QCad CAM

More
08 Nov 2013 02:43 #40643 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic QCad CAM
I just imported the cad file and all the lines on the right are vertical and all the lines on the left are arcs. Just looking at the file and the first section is all lines then a bunch of arcs and I don't know if the whole file got imported yet.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2013 04:47 #40644 by Sterling
Replied by Sterling on topic QCad CAM
That's weird. :blink: I tested it here first, honest. I don't know what could be the problem. My first thought would be something got corrupted between saving it, coping it to the flash drive then uploading...? (maybe I can download it and take a look-see...)

Anyway, I figured out a way to get what I needed acomplished and I've got the center pocket where I want. (Hooray!) So now it's time to tweak the paths and edges!
As always, many thanks for you help!! I hope to make some decent progress now in the next couple days (depends on how link it takes me to 'tweak' the hand-written code.) ;)

More
09 Nov 2013 00:43 #40674 by BigJohnT
I'm glad your over the initial hump of the learning curve and are making progress. I'll let you know when they (QCad) fix the export point problem so drilling works.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sterling

More
09 Nov 2013 04:57 #40679 by peter76
Replied by peter76 on topic QCad CAM
Wow, never thought Qcad CAM would take off like this; it has so many rough edges. I'v been a long time Qcad user though and very fond of it; very reliable and quick for 2d drawings. Would it be hard to make lead ins/outs and a pierce delay wit QCAM?

More
09 Nov 2013 21:07 #40687 by BigJohnT
I assume this is for a plasma torch. I use a subroutine to touch off and fire the torch and pass the pierce height, pierce delay, cut height to the subroutine when I call it.
<touchoff> sub
(#1 pierce height, #2 pierce delay, #3 cut height)
F10
G38.2 Z-1.75 (Probe to find the surface)
G91
G1 Z0.070 (Raise up to Z0)
G90
G92 Z0 (Set Z0)
G1 Z#1
M3 S1
M66 P0 L1 Q5 (Wait for Arc OK from Torch)
G4 P#2 (Pause for pierce delay)
F25
Z#3 (goto cut height)
<touchoff> endsub
M2

Doing a short test in QCad I drew the lead in then the shape then the lead out and QCad correctly followed the path. It would be a simple thing to add to the start a call to a subroutine I think.

JT

More
09 Nov 2013 21:31 #40688 by BigJohnT
I started a plasma post processor and figured out where to put the call to the subroutine, now I need to figure out how to get the pierce height, pierce delay and cut height into the subroutine call.

JT

More
14 Nov 2013 07:18 #40806 by BigJohnT
Just a note to anyone that might be following this thread QCad version 3.4.3 now exports points properly for drilling holes.

JT

More
16 Nov 2013 06:06 #40845 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic QCad CAM

I made this in 2006 (mach3), and still running.
I use a sensor with an offset in Y axis where it probes where the plate is, then it moves the cutting head to the same spot where the height was measured and apply a determined offset (normally depends on the material to cut).
It can be seen on the video how it behaves.
Also using QCad, with a small program that I wrote where the code is structured and includes the piercing, delay, delay between parts and so on.

More
16 Nov 2013 22:04 #40864 by BigJohnT
I would be interested in looking at your QCad CAM configuration.

JT

More
16 Nov 2013 22:06 - 16 Nov 2013 22:10 #40865 by BigJohnT
I see on the QCad forum a guy has created a configuration that uses layer names for options and had tool diameter offset.

I'm working on a Plasma configuration at the moment.

Also you can change the order of entities to suit your cutter path in the property editor. While this works for drawings with a few entities it would be too hard if you have a drawing with a bunch of lines. If you draw your shape in QCad the entities are numbered as you draw them so you can have lead in and lead out and crossing paths.

JT
Last edit: 16 Nov 2013 22:10 by BigJohnT.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds