Tumbler Build - For cleaning plasma cut parts.

More
08 Aug 2020 10:35 #177680 by thefabricator03
Thanks,

Yeah they are pockets for the forklift tines to move it around when needed. The shops pretty big but on the weekdays we pack it full of steel with seven guys working in side, I move out the big stuff on Friday arvo's to make way for my weekend projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2020 10:52 #177681 by machinedude
i keep watching the news to see if we are going to get some of our tax money back in a stimulus check. i have my eyes on a cheap hobby TIG in my price range. my hopes would be to things more normal when it comes to frame building in the future.

small unit but is AC/DC so welding everything would be on the table up to 3/16 thick. so a frame for the little lathe i have is in the plans along with a complete over haul of the thing.

so since i am not a welder i might be bugging you for tips and tricks :)

once the gantry mill is done that will open up a lot of potential in my methods :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
06 Sep 2020 06:45 - 06 Sep 2020 06:46 #180899 by thefabricator03
Progress has been slow with the tumbler, I have had the last couple weeks off with the birth of my second son. I hope to get everything apart from the electronics finished in the next couple of weeks,

Center wall, VFD and control box supports tacked in,

The bearings that support the barrel shaft are wider at the top than at the base. I had to offset the internal wall to allow the wall sheet to miss the bearings. If I were to do it again I would just cut a wider notch in the wall sheet to go around the bearing offset and leave the wall flush with the drum frame.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Sep 2020 06:46 by thefabricator03.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Himarc3D

More
06 Sep 2020 10:40 #180945 by machinedude
it's tough making head way on projects when life gets involved :) the last two months have been that way for myself. i know when my oldest daughter has her baby things are going to get even more side tracked :)

congratulations on the new baby boy :) first few months are tough but gets better as you know already. pretty sure i will be in the same boat since my daughter still lives with me :)

congratulations regardless :)

More
06 Sep 2020 17:28 #181043 by tommylight
@thefabricator,
Congratulations on becoming a dad ... for the second time! :)
All the best wishes to you and your family.

More
07 Sep 2020 07:20 #181101 by phillc54
Congratulations Stefan, my very best wishes to you and your family.

More
08 Sep 2020 00:10 #181195 by thefabricator03
Thanks guys, Its getting harder to find the time to work on my projects. I need to find more hours in the day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
08 Sep 2020 00:21 #181196 by phillc54

Thanks guys, Its getting harder to find the time to work on my projects. I need to find more hours in the day!

The problem is even when you retire there aren't enough hours, I didn't expect that to be the case.

More
08 Sep 2020 04:03 #181208 by thefabricator03

The problem is even when you retire there aren't enough hours, I didn't expect that to be the case.

Dont say that Phill, I am a long way from retirement but now you have shattered my dream of catching up!

More
08 Sep 2020 04:24 #181210 by phillc54

Dont say that Phill, I am a long way from retirement but now you have shattered my dream of catching up!

It seems to work opposite, I am sure I am getting further behind. :ohmy:
The bright side is I don't have enough spare time to get under the chiefs skin. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, thefabricator03

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds