Problem loading PlasmaC for the first time

More
05 Oct 2019 11:54 #147189 by phillc54
So, when you press Probe Test nothing happens?

Edit: Your Probe Height and Safe Height are very low.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2019 14:04 - 05 Oct 2019 14:05 #147197 by Clive S

So, when you press Probe Test nothing happens?

Edit: Your Probe Height and Safe Height are very low.

I have tried the safe height at 60 and probe height to 30 I notice these are +ve numbers my Z is -ve going down

Phill I have noticed that when I change the settings in the config panel for probe speed etc it does not save them on the next load.

Disclosure: I have moved files from the machine to a usb stick and back would this affect file permissions?
Last edit: 05 Oct 2019 14:05 by Clive S.

More
05 Oct 2019 21:11 #147221 by phillc54

I have tried the safe height at 60 and probe height to 30 I notice these are +ve numbers my Z is -ve going down

Safe height is relative to the top of the material, probe height is relative to the bottom limit.

Phill I have noticed that when I change the settings in the config panel for probe speed etc it does not save them on the next load.

Did you click on Save?

Disclosure: I have moved files from the machine to a usb stick and back would this affect file permissions?

If it were a permissions problem then I would imagine you would get error messages in the terminal window.
Are you running LinuxCNC from a terminal?

More
05 Oct 2019 23:09 #147226 by Clive S

Safe height is relative to the top of the material, probe height is relative to the bottom limit.

Did you click on Save?

Yes

If it were a permissions problem then I would imagine you would get error messages in the terminal window.
Are you running LinuxCNC from a terminal?

More
05 Oct 2019 23:21 #147227 by phillc54
I also use a 7i96 so Iif you can zip your config directory and post it I can try to adapt it tomy machine sometime tomorrow.

More
06 Oct 2019 07:43 #147239 by Clive S

I also use a 7i96 so Iif you can zip your config directory and post it I can try to adapt it tomy machine sometime tomorrow.

That's very kind of you Phill. Beyond the call of duty Thanks

I have just noticed that there is no metric_parameter.txt file in there. Rod has my email if you need it.

File Attachment:

File Name: plasma_machine.zip
File Size:308 KB
Attachments:

More
06 Oct 2019 21:40 #147291 by tommylight
Checked it today and probe works as it should. Well everything works, besides some minor issues at first start.
Also checked the voltage tracking and it works perfectly. Need to finish a machine, quick. I was testing with electronics on the table, simulating float switch with a piece of wire and simulating THCAD with a DC servo motor wired to an adjustable power supply and the encoder used for feedback to 7i92 encoder input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
07 Oct 2019 01:19 - 07 Oct 2019 01:46 #147304 by phillc54
Clive,

Is your machine imperial or metric, there are a couple of conflicting .ini file entries.

Edit: After you home the machine are the DRO readings correct (Y5 Z0) or are they Y5 Z5?
Last edit: 07 Oct 2019 01:46 by phillc54.

More
07 Oct 2019 03:49 #147307 by phillc54
Clive,
Forget my previous post it seems you are using metric in which case you need to edit the [RS274NGC] and change imperial to metric in the two appropriate lines. Then fix any parameters as below if needed.

Clive & Tom,
The non saving issue may be that if you change a value by keyboard then you need to either press 'Enter' or click on the up/down arrow in the spinbutton to make it stick. That is either a GTK or GladeVCP behaviour that I cannot (or don't know how to) change.
I should put a not in the PlasmaC docs about that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

More
07 Oct 2019 06:55 #147311 by Clive S

Clive,
Forget my previous post it seems you are using metric in which case you need to edit the [RS274NGC] and change imperial to metric in the two appropriate lines. Then fix any parameters as below if needed.

I will check this out and report back

Clive & Tom,
The non saving issue may be that if you change a value by keyboard then you need to either press 'Enter' or click on the up/down arrow in the spinbutton to make it stick. That is either a GTK or GladeVCP behaviour that I cannot (or don't know how to) change.
I should put a not in the PlasmaC docs about that.

I have seen that behaviour before. Yes it would be good to put it in the docs.

Phil Thanks for taking the time helping me with this it is appreciated :)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds