QtPlasmaC release.

More
09 May 2021 23:47 #208438 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic QtPlasmaC release.

-does not add the 3 lines needed for THCAD encoder, filter, scale, mode > need to be added manually

Did you select a Arc Voltage encoder from the Plasma Encoder menu?

-does not save the THCAD settings, scale and offset, have to be set again in GUI

See reply above, and if there is no qtplasmac.prefs file then if should create one with those entries .

Hmm that might be it, i am pretty sure i just clicked on plasma encoder and moved on, and that does nothing so it stays as an unused encoder! :( shame on me. I did this on 4 PC's last two days! Shame on me 4 times ! :)
Going to find a big rock and hide under it for several days...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2021 00:31 #208441 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic QtPlasmaC release.

-does not add the 3 lines needed for THCAD encoder, filter, scale, mode > need to be added manually

Did you select a Arc Voltage encoder from the Plasma Encoder menu?

-does not save the THCAD settings, scale and offset, have to be set again in GUI

See reply above, and if there is no qtplasmac.prefs file then if should create one with those entries .

Hmm that might be it, i am pretty sure i just clicked on plasma encoder and moved on, and that does nothing so it stays as an unused encoder! :( shame on me. I did this on 4 PC's last two days! Shame on me 4 times ! :)
Going to find a big rock and hide under it for several days...

You are not the first to do that Tom. It is a bit deceptive because there is only one menu item, when we add ohmic sense down the track it will probably look better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 May 2021 01:35 #208444 by tommylight
I'll chalk that up to not using pncconf, maybe once or twice a year, as i am very comfortable editing the hal and ini files.
Off to bed, nearly 4AM here !!! Ouch .... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
10 May 2021 03:30 #208448 by phillc54

tommylight wrote: I'll chalk that up to not using pncconf, maybe once or twice a year, as i am very comfortable editing the hal and ini files.

I must admit that I am also not very good at using PnCconf, although I have improved since I did the QtPlasmaC additions to it.

-the plasmac.thc-feed-rate gets set to 0 !!!

plasmac.thc-feed-rate is set by the GUI when it initializes, it is calculated from the .ini file variables [AXIS_Z]MAX_VELOCITY and [AXIS_Z]OFFSET_AV_RATIO

More
10 May 2021 08:20 #208465 by tommylight
Edited the post regarding issues i caused by skipping steps in PncConf, got used to editing hal and ini files so i skip a lot. Sorry for the mess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
10 May 2021 09:09 #208467 by phillc54
No worries Tom.

More
17 Jun 2021 11:20 #212269 by tommylight
Can anyone please test this :

Again, i do not use wizards, i edit hal and ini files to change modes.
This is something that happened also with Axis/PlasmaC, so pretty sure it is hiding in the comp, as usuall Mint19.3/RT4.9/2.9:
In mode 0, chnge the value for arcok high from default 99999 to 180 or any other = torch will not fire, sometimes at all, sometimes it does after 15 seconds. Restarting QTPlasmaC fixes it most of the time, not always.
Change to mode 1, same thing happens, torch will not fire or fire randomly after long pause.
After several restarts of PlasmaC/QT this tends to go away, but sometimes it does not.
Will test this in a sim later and report back.
If this was happening only when changing modes, i would blame myself for not using wizards, but it is beyond me why it does this when i change the arcok high value ... reminds me never checked the low value ....

More
17 Jun 2021 11:35 #212270 by phillc54
Does the Torch On LED come on?

More
17 Jun 2021 13:24 #212274 by tommylight
No, not while that issue is going on till 15 or more seconds have passed, then it does. This was on build 3855, now on 3879 it did wait only once in Mode 0 when changing retry delay from 60 to 6 seconds, i can not get it to wait like that again, testing for nearly an hour.
Probing ok, raise to pierce height ok, fire the torch = huston we have a problem.
It does that even with F9.
It is anoying, but for some reason it goes away after a while, and that is the bugger, this is the second time i wasted 2 days chasing that, it just does not fire, checked LED, scope, hal show, everything, changed 4 plasma sources although it has nothing to do with this, 3 machines, the only thing in common in all this is the same type of PC HP8300 SFF on all of them, and the issue occurs only after changing ARC settings or changing Mode, even going back to the working config does not fix it after it starts messing up, i always make separate configs for mode 0 and mode 1 to test the arcok issue users have with mode 0, i never have that issue at default values.
Weering off.
Also checked on sim, it does not happen, no matter what i change.
Anything i should monitor as i still have 2 PC's with 3855 so i can do more tests after monday?

More
17 Jun 2021 20:58 #212291 by tommylight
Had another strange issue today with 3879 build,
- doing 32x 20mm circles, did 15 and stopped for some reason (no error logs and i was away from PC) on pause, pressed "resume" nothing happens, no movement of any kind, press "pause" and "resume" again = nothing at all, had to stop cycle followed by "run from line" and that worked properly till the end.
Most probably wont have time to test more till next week, then i should have 2 machines at the ready for testing here and i have another 2 in a 10KM radius, one with QTPlasmaC and one with PlasmaC. Oh yeah, all of them have configs for PlasmaC and QtPlasmaC.
So, from the above, the error log is not in master yet probably buildbot took a nap again ... :)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds