PlasmaC questions new setup

More
22 May 2020 18:13 #168594 by Clive S
I am building another control box for a plasma machine.

This will be for a Hypertherm 45 with a cp port and serial port using a Mesa 7i96 + THC-10

I haven't seen the H-cutter or the manual yet, so would the THC-10 go in the control box or bolted to the side of the Hypertherm 45 like I have done before.

Also would you advise getting it to run first without the serial communication then adding that later ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 18:22 #168596 by Uthayne
Replied by Uthayne on topic PlasmaC questions new setup
I've got a Hypertherm Powermax 45XP with CPC and I run the voltage divider at 30:1 and then have my THCAD-10 inside my electronics cabinet. No scaling resistor needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
22 May 2020 20:32 #168603 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic PlasmaC questions new setup
Clive, inside your control box and changing the divider to 30:1 is the way to go.
Here is something I did up for the 7i96 that may be helpful
Using a THCAD-5 for hypersensing instead of the relay set up for arcOK frees up a couple of scarce I/O pins so you get better limit switch functionality.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
22 May 2020 21:49 #168606 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic PlasmaC questions new setup
Rod I thought you had a 7i76e !!

My 7i96 + THC-10 are coming on the 26th May so it will cost too much to get a THC-5 at this point.. The del. charge would be about 28 euro. (I know I know probably 10 time less than you)

The guy I am doing the box for has ordered the Hypertherm 45 with a factory fitted serial connection as well it is being shipped straight to me.

So I can test it on my machine. ( I know PITA but I would like to get the config working before I take it over to him)

I have printed off the connection crib sheet but don't see any RS422 stuff on it. Has that been sorted now?

I have flashed 5 HD's not ssd today with Mr helpful Beagle's iso. I can do them in 40 mins now including the updates :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
22 May 2020 23:34 #168612 by phillc54

I have printed off the connection crib sheet but don't see any RS422 stuff on it. Has that been sorted now?

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...ml#rs485_connections

There is a question mark on the pin numbering on the hypertherm, Stefan is going to check it out.

More
22 May 2020 23:53 #168615 by thefabricator03

There is a question mark on the pin numbering on the hypertherm, Stefan is going to check it out.

I will, Ill check and post on Monday AUS time.

More
23 May 2020 00:12 #168618 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic PlasmaC questions new setup

My 7i96 + THC-10 are coming on the 26th May so it will cost too much to get a THC-5 at this point.. The del. charge would be about 28 euro. (I know I know probably 10 time less than you)

Yeh I do! and a couple of other bits and pieces. I did get as far as putting all this on a bit of DIN rail and partly wired up hence the din rail numbering. I had this idea to make a reference build for the 7i96 that fitted in a plasma cuttable control box.

But its morphed into a massive project with a US manufacturer so we can bring the whole prebuilt control box to market with a preconfigured Plasmac PC. Plus a circuit board/wiring harness I came up with after my experiences building my machine so building a plasma cutter will become a plug and play exercise. And a carefully engineered matched motor and driver pack. Maybe we will need a UK rep!

More
23 May 2020 07:57 #168655 by Clive S

Yes I did see that on the PowerMax 125. So it seems it might be the same on the 45.

More
23 May 2020 08:05 #168657 by phillc54

Yes I did see that on the PowerMax 125. So it seems it might be the same on the 45.

A bit more info on this thread forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/37307-rs485-f...rms?start=180#164394

More
23 May 2020 08:09 #168659 by Clive S

Yeh I do! and a couple of other bits and pieces. I did get as far as putting all this on a bit of DIN rail and partly wired up hence the din rail numbering. I had this idea to make a reference build for the 7i96 that fitted in a plasma cuttable control box.!

Yes, Rod I remember seeing it at your place now. This will be my 5th 7i96 board i have already made the mounting for it.

photos.app.goo.gl/aLPgt1e1Tc1CsZT87

But its morphed into a massive project with a US manufacturer so we can bring the whole prebuilt control box to market with a preconfigured Plasmac PC. Plus a circuit board/wiring harness I came up with after my experiences building my machine so building a plasma cutter will become a plug and play exercise. And a carefully engineered matched motor and driver pack. Maybe we will need a UK rep!

I take it will be all open source :) :)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds