ColorCNC Colorlight 5A-75E/5A-75B as FPGA controller board

More
05 Dec 2022 04:07 #258557 by romanetz
Here is my test config for Litex-CNC 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2022 14:32 #258600 by muvideo

Hello, another inch forward for my implementation

Fabio, I tried your configuration. In purpose of reducing time for testing, I flashed pre-built firmware from Lcnc/prebuilt_firmwares/75e_v6_v8_30o29i9s9e8p/. The board responds to ping at desired ip 192.168.2.50
In order to run machine configuration with my r-i-p installation of Lcnc, I've built the driver without any issues. Then, an error in configuration has been found: loadrt Lcnc ipaddr="192.168.2.50" udpport (not ipport as mentioned in documentation)="1234". Well, after making some changes to match .ngc files location, i got a final error. When I jog the axis towards (say, X+ or Y+) results in decreasing of proper coordinate, therefore I get a joint following error. Looks like somewhere commanded speed is been inverted.
Upd. the reason was that acceleration limit was not set in the configuration. After adding of these llines "setp Lcnc.00.stepgen.02.acc_lim     [JOINT_0]STEPGEN_MAXACCEL" for all of corresponding axes, the configuration has run successfully.

Hi, I'm very happy you were successful in testing my last commit, thanks for spotting the errors, I hope they are fixed
here Fix_Commit now. Let me know of any strange behavior.

More
05 Dec 2022 14:42 #258601 by muvideo

My v7.1 board is not enabled

Hi wuyatom, on what version of Lcnc are you working? I've made several changes lately that have changed some
basic setup.
In your screen I'm unable to read the rightmost part of the pin names, so it's not easy to understand.
The boards seem enabled: Lcnc.00.enabled is true, so the communication is alive and the watchdog is healthy.
I suspect that a change I've made recently could be problematic: the timing for stepgen now is expressed in ns,
so you'll need at least 25 ns to have any signal out.
The default value for the driver was still wrongly expressed in us (values of 0.1), so if you don't define your own
timings with values higher than 25ns the stepgens could remain silent.
This behavior happens only if you have left the timings to the driver's default. The problem is fixed in latest commit.
the pins to check are Lcnc.00.stepgen-step_width Lcnc.00.stepgen-step_space Lcnc.00.stepgen-dir_width and finally
Lcnc.00.stepgen-setup_time, to be sure put them all at 1000.
Let me know.
Fabio

More
06 Dec 2022 04:44 #258662 by wuyatom
"ext_reset_in", 0, Pins("j4:0"),ensure that the RESET pin on the board is grounded,The grounding of my J4-1PIN is useless, and the measured voltage output is 0,The emergency stop button on the CNC interface pops up, and my 5A-75E J12-3PIN has a 5V voltage output

More
06 Dec 2022 04:52 #258665 by wuyatom

Now the latest version of LCNC is used, and I have modified the parts you asked me to modify
Attachments:

More
06 Dec 2022 13:19 #258695 by muvideo

"ext_reset_in", 0, Pins("j4:0"),ensure that the RESET pin on the board is grounded,The grounding of my J4-1PIN is useless, and the measured voltage output is 0,The emergency stop button on the CNC interface pops up, and my 5A-75E J12-3PIN has a 5V voltage output

RESET is an input, so unfortunately if you dont make modifications to the board, the pins will be output only, and you will be unable to drive RESET from outside.
This should not prevent the board from enabling, since the connection of the fpga pin J4:0 to the ic driver should keep the pin to zero.
If you have already modded the board to access to fpga pins as inputs, and you are able to rebuild the configuration, you can move the reset pin where you have the inputs modifying the "J4:0" to on of the inputs you have. Keep in mind that in litex the first pin is zero.
About J12-3, if you are using the default configuration with my hal example, this should be the stepper driver output enable, so good news.
Is Lcnc.00.stepgen.0x.reset false?
I didnt get your last message, are you still having problems with the board?

More
06 Dec 2022 14:15 - 06 Dec 2022 14:19 #258700 by wuyatom
Lcnc.00.stepgen.0x.reset,show false。。Ask how to modify the circuit board, what needs to be modified?
Last edit: 06 Dec 2022 14:19 by wuyatom.

More
06 Dec 2022 14:37 #258703 by muvideo
Ok, so the board is enabled, the stepgens are enabled, the system should work. Is it working?
If not please describe the behavior you are seeing.
About the board modifications, the easiest way is to remove the drivers and connect bridges to the pins in order to route fpga pins directly to the headers.
But you are exposing the fpga to some risks, the voltages are 3.3V and there
is nothing saving your fpga from the slightly mistake.
I've breadboarded my interfaces with optocouplers for inputs.
As to what driver to remove, that depends on the board revision, there are some info earlier in this thread.

More
06 Dec 2022 14:42 #258704 by wuyatom
Did you post it in the previous post, I saw it in the previous post

More
06 Dec 2022 14:47 - 06 Dec 2022 14:56 #258705 by wuyatom
Did you post it in the previous post, I saw it in the previous post,I tested it with a servo motor connected to J9-1 and J9-2 last night. I tried both the speed mode and the position mode of the servo. The motor does not turn, and then I use the stepper motor to go to the pulse mode, but it doesn’t work. J9-1 and J9-2 run the code to measure the voltage change。Use your default configuration in the hal example,There is another question I would like to ask you. I use the USB BLASTER to flash the firmware. The command is openFPGALoader -c usb-blaster -m, but I have to flash the firmware again after power off. Can it be permanent?
Last edit: 06 Dec 2022 14:56 by wuyatom.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds