2+2+3 More Plasma builds, double the joy ! 3X2M and 2.5X1.5M cnc plasma build.

More
22 Aug 2021 13:55 #218411 by machinedude
that's quite a bit more than what they cost me here in the states. so i guess i'm lucky in the sense of not having to deal with the extra duties and taxes they pick up along the way.

i would not think that much extra in taxes jacking the price up that much just to get something small light like a board would be that extreme?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2021 15:23 #218416 by tommylight
I got used to it by now, i just double the actual price and move on.
It is much better when ordering more than one, but this is a test to go through Switzerland as it seems there are no customs up to 300 CFR. If it is true, it is very nice but still will have to juggle a bit as 2 of Mesa 7i96 with DHL would exceed that value.

More
22 Aug 2021 20:01 #218432 by my1987toyota
I hope it pans out for you tommylight . The amount of B.S. that people have to go through on some things is staggering.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
22 Aug 2021 21:29 #218441 by tommylight
Thank you for the kind words and the support, i am sure i will survive all the crap life has to throw at me, it did throw 2 wars and 6 operations by now and i am still standing... and kicking, a lot ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: shpatb

More
22 Aug 2021 22:57 #218447 by PCW
Can you order directly from the US? Shipping should no be too bad for multiple parts

More
23 Aug 2021 11:58 #218499 by rodw
I don't think its the shipping so much but the fees and taxes Tommy faces.

More
23 Aug 2021 23:14 #218561 by tommylight
@PCW
Yes i can, most of it does get here but sometimes they just go back.
@Rod
Fees and taxes are OK here, they come to 30% in total so i absolutely do not mind paying that.
-
A short recap of issues:
-normal post = stuff gets here to my door most of the time (90%) if and only if the total price of goods is under 25 Euro and total weight is under 0.5KG. Anything above that goes through Post Office Customs taking about 2 to 4 hours of utterly needles paperwork and proof of payment and checks ????? with the added 3 to 4 hours of driving there and back, with all the bull $hit added comes to total of 50-60%. Even this i do not mind (well i do but..) as it gets done inside of a day.
-DHL or any other like TNT or FedEx (only DHL left now), goes through airport customs and gets stopped there ALWAYS, takes at least 5 days and 3 to 4 times of driving back and forth 170KM round trip, all this ONLY if i get to find a friend that works there, otherwise 10 days is a sort of minimum. Several reasons for this, like cargo storage 15 Euro/day, finding the highest price on the net to use as a base for import duties, claiming "suspicious" invoice so they have to be verified, etc etc. Yes bull $hit, but very real, and the main reason is even more unbelievable = customs is the ONLY source of income for this country.
This never gets to be under 80%, very often over 100%.
I will not comply to this ever again, i DO NOT mind the use of the highest price as a base, i DO mind the cargo fee especially since i get the receipt stating it was picked up the day it arrived!!!, i DO mind my friend risking her job pushing my stuff through, i DO mind paying 70 Euro for DHL and having to waste another 150 and several days to get stuff that was supposed to get delivered to my door in 2 to 3 days.
-
-
-
Sorry to bother you all with this and thank you all for trying to help.
Most probably all this complaining comes through as miserable and sad and ..... IT IS NOT, i am angry or very angry, but i am NEVER EVER depressed or down.
-
Again, thank you all for everything.

More
24 Aug 2021 01:52 #218571 by PCW
That really sucks, Wish I could drop by with a suitcase full of "samples"
(and not get arrested)

More
24 Aug 2021 02:27 #218573 by rodw

(and not get arrested)

I'm sure the goat with a bag of electronics would not look suspicious at all!

Yes, we are very lucky here anything < AUD $1000 sails straight through and over that its 10% GST plus $100  on government fees plus about $20  to DHL et al to attend at customs. If I use Fedex, they charge the customs to my account so there are no delays.

More
24 Aug 2021 07:47 #218593 by tommylight

(and not get arrested)

You can, and you will not get arrested, not even with a suitcase full of guns, they will just try to rip some money off and let you go on your marry way !

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds