PlasmaC Fiber laser 1Kw head height control + auto focuas

More
31 Mar 2020 08:29 #162210 by taloot
yes 750k you are right,,, but u can build it less than 10k if we have the right software
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2020 08:33 #162211 by taloot

Just curious, what are your intentions with PlasmaC?

There was a member here a while back that did a retrofit on a new machine of this type, and he confirmed what i was able to gather on the net that the software that comes with those machines is very bad, to the point that hitting esc or e-stop will leave the laser on at full tilt ! And they use windoze through USB, so ........

Lol, lasers and not being able to turn them off defiantly do not mix!!. I wonder if in the future we will get LaserC. I have started working on RobotC in my spare time. Then all that will be left will be WaterJetC and we will be sorted!

But they would need to be PlaserC, ProbotC and PwaterjetC so they have my initials... ;)

you can fix it easily,,, i just need to cancel the probing routine + i will make device send the capacitance to THCAD
or i make device send the capacitance to the encoder pin inside mesa card,,,
this is the fastest way i guess
in dedicated for this,,,

More
31 Mar 2020 08:37 #162212 by taloot

But they would need to be PlaserC, ProbotC and PwaterjetC so they have my initials... ;)

I always knew PlasmaC has another meaning apart from Plasma Component :)

Yes, an ulterior motive at play... :lol:

you solved big issues for plasma,,,

you make the work flow more smooth for plasma operator ,, you are very professional in framing this
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S, thefabricator03

More
31 Mar 2020 08:43 #162213 by thefabricator03
Do you have any pictures of your laser machine? The more pictures the better! :)

More
31 Mar 2020 08:47 #162214 by thefabricator03

yes 750k you are right,,, but u can build it less than 10k if we have the right software

I will build one soon. Well relativity soon. I have many many projects before I can get to a CNC laser. Although having one would be very handy for some of my up coming projects.

With another child on the way it makes it difficult to fund my hobbies. I need to start making more money lol.

More
31 Mar 2020 08:49 #162215 by thefabricator03

you can fix it easily,,, i just need to cancel the probing routine + i will make device send the capacitance to THCAD
in dedicated for this,,,

In keeping with the LinuxCNC open source spirit. Could you please post your code changes when you are finished. I am sure many more people could benefit from your work.

More
31 Mar 2020 09:24 #162217 by taloot

I will build one soon. Well relativity soon. I have many many projects before I can get to a CNC laser. Although having one would be very handy for some of my up coming projects.

With another child on the way it makes it difficult to fund my hobbies. I need to start making more money lol.

laser it pay it self,,, u can do very good products u cant do with plasma,, ( also dont forget to buy welding gun,,) cut and weld laser in ur home,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sadmeatball

More
31 Mar 2020 09:27 #162218 by taloot

in dedicated for this,,,

In keeping with the LinuxCNC open source spirit. Could you please post your code changes when you are finished. I am sure many more people could benefit from your work.

Sure thing,,,
without linuxcnc,, world will be different (very high performance with extremely low cost) thanks mesa
the good with plasmac that u can controll everything,, under simple clean UI ,,,

More
31 Mar 2020 09:31 - 01 Apr 2020 11:27 #162219 by thefabricator03

laser it pay it self,,, u can do very good products u cant do with plasma,, ( also dont forget to buy welding gun,,) cut and weld laser in ur home,,

Lol I will not forget to buy a welding gun,

A humble brag but this is what a robotic inverter welder looks like.

And this is the latest welding gun I have brought,

After around 10 years of welding everyday I decided to let machines do my welding.(Although I do miss it sometimes)
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Apr 2020 11:27 by thefabricator03.

More
31 Mar 2020 09:39 #162220 by taloot
then i wont use the RS485 capacitace,,, i will use another head,, that comes without it,,, and i will use stm32 to measure the capacitance and send it to mesa board ..

i will post some videos

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds