1982 Matsuura MC-500v Retrofit

More
21 Jun 2020 21:46 #172279 by akb1212

The mill is finally finished and ready for use. I am sure I will be tweaking stuff here and there for a bit more. I will post my config files in the next couple days. Thank you everybody who has helped answer some of the questions I have had and for putting up with me. B)

Ok, I think the "next couple days" is a loose term i guess.....B) Any update on posting the config files?

I think I will start a "post the config files you promised" task force here. It’s clearly needed as you are absolutely not the only one who complete their machines and promise to share their config, but don't follow through. I know it's easy to move on and continue the journey. But it's a loss to the community when examples like this isn't posted for all to see and learn from.

And.... in many cases, like this with CL and other complications, the whole config dir is needed. It's important to have all the relevant files to get the whole picture and understand it. And I guess that is the point here, to look at working configs to learn how to cook up your own?
Complete configs of machines with working ATC's are not common around here. I still haven't found a single one with CL. And I have been looking long and hard.

Anders
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheFabricatorAG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2020 22:46 #172283 by chopper79
Yeah... got busy making parts, money, and taking care of family. I am sure you understand unless you are one of those super rare people who never forget anything ;)

I am happy to post them though so they are available and also thanks for the reminder.

**** Attached files are to be used at own risk. The attached files work on the machine I retrofit, but may be different then what you are doing. ****
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: akb1212, kt600v, johnmc1, gabionose, Druid_ON

More
21 Jun 2020 22:55 #172285 by tommylight

Complete configs of machines with working ATC's are not common around here. I still haven't found a single one with CL. And I have been looking long and hard.
Anders

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ClassicLadderExamples
www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk00342dn...xMB24Q4dUDCAY&uact=5
The following user(s) said Thank You: chopper79

More
23 Jun 2020 11:15 #172463 by akb1212

Yeah... got busy making parts, money, and taking care of family. I am sure you understand unless you are one of those super rare people who never forget anything ;)

I am happy to post them though so they are available and also thanks for the reminder.

**** Attached files are to be used at own risk. The attached files work on the machine I retrofit, but may be different then what you are doing. ****

Just like everybody yes.... Of course I understand, and I can say I'm guilty of doing exactly the same thing myself :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But I know most people will respond well to a friendly reminder like this, and then we all get to see another working config that we can use to compare to our own configs. And maybe then also get exactly that minor thing we were struggling with nailed by having a verified and working example.

I hope to get around to make a list with links to the different working configs lying around this forum. I know I wouldn't be able to get the full grasp of this without these examples. For me the (overly!) simplified examples in the documentation isn't enough. As a start yes, but when you start trying to piece it all together it's so much more helpful to have complete setups to study and learn from. In particular ones like yours which are complete and tested on real life machines, not only a minimal (theoretical and very trivial) example where all other parts aren't shown.

So thanks for sharing!

Anders

More
11 Nov 2021 03:16 #226058 by cncvandy50
I have a friend who has a 1983 MC-500V that has a bad board ! Would you have any boards for sale

More
28 Jan 2023 14:21 #263086 by Takumivs
Hi Chopper do yu still have the Board with all the IC chip? what is your price for all the chips to be sent to cape town
south africa

More
16 Jul 2023 23:23 #275601 by camb0
Chopper or Tommy (or others) thx for the great thread it's been super helpful and confirmed that should purchase a mill I was looking at to do a retrofit on.
My machine has the same name but looks slightly different.

I've tried to modernise and simplify where I could and within $$ constraints, I updated the axis motors (to AC) and drivers and I'm controlling it via mesa cards. The motion is all up and working, I need to get the accessories going (SSR just arrived for that), then tackle the tool changer. But I'm looking for some advice on updating the spindle VFD.

I was wondering if either of you have changed out the Yaskawa spindle driver, or spoken to anyone that has or have any advice?

forum.linuxcnc.org/30-cnc-machines/49543...0-s-yaskawa-uaase-5k
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Jul 2023 23:36 #275602 by tommylight
Not yet, a few days back went to fix that machine again, they lost some stuff etc, so i did order a new cheap chinese one, 15KW for 400 Euro, so i considered it a calculated risk.
Have not heard anything from the owner of that machine as i ordered everything through him, he is in Austria.
The original still works, with the same issue of failing sometimes with F600.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camb0

More
16 Jul 2023 23:42 #275603 by camb0
Thx for the quick response, yeah a calculated risk is kinda what I was thinking...
Keep me posted on how it goes. I'll let you know if I find out anything else in the meantime. Oh did they want a spare servopack for it ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
07 Nov 2023 02:10 #284744 by Druid_ON
Hitachi WJ200 is what I went with. Some set up issues because there are so many settings/variables.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds