epoxy granite cnc lathe

More
22 Oct 2022 16:06 #254764 by Masiwood123
Replied by Masiwood123 on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
I'm trying to load axis2 by zack..it says to copy  content to user/share/images...or axis folder.. but I think I can't because I don't have permission on the folder.

forum.linuxcnc.org/21-axis/40659-axis-2-...iend?start=30#252748

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2022 16:14 #254765 by arvidb
Replied by arvidb on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
That's a bit... hacky, but for testing I guess it works! :)

Use sudo then to temporarily give yourself the necessary permissions. Either cp/mv the files directly using the terminal, or start a file manager using sudo (I think the command would be 'sudo nautilus' in Ubuntu) if you want the GUI experience. :)

More
22 Oct 2022 16:19 #254766 by Masiwood123
Thanks Arvid! It is not necessary for me, but as I installed the touchscreen it seemed interesting to me to try how it works. I will try:)

More
22 Oct 2022 17:21 #254777 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
If you copy those files there, it will ask to overwrite the existing ones, so the normal Axis GUI will not work anymore, you will be stuck with the version2.
Not very sure about that, but i think that is what happens last time i tried it a few days/weeks back, if i was checking that version.
Still, open a terminal as Arvi said, sudo nautilus or sudo caja or sudo thunar or... depends on what version you are using, so open a file manager and on the help menu choose about, it will show the exact name.
That will open the file manager as superuser so be careful what you do with it, and close it as soon as you finish testing or copying to avoid making a mess! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
22 Oct 2022 17:29 #254780 by Masiwood123
bolje da se ne igram onda, i onako sam jedva sve namestio da radi, trebalo bi m nedeju dana za opet ,ako se nesto pokvari:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
22 Oct 2022 17:31 #254782 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
Ma jebi ga, poakvari, sredi, tako se uce komplikovane stvari! :)

More
22 Oct 2022 17:34 #254783 by Masiwood123
a i to sto kazes xD..mozda bi resilo ako iskopiram postojece axis foldere negde..pa za slucaj da ovo nije ok da mogu obrnutim smerom da vratim na staro?

More
22 Oct 2022 19:07 #254789 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
FWIW I know a foundry who charges £10/kg for one-off castings. He cast these lathe parts for me.
photos.app.goo.gl/x4sVA4ZrB96tkCpb8

If you want to see the patterns and finished job: goo.gl/photos//2dwiVYxDTyD9ibti6

(No guarantees on the URL, on train WiFi that doesn't allow photos so URLs hand-typed from my phone)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
22 Oct 2022 19:29 #254792 by Masiwood123
this looks great! and it's great say for the headstock in my case, because I didn't make it the best, but I'll see in practice.. (unfortunately, I can't open this second link). Do you draw a 3d model in Cad (positive or negative) and they do it, or do you draw a mold for them? Is it in UK or ? Tom and I are far from you, although I think there is a foundry near me, so I could ask..

More
22 Oct 2022 20:16 - 22 Oct 2022 20:16 #254797 by Masiwood123
this works and I like it :) only for some reason the sliders cover the spindle dro, maybe I should try a different monitor resolution?

Tomo, when I return the ini to display -axis..it starts the normal axis configuration, regardless of the fact that the files are overwritten, so that's great too.

Last edit: 22 Oct 2022 20:16 by Masiwood123.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 1.286 seconds