epoxy granite cnc lathe

More
04 Nov 2022 21:23 - 04 Nov 2022 21:24 #255965 by Masiwood123
Replied by Masiwood123 on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
looking at the picture.. here i have two switches for both directions of the axis, is it a suggestion to remove one and use only one as a home switch, or the other possibly as a limit? this is a bit strange to me, i think i need both positive and negative limit range to use tool holders on both sides of the center of rotation axis? 
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Nov 2022 21:24 by Masiwood123.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2022 23:30 #255978 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
Leave both as limit switches and use one of them as home, LinuxCNC wizards take care of hal for that easily.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
05 Nov 2022 01:36 #255981 by arvidb
Replied by arvidb on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
Masiwood123, can I ask where did you source that round bellows for your ballscrew? Are you happy with it?

More
05 Nov 2022 01:47 #255982 by Masiwood123
I haven't tried it yet, but I think they're great for woodworking, I'm not sure about metal, but I'll try it and let you know my impressions. here in Serbia, a guy makes to order according to measurements ..it's not too expensive for me, about 40 usd/1 meter in stretched condition. if you are relatively close (eu) and interested, maybe I can send you a private , but the postage is definitely expensive, maybe also 40-50 usd to EU zone by classic post.

More
05 Nov 2022 02:39 - 05 Nov 2022 02:42 #255985 by arvidb
Okay, I'm in the EU (Sweden) but, yeah, that postage is maybe a bit much. I'll have it in mind though, and I am interested in your impressions. Thanks for the offer!

(BTW, I've been to Belgrade once on a conference trip, many years ago. That was fun! Went via the Nikola Tesla airport - the first thing we saw in the terminal after disembarking the plane was a guy standing smoking under a no smoking sign, lol. And they played Abba on the speaker system which was a bit weird coming from Sweden. :) We also visited the Nikola Tesla museum. Lots of homemade Slivovitz too, hehe :D)
Last edit: 05 Nov 2022 02:42 by arvidb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Masiwood123

More
05 Nov 2022 09:33 #255995 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe

Masiwood123, can I ask where did you source that round bellows for your ballscrew? Are you happy with it?

I got some spiral spring covers. This UK supplier also does bellows: www.dqr.co.uk/ballscrew_covers.html
Though I think that they are simply importers of a German source. 

The springs (and bellows) exist on Alibaba too. 
www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Telescopi...ver_62266378112.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: arvidb, Masiwood123

More
05 Nov 2022 10:32 #256000 by Masiwood123
Sweden is 50 years ahead of us, here with different laws, anarchy in every sense, for visitors it's always a good time in that sense, it's a fun day, two:D... I work for a foreign company from Denmark, but I've never been north, I'm always cold, I'm freezing:)) Abba was listened to regularly here in the 80s, we smoke and drink everywhere and in every place... and to drive and appreciate the Volvo, my long-time favorite V40

www.posta.rs/eng/alati/KalkulatorCena.aspx?vrPos=emsIno
shipping price for 1kg  is 25e
The following user(s) said Thank You: arvidb

More
07 Nov 2022 15:32 #256143 by arvidb
Thanks for looking up the shipping! I'll have to hold off buying the bellows a bit though, I need to figure out how to mount the ballscrew first and do some measurements so I know what lengths/sizes I'll need. I'm also unsure of how easy it would be to get a private package through the rather zealous Swedish customs... But even if I end up getting the bellows from somewhere else, it would be interesting to hear your impressions later when you've had time to use it a bit. Things like: does it glide nicely on the screw or does it get caught up on the threads? How is it mounted at the ends?

(If you visit up here in the north, try to make it (late) April to August; the summers are pretty nice! Winter is cold and DARK, like pitch black at 15 o'clock in the afternoon! My favourite month is May I think.)

@andypugh: Do you know what that German source is? It would be great to have an EU seller (preferably with a web page so you could look up spec sheets/sizes/prices). I've only imported one thing from the UK since brexit and I think I paid €60 for shipping! (For a small and not very heavy package.) So not too keen on that.

More
07 Nov 2022 15:45 #256145 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe
Who mentioned ABBA?
I was raised listening to them, happy times.

More
07 Nov 2022 15:59 #256147 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic epoxy granite cnc lathe

(If you visit up here in the north, try to make it (late) April to August; the summers are pretty nice! Winter is cold and DARK, like pitch black at 15 o'clock in the afternoon! My favourite month is May I think.)

I spent 3 weeks in Jokkmokk in early January a few years ago. There wasn't much daylight.

@andypugh: Do you know what that German source is?

www.arno-arnold.de/de/
The following user(s) said Thank You: arvidb

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds