qtplasmac 2.10 arc ok, thcad thc, and Thcad Ohmic troubleshooting help needed.

More
23 May 2024 20:23 #301253 by jimmyrig

Something like this seems to work but I have not comprehensively tested for any side effects.
    /* check for reached end of move */
    if (! (&joints[jno])->free_tp.active) {
        /* reached end of move without hitting switch */
         (&joints[jno])->free_tp.enable = 0;
        rtapi_print_msg(RTAPI_MSG_ERR,_("j%d end of move in home state %d, homing aborted"),jno, H[jno].home_state);
        for (int j = 0; j < all_joints; j++) {
            if (!H[j].homed) {
                H[j].home_state = HOME_ABORT;
            }
        }
        return 1; // abort reqd
    }

I was able to test that code and it worked on my machine! Will run it and post if any issues arise. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2024 06:47 #301376 by phillc54

Went to run a file generated from sheetcam and got "g92 offsets are not allowed" error. Documentation seems to want a g38 instead of a g92.

We probably should suppress that error when #<tube-cut>=1.

In the meantime you could hide it by creating a custom_filter.py file in your config directory with the following contents:
import types

def set_g92_detected(self):
    if not self.tubeCut:
        self.set_code_error()
        self.errorG92Offset.append(self.lineNum)
        self.errorLines.append(self.lineNumOrg)

self.set_g92_detected = types.MethodType(set_g92_detected, self)

More
25 May 2024 15:50 #301415 by jimmyrig
Alrighty will look into the source code and give that script a shot in the meantime.

What's interesting is I was able to get it working yesterday in 2.9.2. Same gcode as before. So something happened to break it in 2.10.

Have a few quality of life questions regarding the a axis

How do you increase the jog speed? I've set it in the default angular velocity in just about every location I can think of (display ,traj, kin, etc). Stuck at 1 degree per second.... Might add another slider for A.
Is there a keyboard shortcut to jog a?

Does THC work when tube cut is 1? I tried it and it just dove into the pipe. Probably needs some tuning on my end.

Finally is their a way to make the display more relevant? Right now just displays a line in the xyz and the "cone" revolves around that line for the a axis. Kinda hard to see what line it is on.

Thanks for all the help!

More
26 May 2024 00:13 #301455 by phillc54

What's interesting is I was able to get it working yesterday in 2.9.2. Same gcode as before. So something happened to break it in 2.10.

There have been many changes since 2.9 so I am not surprised.

How do you increase the jog speed? I've set it in the default angular velocity in just about every location I can think of (display ,traj, kin, etc). Stuck at 1 degree per second.... Might add another slider for A.

Good question, my sim seems to follow the rate in the jog slider but I am not sure in what units...

Is there a keyboard shortcut to jog a?

"[" and "]"
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...a:keyboard-shortcuts

Does THC work when tube cut is 1? I tried it and it just dove into the pipe. Probably needs some tuning on my end.

I thought that it did but not 100% sure. Tube cutting is experimental and was created for one particular user. We make changes dependant on their feedback. I think that THC would not really be required for tube cutting but I don't do any so I am not really sure.

Finally is their a way to make the display more relevant? Right now just displays a line in the xyz and the "cone" revolves around that line for the an axis. Kinda hard to see what line it is on.

I "think" that you may need to play around with the GEOMETRY settings.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...#sub:ini:sec:display

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds