Manncorp ECM93 Pick and Place

More
10 Sep 2020 08:15 #181579 by tommylight
Very nice, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2020 01:06 #182490 by my1987toyota
Here is the next video. I have the homing board built and installed. One step closer :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
05 Oct 2020 21:48 #185010 by my1987toyota
Well it looks like it will be a little bit before I can continue on this project ( work requires me to focus on other things right now )
however I am getting ready for a different project for myself. A Grizzly G0602 and CNC conversion :) stay tuned

oh and yes it will use Linuxcnc.

More
09 Nov 2020 13:58 - 09 Nov 2020 13:59 #188747 by my1987toyota
well this weekend I was finally able to mess with the PnP computer.
I installed Debian Buster with the RT-Preempt and 2 more Gigs of ram ( 4 Gigs total )
it still wouldn't have been a great candidate for software stepping but is
perfectly fine with Mesa cards . at least now when I plug in a USB camera
and run VLC it actually works. One step closer. :P
Last edit: 09 Nov 2020 13:59 by my1987toyota.

More
15 Apr 2021 14:24 #206013 by andypugh

Plasmac is an example of one massive component that does many unrelated things at once. With the number of issues I am seeing reported recently, perhaps it is now so complex its hard to maintain. There is a lesson in that. But it is a very magical system!

I agree.

Plasmac / Plasma is possibly an argument for additional "tasks" in LinuxCNC.
Currently everything runs "milltask". I don't know what files make up "milltask". It might be all of them.

There is also the option of pluggable interpreters. G-code is almost certainly the right language for Plasma, as G-code is extensively used with those already. But I can see an argument for a dedicated PnP interpreter to operate directly on .pos / cpl / centroid files.

(Such an interpreter could (probably) automatically add the required pick, place, feed moves to the queue, including the toggling of the pneumatics. It is possible that picking parts and checking the vacuum (part presence) is enough like a tool-change tool-changed handshake that the existing code and pins there can be used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
01 May 2021 14:06 #207549 by my1987toyota
I'm just hoping to get back to the project this year. So many things have been put on my plate so to speak that I have had
to put this project on the back burner for now. Of course the word of the year now seems to be Shortage on one thing
or another ( silicone chips, wood, plastic, metal, ect ). And I am pretty sure it's being used as a tool to jack prices
up on EVERYTHING.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
01 May 2021 16:10 #207557 by tommylight
Yeah when i started the new shop i was paying 0.7 euro per KG of steel, now it got to 1.6 ! :(
It is literally hampering everything.

More
25 Jun 2021 20:43 #212922 by my1987toyota
well I finally got some time to mess with the PnP. Mostly to setup an MPG. I don't know why but a CNC machine weather it's a PnP or a Mill doesn't feel like a CNC without an MPG. Unfortunately I don't have the feeders working yet. I am still debating weather it would be better to send commands over usb to an Arduino to cycle the feeders or use all the outputs of the 6i25 and 7i76 cards ?

More
25 Jun 2021 20:55 #212923 by tommylight
No arduino where LinuxCNC reigns ! :)

More
25 Jun 2021 20:57 #212924 by my1987toyota
Purist. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds