Emergency STOP on mesa card 7i76e

More
16 Nov 2022 22:40 #256904 by Sray69

Choose ones with 30mA delta, not the 300mA ones.

Well it looks like the 30mA ones are not very common on this side of the Atlantic. The standard here is 4mA-6mA from what I have found. There is mention of Equipment GFCI's that are in the 30mA range but the do not seem as easily sourced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2022 22:47 #256906 by tommylight

Question: If I am running a breaker before the PSU's, should I also run fuses between the PSU's and the components? Seems a little redundant but I have read some posts where people do.

It is a nice idea if there are a lot of components powered from the same power supply, but for drives only i would not bother.
Switch mode power supplies (SMPS) have current limiting so if something goes south, it will shut down ... and power up, and shut down .... till the fault is removed, so chances of causing catastrophic failures are relatively small.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sray69

More
16 Nov 2022 22:50 #256907 by tommylight

Well it looks like the 30mA ones are not very common on this side of the Atlantic. The standard here is 4mA-6mA from what I have found. There is mention of Equipment GFCI's that are in the 30mA range but the do not seem as easily sourced.

Any of those should do just fine, the lower the value = greater chances of saving your life, and in the 4-6mA range, even people with heart issues might get alive on the other side! :)

More
18 Nov 2022 01:00 #256997 by Sray69
So now that I have that part figured out, I have read of people adding in the power to the router to their E-stop safety circuit. If the router is plugged into an outlet, say on the wall next to the CNC, how would I add it to the circuit so that it cuts power as well?

More
18 Nov 2022 13:05 #257030 by andypugh
I would always recommend powering the spindle through a relay controlled by the CNC system.

Apart from anything else, it is a lot more convenient.

There are commercially available devices that can make this easy, for example: www.amazon.com/Iot-Relay-Enclosed-High-P...pberry/dp/B00WV7GMA2

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds