Emergency STOP on mesa card 7i76e

More
18 Jul 2021 06:58 - 18 Jul 2021 06:59 #215206 by arvidb

Hi everyone,
This is a simple drawing of the wiring that I have in mind.

It looks like the NC side of the switch is shorting out your AC supply? I guess you meant to add the AC/DC power supply in series there?

I haven't checked the pinout on the 7i76e, but I think the general idea is sound: emergency stop cuts motor input power and activates the disable inputs on the stepper drivers. (Note the DC power for activating those inputs must not have its power cut though - the way those disable inputs work on stepper drivers are a bit weird, they should require activation to enable the driver instead!)

You probably want to cut the AC side of the motor power supply; DC will require a much beefier relay/contactor not to arc. If you do cut the DC side, pay close attention to the DC ratings of the relay/contactor.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2021 06:59 by arvidb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sibelius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2021 07:29 #215209 by sibelius
Hi, sorry my mistake, I forgot to cut some line.
The line among the NC pole should not end on the Neutral line but both line ends on the active line.
thanks for the feedback

More
12 Nov 2022 03:26 #256481 by Sray69

Hi, sorry my mistake, I forgot to cut some line.
The line among the NC pole should not end on the Neutral line but both line ends on the active line.
thanks for the feedback

I took Sibelius's drawing and adapted it to my components and fixed the NC side. Would this configuration work?
drive.google.com/file/d/15e6d8gqNQxh8J7Y...3e0/view?usp=sharing

The Enable function on my drivers are ENABLED from the factory so applying power to them will DISABLE them.

More
12 Nov 2022 11:36 #256501 by rodw
That does not look right to me.
The NO connector should switch field power (24v+) to an input connected to iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in 
A seperate output should trigger a relay when your estop is pressed. Make it simple and use one output for all  stepper drive enables. This relay should be sending power to  the enable  pins. WHere is that output connected to?
iocontrol.user-enable-out goes false when estop is cleared. This is the wrong state but you can invert it in hal with not

More
12 Nov 2022 22:27 - 12 Nov 2022 22:37 #256546 by Sray69
Rod,
I did my best to understand exactly what you said and drew up a new diagram. I did not change the NC side of the E-stop but added the SSR to the NO side. The SSR is a DC to DC. Please zoom in to see the terminals that are being used. I am unsure if I am using the correct terminals on the Mesa board. Please let me know if/what terminals need to change and to what.

drive.google.com/file/d/1oIEZv8gFhLhP6X9...ReG/view?usp=sharing

I hope I am at least starting to get close to understanding these SSR's.

Thanks
Last edit: 12 Nov 2022 22:37 by Sray69.

More
13 Nov 2022 02:35 #256559 by rodw
Its more like the attached sketch.
You can't rally draw it up without the field power in there too.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Also refer to my 7i76e video.
Attachments:

More
14 Nov 2022 04:05 #256655 by Sray69
I have altered my drawing to hopefully get closer to what you suggest in your drawing. Please take a look and let me know if/what I need to fix.

I did not include the diode. I am not sure how to determine what size diode I will need.

drive.google.com/file/d/1o3cURS1HN-lMWSo...BKS/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

More
14 Nov 2022 04:54 #256660 by rodw
That looks better. You don't need  a diode with an SSR. If its a mechanical relay any IN4001 to IN4007 series is fine. Its just different by their voltage tolerance 50-500 volts.

Your SSR is not really a good choice in my book. Its way bigger than what's required and might need higher current/voltage to be reliable.. Look for a 6mm wide DIN rail one. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sray69

More
14 Nov 2022 05:03 #256663 by Sray69
That is GREAT NEWS!

Does this relay look like it would work better?
DC Control AC Thin Relay, 6A Solid State Relay DIN Rail Mount 1NO 1NC 6mm Wide Terminal Base for Power Application

Thanks Rod for your help on this.

More
14 Nov 2022 09:47 #256670 by rodw
This one is probably better (and its actually available too!)
www.amazon.com/dp/B08MPS1BJB/ref=sspa_dk...&smid=A30FF1YSS5LSJQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sray69

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds