Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
16 Jan 2020 00:34 #154985 by andypugh

but it had the DIN 2080 pull stud and not replaceable.

Are you sure? That would be unusual.

But, even then, what is to stop you cutting it off and tapping for a normal pull-stud?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2020 07:27 - 16 Jan 2020 07:30 #154997 by RotarySMP

but it had the DIN 2080 pull stud and not replaceable.

Are you sure? That would be unusual.

But, even then, what is to stop you cutting it off and tapping for a normal pull-stud?

Not positive, I queried the seller, bu he never confirmed whether it was fixed or threaded. According to the broshure it was probably removable. Actually he never responded. Oh well, missed oppertunity.

EDIT--> Taking a second look at the broshure, I see that the MAHO 4:1 speeder does not let you run full speed (4000PRM:16K). Only going to 8000 RPM doesn't seem worth the effort. Sooner of later I'll probably get a chinese HF spindle and VFD.
Mark
Last edit: 16 Jan 2020 07:30 by RotarySMP.

More
16 Jan 2020 07:41 #154998 by RotarySMP

All real, used in the workshop .
J.N.

I have more brochures, larger than 1.6mb, where should I upload?

Oh that would be cool.
Could you upload them to a dropbox?
Mark

More
16 Jan 2020 14:47 #155025 by RotarySMP
If anyone is looking to do some horizontal milling on their MAHO 400, there is an overarm on Ebay.kleinanzeige (german craiglist). It looks as unused as mine!

www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/gege...-/1238067708-84-5784

More
16 Jan 2020 16:39 #155027 by JANNOVV
I don't have a dropbox .

J.N.

fastshare.cz/12903070/maho.tar.gz
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: drimaropoylos, J Green

More
17 Jan 2020 09:44 #155052 by hanmon
Hi,

does anyone know the standard ball diameter of the ballscrew in X ?
In case the previous owner already did some flub,
I can tell by the diameter.
Last time I ordered some hardened steel balls here:
www.kugel-winnie.de

@JANNOVV: thx

More
17 Jan 2020 09:49 #155053 by Glemigobles
Some great pieces of kit there, thanks for posting Jannovv!

It reminds me of just how little stuff I have for my machine, though it's hard to justify the cost of getting accessories without having a concrete plan of action for them.

I still have a 1:6 spindle speeder that needs a toolholder...

On another note, if any of you guys thought about doing a control panel that's not touch-based, here's some inspiration for making your own keyboards with CNC equipment:

The cost of that little thing is ridiculous, but for the hobby machinist, or just someone who wants to have a dashing panel on their CNC mill or lathe, it would be a great project to make the keycaps and a case in the shop. I was surprised they even explained the workholding, you could make those caps on a Maho easily.

Of course, you could just as easily use the workholding method to make keys in different shapes and sizes, which might be more practical for a control panel.

More
17 Jan 2020 19:18 - 17 Jan 2020 19:20 #155072 by J Green
Hanmon --

For a possible information source try Singer - W-3.singer-werkzeugmaschinen.de
While they specialize in Deckel , I think they also provide MAHO parts an service.
Have read that a trip to Singer is very worthwhile in just the information overload offered during discussions. Way more than E-mail or phone.
I looked for who supplied the ball screws for 600E but did not see anything in the parts list.
Am very interested in what you find and if you contact Singer am interested in how that went.
Also the usual ---- overwhelm us with Photos :)
Bob
Last edit: 17 Jan 2020 19:20 by J Green.

More
19 Jan 2020 14:41 #155151 by hanmon
Hi,

FYI:
I posted some new pics yesterday:
www.cncecke.de/forum/showthread.php?1026...%FCr-Maho-400E/page2

I will replace the 3.500 mm balls with either the 3.506mm or 3.510mm I ordered.
As the machine seems to be mechanically still perfect, despite the cracked ball,
I suspect an electrical Problem that has caused the 0.3mm play in X.
I will clean the glass-scale next.

Cheers

More
20 Jan 2020 09:46 #155238 by akb1212
Thanks for posting links to pictures Hanmon.

But please consider that cncecke don't allow unregistered users to watch anything. And if you don't understand German it's kind of difficult to register..... I which that cncecke would act like most other machinist forums allowing guests to watch the content, but are not allowed to post.

To remind you of the implications of this; I have ATC on my mill. And this have been holding me back for years. I finally found a similar machine where someone had made it work, although it was a guy in the Check Republic. And after a lot of searching I also found a thread in a check forum WITH POSTED CONFIG! Yay! And a video on Youtube showing it (it was actually this I found first).

That was the turning point for me, and was fundamental to me deciding to keep working on my mill again! Now I know it’s possible, and I have seen the tools that will help me do it.
And this was all thanks to this forum being open for guests! If I would have to register to be allowed to watch his posts it would have been impossible.

It's not possible to register on a site like cncecke with google translate!
Even now that I have registered on cncecke (which was very difficult!) it's impossible to use google translate on it! When I try to translate it (the page I can load after logging inn!) I just get a message saying it's not accessible.... So this page have to be copy and pasted and translated offline or something if I’m to read it!
It's possible cncecke have had problems of some sort that made them come to the conclusion they need to protect themselves. But as it is now that forum is discriminating against non-German speaking users.

So I hope you can please be considerate of most of us in here that don't read German well and post pictures here or somewhere that don't actively demand you are able to read and communicate in German.

Sorry to be so harsh, but as previously stated I find it important for forums like this to be tolerant and inclusive. Details found in these forums are of high importance and highly helpful. And I'm really disappointed by this. Actively preventing users to use google translate is the same as actively discriminating against non-German speaking people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanmon

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.631 seconds