Help with adding PlasmaC to base config + 7i76e

More
14 May 2020 15:27 - 14 May 2020 18:22 #167753 by Plasmaguy

That doesn't seem right, it should be using an input pin, not the velocityo pin, something like:

You're right.. sorry about that, I did not catch this oversight until now that I report back about how my machine is running. I will correct my previous post.

I ran some simple squares and everything is great.

Happy with that I go ahead and run my first part...several hundred pierces and a few thousand inches of cutting.

Here I'm plasma cutting irregular shapes...grass. Tons of voltage changes going on and Plasmac handles it all perfectly up through about the 80th pierce point.

As you see there is some discrepancy in the arc shutoff delay. No big deal, it hasn't adversely affected anything (yet).

Specifically @:

0:15
1:27
1:48
2:27
2:57
3:05
3:15
3:25
3:58

After the video is over once I got to about the 80th cut, halfways through it the THC sends the torch flying up to the upper limit and shuts off & pauses. Send it through to the next cut and now the torch is crashing down into the sheet about 2 seconds after the arc initializes. Tried again, same result. I checked the torch itself thinking maybe a piece of slag is stuck in there, but it's free & clear.

I'm going to do some more test pieces to see what I can figure out before I try to continue on finishing out the rest of this sheet. Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

My biggest question at this point (besides the thc issue) is how many of the run/config settings are editable "on the fly" i.e. while the machine is running? Can the THC can be enabled & disabled in the middle of a cut? Can I change the pierce height, pierce delay, etc on the fly?

Edit: Here are a couple more videos to show what's going on with my THC, it wants to lift immediately after the 1.5 second THC delay. The voltage is set @ 125v so that's understandable as the arc stabilizes around 123v after pierce, I just don't know why it's wanting to "overcorrect" like that.

Last edit: 14 May 2020 18:22 by Plasmaguy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2020 23:45 - 15 May 2020 00:29 #167797 by phillc54
Those arc off delays are odd, if you know how to use Halscope you could determine whether the issue is within PlasmaC or not.

Pretty much all the cut parameters can be changed on the fly except feed rate as that is read from gcode.

You can enable/disable THC with g-code as well:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasmac-user-guide.html#_thc

Do you have Auto Volts enabled in the Run Panel.

When PlasmaC goes to maximum height and pauses then it should give an error message in the bottom right of Axis.
Last edit: 15 May 2020 00:29 by phillc54. Reason: typos...

More
15 May 2020 23:48 #167907 by phillc54
I think it would be worthwhile changing:
setp  hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.scale 1
to:
setp  hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.scale -1
and then setting the Voltage Offset to a positive number.

It does appears as if the THC is running in reverse.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds