epoxy granite cnc lathe

More
23 Oct 2022 00:24 #254811 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe

this looks great! and it's great say for the headstock in my case, because I didn't make it the best, but I'll see in practice.. (unfortunately, I can't open this second link).

The second link should have been goo.gl/photos/2dwiVYxDTyD9ibti6

Do you draw a 3d model in Cad (positive or negative) and they do it, or do you draw a mold for them? Is it in UK or ? Tom and I are far from you, although I think there is a foundry near me, so I could ask..

Typically I design the part, then make a copy 2% bigger to allow for shrinkage, then add on the casting draft (and any core prints) That becomes the main pattern. Then core boxes and "odd sides" and other similar things are made by subtracting the main pattern from solids.

It's a fun exercise, designing patterns, but the simplest pattern is just a slightly over-sized and plus-matarial version of the part you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2022 01:57 #254816 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe

only for some reason the sliders cover the spindle dro, maybe I should try a different monitor resolution?
Tomo, when I return the ini to display -axis..it starts the normal axis configuration, regardless of the fact that the files are overwritten, so that's great too.

Set the font to something smaller, it should fit ok.
Nice, i am glad it does work with both Axis! :)

More
23 Oct 2022 09:41 #254836 by Masiwood123
Replied by Masiwood123 on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
I looked at the pictures, it's amazing the dedication to work without exception to make everything right, I especially like the part with the wood, because I'm a carpenter, I've rarely seen someone work wood on a metal milling machine, that part is very interesting to me. as far as drawing is concerned, I could draw what I imagine in Solidworks (I use it the most), the problem is that there are no foundry in our area who would put it into practice... also, since I primarily work with wood, I always needed a smaller milling machine to make some metal parts for machines, I think I will bid on this one www.surplex.com/en/m/elcons-numerical-co...-machine-682228.html , seems easy to retrofit and takes up little space. Otherwise, I have a metal lathe, but my old father won't allow me to convert it into cnc, because he wouldn't know how to use it:)

More
23 Oct 2022 10:11 #254839 by Masiwood123
Andy, maybe interesting for you www.surplex.com/en/m/xyz-410-cnc-lathe-738546.html

More
27 Oct 2022 17:31 - 27 Oct 2022 17:32 #255207 by Masiwood123
I played a little today manually with mpg, with the Chinese carrier the results are good. i'm waiting for multifix, to finish the Y axis and i'm almost done.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2022 17:32 by Masiwood123.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arvidb, tommylight

More
27 Oct 2022 17:53 #255214 by tommylight
What, no video?
I am disapointed! :)
Cuts look clean, so no vibration as far as i can see on the pictures, nice.

More
27 Oct 2022 18:04 #255217 by Masiwood123
xD ..video for another day when i play the auto mod;) ,
I will quickly draw a chess figure and document it, since everything is around the knife holder
all a bit weak'' even the holder accepts only 12x12 mm, i am satisfied with the processing ,and that by hand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
30 Oct 2022 23:18 - 31 Oct 2022 00:04 #255513 by Masiwood123
out of the title, Tomo, wanted this for some small five axis(for xy) for small figures, for now it stands, does the stone engraving machine you are making have a classic z axis? is that the construction is not so strong, but the quality is top (less wind turns the ballscrew:)

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Oct 2022 00:04 by Masiwood123.

More
31 Oct 2022 00:09 #255526 by tommylight

out of the title, Tomo,

What did i do now? :)

does the stone engraving machine you are making have a z axis? is that the construction is not so strong, but the quality is top (less wind turns the ballscrew:)

Yes, the bigger ones have a Z axis, small ones do not, they use a small 3 phase servo motor to put pressure of about 1KG to 2KG on the spinning bit.
Big ones do about 2KG to 4KG.

More
31 Oct 2022 08:43 #255552 by Masiwood123
if you manage to find some transport, it's yours.. i have always been interested in how these machines work, but i have no need to make them
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds