Another plasma component...

More
03 Apr 2019 03:38 #130180 by islander261
Phill

Having created my own mini configuration management nightmare I have great sympathy for brave souls willing to take on the development of a new branch. Thank you.

I am still trying to figure out how to do probing tests (measure pierce or cut height). I really need to be confident of IHS before doing meaningful line tests.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 04:07 #130181 by phillc54
I am still trying to figure out how to do probing tests (measure pierce or cut height). I really need to be confident of IHS before doing meaningful line tests.
I should be able to have something for you tomorrow

Cheers, Phill.

More
03 Apr 2019 04:53 #130184 by phillc54
Home buttons for X,Y and Z have been replaced with user configured buttons.
Usage details in ini file.

This if for the Gmoccapy config only at this stage, others to follow.

Cheers, Phill.

More
03 Apr 2019 07:14 #130188 by phillc54
There is a new pin on the plasmac component, plasmac.probe-test.
Setting this to 1 will begin a probe test sequence, if a ohmic or float input is sensed it will move to top of stock then to pierce height and stay there until the pin is set to 0.
There are no buttons for this in any of the GUI's yet.

Cheers, Phill.

More
03 Apr 2019 09:30 #130190 by phillc54
Pre probe error handling has been reworked.

Cheers, Phill.

More
03 Apr 2019 17:56 - 03 Apr 2019 19:28 #130217 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...
Hi,

I have a little suggestion. Learned from my experience so far with linuxcnc plasma cutting.
Currently i use the halui.program-run pin for enable the (custom) thc component.
It has a few advantages :

1. Manual cutting opereration's become's easyer. ( you need less component code )
2. Setting the zero point is easyer. ( machine is only at travelheight when program is running )
3. The THC component has not to be turned on or off manually with button. Program run is on. Program stop is off.

Attached file's i use on the ethercat plasma machine at the moment. It has a full integrated thc and can set inverter power in the same way. Just for info. Maybe it can have usefull information. Some comment's of i/o pin's have to be cleaned up, some pin's and case name's can be renamed trough a period of testing. But it has a button restart wich does the backward move for 1 second and restarts. It's a nice component, but has to be cleaned up for publication. I can tell a lot of the component. It has a arc oke simulate button. ( nice option to simulate program with no arc okey signal ).
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 19:28 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, chimeno

More
03 Apr 2019 22:12 #130238 by phillc54
Zultan,
Could you please post a copy of your ini file.

Grotius,
Thanks, I will take a look at these files.

Cheers, Phill

More
03 Apr 2019 22:34 #130240 by islander261
Phill

I had a try at using the probing test pin without much joy.

In my .ini file:
[MACROS]
MACRO = probe_test

In the machanics.hal file:
net plasmac:probe-test           motion.digital-out-00            =>  plasmac.probe-test

The macro:
O<probe_test> sub
G01 Z1 F10
M64 P0
G04 P30
M65 P0
O<probe_test> endsub
M2

What happens when the macro is called is that the torch lowers to Z1.0 and then starts probing down until it contacts the plate. The Ohmic Probe LED on the GUI becomes active. The torch then moves .005" one way and then back .005" the other way. The Ohmic Probe LED sometimes briefly changes state back and forth. This happens at about 7hz by halscope. At the end of the 30 second delay the torch then raises to Z1.0.

The Z axis FERRORing is a major problem that I have got to find out what is happening. I now have the FERRORr and MIN-FERROR at rather large values compared to my working configuration. I have also changed MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION to values much less than my working configuration while leaving OFFSET_AV_RATIO at .5. So someplace the Z is being asked to move fast than the hardware step gen can change values. This is a stepper system so the actual physical movement is not known to the controller. Even jogging faster than the slowest rates seems to have problem on the Z axis, again my other configuration doesn't do this.

John
Attachments:

More
03 Apr 2019 22:46 #130241 by islander261
Phill

Here is a better halscope screen shot.

John
Attachments:

More
04 Apr 2019 00:50 #130249 by islander261
Phill

I found another boneheaded error in my mechanics.hal file. This fixed the Z axis FERROR problems but did not fix the probing-test. What halscope data do you need?

John

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds