MonoKrom - QtPyVCP GUI for PlasmaC and Mill

More
26 Sep 2020 02:29 #183782 by pinder
Replied by pinder on topic QTPYVCP GUI for plasmac
Everything On the controll can be replaced when an ESTOP is pressed. I'll post soon

Moreover, you should have Big red lights That lits up during ESTOP.
According to me LED beacons are good.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2020 02:31 #183783 by pinder
Replied by pinder on topic qtpyvcp Gui for plasmac

Absolutely, everything I do is open-source.

:laugh:
I was telling myself.
In youra case its clear.

More
26 Sep 2020 02:34 #183784 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic QTPYVCP GUI for plasmac
Speaking of estops, I've always wanted to make a console similar to this

This pic shows how easy it is to mount the monitor using the VESA mount and also how simple it is to fit an odroid inside as well.

(I did inherit some terrible wiring with this machine)
I had in mind to include a 7i73 as well.

If I get around to designing it, I'll share the design. I want to be able to cut it out on a plasma cutter. I was envisaging the back cover would include some threaded holes for mounting to a vesa mount.

As an aside, pressing the estop button on the console on this machine turns the hydraulic pump off and you have to physically turn the pump back on before resuming. A info message turns red on an estop or other error
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, pinder

More
26 Sep 2020 02:44 #183786 by pinder

Speaking of estops, I've always wanted to make a console similar to this

This pic shows how easy it is to mount the monitor using the VESA mount and also how simple it is to fit an odroid inside as well.

You will be surprised, when I will show you physical controller design.
I'll start a new thread for that when i get Time
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
26 Sep 2020 02:47 #183787 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic QTPYVCP GUI for plasmac
Rod, now I'm in my comfort zone, metal bending machines :)
The control console previously used on our industrial folder line was very similar to that amada, though a little nicer with hinged rear access panel and very nice arrangement for mounting the automation PC and touch screen. We now use SIEMENS Simatic arm mount panels, but I salvage the old panels whenever we do a control upgrade. Now I need to build more CNC machines to use the salvaged panels on!

RE: estop - should be easy to make parts of the interface turn red to signal the state.

RE: file locations - there could have a section in the settings tab for specifying a couple or three standard file location. Could also have a small "Browse" button on the file chooser for selecting files from an arbitrary location.

Cheers,
Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, pinder

More
26 Sep 2020 03:27 #183788 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic QTPYVCP GUI for plasmac

Rod, now I'm in my comfort zone, metal bending machines :)
The control console previously used on our industrial folder line was very similar to that amada, though a little nicer with hinged rear access panel and very nice arrangement for mounting the automation PC and touch screen. We now use SIEMENS Simatic arm mount panels, but I salvage the old panels whenever we do a control upgrade. Now I need to build more CNC machines to use the salvaged panels on!

Kurt, the press is 1992 vintage but was retrofitted a couple of years ago so the software is current. I've only had it for about a month.
I know nothing about metal folding...
The touch screen needed replacing so I gave it the Odroid and Asus monitor and I mentioned earlier. And added Windows 10... :(

The tech was saying that this style of console was prone to breaking away at the top mount and now they do it this way.

Attachment not found

Follow the link and you'll see there is a mounting spine down the back to stiffen it up.
icontrol.net.au/iCONHardware/iCON-100HMI

I do like the nice clean lines of their new control. I thought by adding a 7i73, I could run separate mpg's for the X & Y axes. Aside from scale selectors, I don't think much else is needed other than an estop.

For the record Pinder, I do run stack lights which only cost about $12 from Aliexpress and there is some cool hal stuff Todd helped me with that you might like to use. Its in my Spaceship plasma thread
Shown here on the console, not the stacklights.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, pinder

More
26 Sep 2020 03:44 - 26 Sep 2020 03:45 #183789 by pinder

RE: estop - should be easy to make parts of the interface turn red to signal the state.

You can make a flashing yellow Sign.
Red will Ruin the monochrome effect.
Remember its an indication.
For real warnings use physical LED beacons.

RE: file locations - there could have a section in the settings tab for specifying a couple or three standard file location. Could also have a small "Browse" button on the file chooser for selecting files from an arbitrary location.

Cheers
Kurt

That good
Cheers,
Pinder
Last edit: 26 Sep 2020 03:45 by pinder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
26 Sep 2020 04:52 - 26 Sep 2020 04:53 #183790 by KCJ
What do you think about integrating a recent file combobox in the file header?
It needs some style work, but here is a mock-up implementation.

I took some liberty with the styling of the scroll bars since that's not something you had worked on yet.
Also I have yet to update the tab styles to match your new design.

Almost ready for basic testing. I'll push to a public repo in the next day or so.

Cheers,
Kurt
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Sep 2020 04:53 by KCJ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, AgentWD40

More
26 Sep 2020 05:07 #183791 by KCJ
Here are some screenshots at different screen sizes showing how the widgets auto scale when resizing the window. Overall I think your layout works very well over a wide range of sizes. Only thing I might suggest is having the THC and JOG panels combine into a single tabbed panel when the screen size gets below a certain point to keep them legible.

Less than 1024x768px

About 1920x1080px

Cheers,
Kurt
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, pinder

More
26 Sep 2020 06:08 - 26 Sep 2020 06:13 #183796 by pinder

Here are some screenshots at different screen sizes showing how the widgets auto scale when resizing the window. Overall I think your layout works very well over a wide range of sizes.

It would be helpful for all users.
Huge thanks to you.

Only thing I might suggest is having the THC and JOG panels combine into a single tabbed panel when the screen size gets below a certain point to keep them legible.

Yes that would be nice
I hope i can work that in abit.
Recent files in dropdown, it is just an opinion, make it look un-professional.

Cheers
Pinder
Last edit: 26 Sep 2020 06:13 by pinder.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds