Manncorp ECM93 Pick and Place

More
21 Mar 2022 22:51 - 21 Mar 2022 22:56 #237971 by my1987toyota
Just a brief update .
 I have been carving out bits and pieces of time to keep working on the PnP. the main take away is when you change alot of stuff
expect alot of problems to creep in. I switched over to a 7i76e from the original 6i25 / 7i76 setup, then switched computers
the old Lenovo is no longer being used . Now I am using a Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF . Apparently the original homing board I
had built wasn't working properly anymore. Had to make a new one. The temporary wiring on the Z and C axis now has
their permanent connectors, and after chasing down some various file name discrepancies I am up to wiring the MPG back up.
after that is done I have to do some last check and calibrations . Then the fun begins. integrating dm17ry's camera control coding
of which I don't know much about, Yet. LOL. and if all goes well I will be running an actual job on it . Stay tuned. 
Last edit: 21 Mar 2022 22:56 by my1987toyota. Reason: correcting info
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2023 01:41 #263411 by my1987toyota
  WOW has this project drug on and on. That said I finally ran a PCB today . The result was definitely a first effort I.E.
terrible. Some parts didn't place at all . I didn't even take a picture it was that embarrassing. However tomorrow is a new 
day and I will take some video of it operating regardless of the results. This will definitely continue to be a project.

Looks like I have a few items to get addressed soon,  Like the machine changing nozzles when placing different size
parts. for now I will have to bake those commands solely in the G-code instead of an M6 T# . I have got to
get that worked out . The routine will be similar to a rack style tool changer except I have to add a C axis rotation
command to install the nozzle.

Next on the short list is changing out using compressed air to run the vacuum for the placing nozzle. I will be using
a diaphragm style vacuum pump and solenoids to handle that instead .

In the not so distant future I will need to get the vibratory chip feeder operation as well because most of the chips
we use come in a small tube instead of a tape.
And then, and then, and then, LOL.

More
02 Feb 2023 00:46 #263480 by my1987toyota
 A short video of the machines first board run. I still have a ways to go. I had turned the feed rate down to
make sure I wasn't having parts move around on me . After this video I have made subsequent runs at
a much faster rate.

More
02 Feb 2023 01:13 #263481 by tommylight
Just watched it, nice.
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
02 Feb 2023 01:15 #263482 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Manncorp ECM93 Pick and Place
Yes, now I know why we've not seen you down the pub much! Massive project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
04 Feb 2023 02:20 #263645 by my1987toyota
Here is the next update . The machine is working better then it was in update 9.

The following user(s) said Thank You: billykid, tommylight, Clive S

More
15 Feb 2023 23:15 #264586 by my1987toyota
No more collapsible table for this Pick and Place. I spent today building a roll around stand . No video
just a few pictures .

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

More
16 Apr 2023 18:30 #269226 by my1987toyota
here is how the PnP sits today.

Yes I will be doing a video soon.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds