MonoKrom - QtPyVCP GUI for PlasmaC and Mill

More
24 Sep 2020 13:09 #183581 by pinder
Replied by pinder on topic qtpyvcp Gui for plasmac

Looks great, could there be a button beside the cut options that when pressed changed the line to display the name of the materials entry? Some of us without the ability to set the plasma cutter up via RS485 might have something like "2mm mild steel, 5.2 bar, 40 amps" for the name. I thought cycling through the data would save screen space.

I was not able to get this . can you clarify this?

Also when G54 offsets are displayed, could there be a button that zeroes X & Y and sets the G54 offset? I saw a home button there but maybe thats not the right icon.

Yeah, I got you. What I can do is in G53, It should show Homing icon, But in work offsets, this should be limited to zeroing x and y only.
I will post asap.

Also, that zero button might need a configuration option so that it also zeros to a laser pointer position before setting the offset. I find that pretty important

I dont have laser at offset. But still I can see what i can do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2020 13:24 #183585 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic qtpyvcp Gui for plasmac
Can you please post the names and sizes of the fonts you are using? I was not able to extract that info from the SVG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
24 Sep 2020 13:50 - 24 Sep 2020 13:56 #183589 by AgentWD40
Replied by AgentWD40 on topic qtpyvcp Gui for plasmac

How about this?
@rodw. I have made the tile bar with material info.

ANOTHER OPTION

@phillc54 I have added the Reverse run( when paused) as you asked, i can surely rename to cut-recovery.

I would suggest an option for just using material name only on the main display and keeping the other settings on a separate tab. The issue I see with these options in my own case is I have quite long and descriptive material names and there isn't room to see the full name there. For example here is one of mine: "Stainless Steel - EDGE START - 45 A - 5/8 IN". I've made mine descriptive so I can quickly identify the correct material, what those mystery settings actually are are from my manual and don't compute between my ears anyway! Being able to just quickly see that the correct material is selected when a program is loaded is all I'd personally be concerned about at that moment. If I needed to deviate from the manual's recommended settings I would be poking around a settings tab anyway. Just my 2 cents.

How about a combination of your two options? A title bar that has the material name, then the individual settings on separate lines in the corner?
Last edit: 24 Sep 2020 13:56 by AgentWD40.

More
24 Sep 2020 14:03 #183590 by pinder
@rodw. I have replaced home icon with zero in work offset.
Attachments:

More
24 Sep 2020 15:45 - 24 Sep 2020 15:53 #183605 by pinder

Can you please post the names and sizes of the fonts you are using? I was not able to extract that info from the SVG.

most of the fonts are MontserratMontserrat
Bold, semiBold and Regular.
7 segment fonts are DSEG Use Dseg7-classic Italic bold(DRO)

Sizes are :
widget tiltle: 20-21
button: 18
DRO: 40
cycle start & machine power :22
items inside widgets: 15

In which format can i share file?
adobe xd?
Last edit: 24 Sep 2020 15:53 by pinder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
24 Sep 2020 16:59 #183610 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic qtpyvcp Gui for plasmac
Excellent! Thanks for the font info.
An SVG files it most convenient for me to work from, since I use mostly open source software. I doubt many people will be able to open an adobe xd file.

More
24 Sep 2020 17:24 #183611 by pinder

Excellent! Thanks for the font info.
An SVG files it most convenient for me to work from, since I use mostly open source software. I doubt many people will be able to open an adobe xd file.

In qt designer how responsive windows work.
how software will change shape in different resolutions?

90% modern touch monitors are 1080p.
most common resolution is 1366x768.

More
24 Sep 2020 17:43 #183612 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic qtpyvcp Gui for plasmac

Looks great, could there be a button beside the cut options that when pressed changed the line to display the name of the materials entry? Some of us without the ability to set the plasma cutter up via RS485 might have something like "2mm mild steel, 5.2 bar, 40 amps" for the name. I thought cycling through the data would save screen space.

in my own case is I have quite long and descriptive material names and there isn't room to see the full name there. For example here is one of mine: "Stainless Steel - EDGE START - 45 A - 5/8 IN". I've made mine descriptive so I can quickly identify the correct material,

I like AgentWD40's idea. What I was proposing was to be able to cycle between the two views by pressing a button.

So back to G54/G53 offsets, that looks good. So I know some of Kurt's screens let you click on a X,Y or Z DRO and set the offset from a popup numeric keyboard. To be able to do that would be nice. I hope Kurt can also build that in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinder

More
25 Sep 2020 02:04 #183664 by pinder

in my own case is I have quite long and descriptive material names and there isn't room to see the full name there. For example here is one of mine: "Stainless Steel - EDGE START - 45 A - 5/8 IN". I've made mine descriptive so I can quickly identify the correct material,

I like AgentWD40's idea. What I was proposing was to be able to cycle between the two views by pressing a button.

So back to G54/G53 offsets, that looks good. So I know some of Kurt's screens let you click on a X,Y or Z DRO and set the offset from a popup numeric keyboard. To be able to do that would be nice. I hope Kurt can also build that in.

So the toolpath title is tge way to go.
Only selected material name (e.g. Stainless Steel - EDGE START - 45 A - 5/8 IN) will be shown.
Clicking on it will toggle further description on the toolpath corner.
How that sounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, KCJ

More
25 Sep 2020 02:15 #183665 by pinder
@AgentWD40, @rodw Check if thats all right
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, AgentWD40

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds