PlasmaC Fiber laser 1Kw head height control + auto focuas

More
31 Mar 2020 09:45 - 31 Mar 2020 09:47 #162224 by taloot

laser it pay it self,,, u can do very good products u cant do with plasma,, ( also dont forget to buy welding gun,,) cut and weld laser in ur home,,

Lol I will not forget to buy a welding gun,

A humble brag but this is what a $17,000 robotic inverter welder looks like.

And this is the latest welding gun I have brought,

After around 10 years of welding everyday I decided to let machines do my welding.(Although I do miss it sometimes)

very professional welder,,,
the weld gun cost about 1100$
for cs6mm deep penetration u need 3kw

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Mar 2020 09:47 by taloot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2020 09:52 #162226 by thefabricator03
My brother is the professional welder in the family, he has his pressure welding tickets for welding pipe lines and such( He is his own robot). He has told me about the hand laser welding machines but we both have not use one.

Have you used such a welding unit? I image it would be for exotic metals like titanium and anything that would need a very small heat affected zone.

What is something like the above commonly used for?

More
31 Mar 2020 12:19 - 31 Mar 2020 12:20 #162247 by taloot

My brother is the professional welder in the family, he has his pressure welding tickets for welding pipe lines and such( He is his own robot). He has told me about the hand laser welding machines but we both have not use one.

Have you used such a welding unit? I image it would be for exotic metals like titanium and anything that would need a very small heat affected zone.

What is something like the above commonly used for?

i never use it my self but i ordered one and its in the way,,, its perfect for thin sheet metal fabrication and stainless steel welding..
also kitchen cabinet welding
also for multi sheet defusing together with spot welding,,,

consume less power small heat effected zone
the gun is heavy compare to welding torch
Last edit: 31 Mar 2020 12:20 by taloot.

More
31 Mar 2020 15:58 - 31 Mar 2020 16:02 #162268 by taloot
okey i found a sloution ,, that change capacitance to 0-10,,,

now need to cancel probing and relay on the reading from THCAD to determine the hight... it have similarity as flame cutter oxy

also ARC ok need to be ignored

this is the sensor if anyone need it
www.google.com/search?q=BCL-AMP&safe=str...Aw&biw=1509&bih=1159
Last edit: 31 Mar 2020 16:02 by taloot.

More
31 Mar 2020 16:38 #162272 by rodw
I'm not sure if plasmac is the right interface to start with. Except that is has Z axis height control. Why not just use a simple gui that supports X/Y interface and a much simplified version of plasmac.comp?

From what I understand, the capacitive sensor outputs a 0-10 volt scale to represent height

You could use a modified version of master branch ohmic.comp to output a probe signal at the desired height/voltage. Then you could use a simple gcode subroutine to probe to the surface and stop at the correct height. This is how most of us did plasma probing before plasmac.

So when at height, start cutting and hand the Z axis over to the plasmac component height control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: taloot

More
31 Mar 2020 20:48 - 31 Mar 2020 20:51 #162294 by taloot

I'm not sure if plasmac is the right interface to start with. Except that is has Z axis height control. Why not just use a simple gui that supports X/Y interface and a much simplified version of plasmac.comp?

From what I understand, the capacitive sensor outputs a 0-10 volt scale to represent height

You could use a modified version of master branch ohmic.comp to output a probe signal at the desired height/voltage. Then you could use a simple gcode subroutine to probe to the surface and stop at the correct height. This is how most of us did plasma probing before plasmac.

So when at height, start cutting and hand the Z axis over to the plasma component height control.

yes exactly that what i want,,, but plasmac offering pricing time and cutting height,,, more automated.. with paddle function for thick piercing .. where can i find the modifed ohmic.comp

also if i can modify the plasmac to add this,,, it will make it easier to work with,
i have full time programmer he can handle this,, if he get some guidance
Last edit: 31 Mar 2020 20:51 by taloot.

More
31 Mar 2020 21:06 #162298 by rodw
ohmic documentation is here
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/ohmic.9.html

The source for both plasmac.comp and ohmic.comp live in git in this folder:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master/src/hal/components

You may also be able to modify the plasmac probing to do what I was thinking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: taloot

More
01 Apr 2020 09:03 #162340 by taloot

ohmic documentation is here
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/ohmic.9.html

The source for both plasmac.comp and ohmic.comp live in git in this folder:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master/src/hal/components

You may also be able to modify the plasmac probing to do what I was thinking.

thanks alot,,, i will try it,,, and i will update

More
03 Apr 2020 10:10 #162557 by taloot
okey i have update,,
it seems all good,. except one thing,,
auto foucas motor inside the head is considered as 4th axis,,,and i should adjust it according to the cutting height and material thickness also cutting or piercing,, whats the best approach to fix that

More
03 Apr 2020 10:44 #162559 by andypugh
You should be able to configure the focus motor as an axis if you think that will work best. That means that it would be controlled from inside C-code by an axis letter.

But, whether this is a good idea or not would depend on the source of the information used to control the motor.

I suspect that it would be better to control the motor inside HAL, independently of G-code commands. (in very nearly exactly the same way as torch height is controlled with a Plasma machine)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds