Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
21 Jan 2020 14:04 #155320 by RotarySMP

Hi there,

counted my balls today ;-)
240, exactly.
Cheers

Deviant. The average human has one ball :)
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2020 14:17 #155322 by RotarySMP

I'm planning to share all I have here, so everyone can see. I have been helped so much by what others have posted here I feel much better sharing things here. And it makes it much more worth the effort of documenting something knowing it might help others as well.

I'm not sure yet on how to do it. But I think I might start a separate thread about it. After all that will be easier to find later on, given this thread is as big as it is now.

Anders

Good choice. I kind of use this thread as a blog now, so anything posted to it is likely to get buried pretty fast. Make sure you post lots of photos. Everyone likes photos.
Mark

More
21 Jan 2020 15:47 #155330 by Azzrael
Hi All,
I am almost done with mechanical touch up of MH800E. Since I couldn't found any other topic of Maho, hope you guys could help me with my question. How does rotating of rotational table works . It's handle is spinning free, table is locked (by 3 hydraulic cylinders below), and nothing happen. Before I disassemble it to see what is inside, maybe some advise could pop up. Thanks in advance and best regards!

Dejan
Attachments:

More
21 Jan 2020 17:26 #155337 by J Green
Dejan
The rotary table I have will not rotate unless hydraulic pressure is applied to the brakes effecting their unclamping - release . Your "handle is spinning free " suggests the worn is disengaged or the handle to shaft key is missing or broken.
If you attempt to remove the table top -- be very sure to gently disengage the small shaft an coupling connecting the extremely expensive Heidenhain ROD 271 encoder. Did you read - extremely expensive ?

Where are you located ?

More
21 Jan 2020 17:57 #155339 by db1981
Hello,

For the table you have to lose the hydraulic brake.
With the Black Screw on the left of your First picture you can loose the Green pipe (with the handwheel attachaed on the end) .
This pipe You can rotate by hand (excentric) this is for adjustment of the Play beetween worm and gear .

I can post the manual Pages for the table next Week .

More
21 Jan 2020 20:02 #155352 by tommylight

counted my balls today ;-)
240, exactly.

LOL

More
22 Jan 2020 11:57 #155422 by drimaropoylos
Attachments:

More
22 Jan 2020 17:21 #155437 by Azzrael
Thanks a lot Green,
I have checked it today, db was right, the shaft housing is excentric in order to provide backlash adjustment. I manage to rotate it and lock worm against gear (it was totally released so it rotated freely). Off course, table is locked, I will try to apply hydraulic pressure in order to release it and try to rotate. I am not sure about encoder destiny, as this MH was rescued from the flood, it was in the water approx 500 mm deep. Anyhow, it is worth a try. Thank you guys very much, you helped a lot. As this is my first Linux retrofit, probably I will have more question, but promise I will try to find most of answers by searching here before asking. Since I am new on this forum and asking for favor in first post, I feel a bit shamed, but hope I could return soon.
I am in Belgrade, Serbia
Thanks a lot once again,
Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: L.Svedberg

More
22 Jan 2020 17:27 #155438 by Azzrael

Hello,

For the table you have to lose the hydraulic brake.
With the Black Screw on the left of your First picture you can loose the Green pipe (with the handwheel attachaed on the end) .
This pipe You can rotate by hand (excentric) this is for adjustment of the Play beetween worm and gear .

I can post the manual Pages for the table next Week .

Thanks a lot db,
I have tried anything but rotating housing. I rotated handle as monkey, watching nothing happened :) So I decided to ask before start disassembling it. However, if you have some docs and you are ready to share it, I would like to have it.
Regards!

More
22 Jan 2020 18:48 #155446 by J Green
Azzrael
Only 500mm deep --- you may be lucky. The ROD is close to top of rotary table, Center of table - recessed hole having push on cap -- taper point screw forcing a ball into / clamping the vertical steel shaft attached to a bellows type connector that connects to the ROD.
You might consider coming up with a hand type hydraulic pump and pipe fittings for working on the machine . Something about 1/2 to 1 Liter volume.--- cobbel up a truck brake cylinder
Hope db1981 includes the parts list with the rotary table information.
Remember --- Photos earn points here:cheer:

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds