Another plasma component...

More
24 Aug 2019 04:19 #143050 by phillc54
You could do that in the post with a digital pin using M62~M65 codes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2019 04:27 - 24 Aug 2019 04:33 #143051 by thefabricator03
Just thinking I might try a new scribe, I like to look of this one on the site Rod posted,
www.gettoolsdirect.com.au/geiger-pneumat...ng-stylus-gp110.html

I can get a wide stylus for it for a resonable price, www.gettoolsdirect.com.au/geiger-wide-po...stylus-gp110-18.html

Problem with American products here in Aus is you pay a premium for them and have to wait weeks for parts.At least if something breaks I could get parts easily.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2019 04:33 by thefabricator03.

More
24 Aug 2019 04:29 #143052 by thefabricator03
Thanks Phill,

I think ill try a new scribe first and it that does not work Ill annoy you to show me how I can do what you suggested.

More
24 Aug 2019 04:47 #143053 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...
Stefan, I think those parts are for this one

More
24 Aug 2019 04:50 - 24 Aug 2019 04:53 #143054 by phillc54
This post will give you a one second delay at the end of each scribe and will turn motion.digital-out-01 on when the air scribe is selected and turn it off if the torch is selected or the program ends.
It needs a bit of finesse as it won't turn off if you abort so you would need to issue a M65 P0 via MDI but it at least will give you a starting point.
You would need to manually edit your connections.hal file and comment out the air scribe start line:
# net plasmac:air-scribe-start plasmac.air-scribe-start => ***YOUR_AIR_SCRIBE_START_OUTPUT***
and put in something like:
net air-scribe-start motion.digital-out-01=> ***YOUR_AIR_SCRIBE_START_OUTPUT***
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Aug 2019 04:53 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
24 Aug 2019 08:06 #143066 by Dee436
Replied by Dee436 on topic Another plasma component...
I left my upgrade a long time, I was maybe 3 months behind and there had been a lot of changes including directory structure and the configurator. Even the base Linuxcnc version changed. Because I use run in place I was able to set up the latest version alongside the existing, although I find once I upgrade something I always seem to persevere with the new version rather than go back.

I did have a few problems along the way that that Phill sorted out for me and I am back to a working machine, dropping my thc gain from 25 to 10 as suggested by Phill stopped the torch bouncing up and down. I think having some starter settings is a great idea to get people somewhere close to begin tuning from. Hearing that a lot of you are using the auto volts now, I will be giving that a try.

I do still have some issues with cut quality on the latest version, it’s hard to explain but it almost feels as though my table is more sensitive now, curves in files that I used to cut that were smooth, now seem to show every small segment that makes the curve up. Even some straight cuts seem to have have wiggles in them that they previously didn’t.

I am going to go through the table this weekend and make sure everything is adjusted properly, run some code with a pen and paper rather than cutting steel to see if the issue is in trajectory or the actual plasma cut process, re-measure all the height and float travel settings, and put in some new consumables before doing the line tests again.
That should hopefully get me back to the quality of cut I had previously.

I think without PlasmaC I would have given up and moved to some other controller and software long ago. PlasmaC and the help from this forum enabled me to get a working CNC table with more functionality than I ever hoped for. I will however make sure I keep a little more up to date in the future as such a big jump introduces way too many variables.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, rodw, thefabricator03

More
24 Aug 2019 08:34 #143068 by phillc54
An update has been pushed:
  • Add THC Active indicator
For RIP installations this requires make

As usual HTML and downloadable PDF documents are available.

We are a bit pushed for real estate so I moved the THC Up/Down LED's to the same line. We need someone to design us a nice plasma GUI that we can attach to. I tried to do a QtVCP one and it 'worked' but I don't have a creative bone in my body and it looked kinda shite.

I see a few guys having cut quality problems and some thinking that the height is not right. I would appreciate it if any of you that have Probe Test enabled could do some probe testing and see if there are any height errors. When I did testing here on a test rig attached to my mill I was getting within a few thou every time. I just used drill bits I had measured with a micrometer and rolled them under the probe after each probe test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

More
24 Aug 2019 08:49 #143069 by tecno
Replied by tecno on topic Another plasma component...
Hi Phil,

Can I put in a small request as regards documentation.

Add date when last edited in top at first page. Makes life a bit easier.

Cheers
Bengt

More
24 Aug 2019 08:51 #143070 by phillc54
Yep, no problem. I have been doing it but it is at the bottom and sometimes I forget...

I think I will also add a link to the actual announcement.

More
24 Aug 2019 10:17 #143075 by thefabricator03

Stefan, I think those parts are for this one

Yeah I brought that scribe and a wide stylus tip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds