7i76e

More
09 Jan 2022 02:23 #231207 by Aldenflorio
7i76e was created by Aldenflorio
Hello, I’m trying to set up and configure my 7i76e board. I built a plasma before, though I used a 7i96 board instead. I forget since what exactly to do. I am not fully sure where to set all the pins, how to configure the board to 10.10.10.10 or 10.10.10.1 or which ever. I’ve got the set up otherwise. I just forget these things

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2022 02:38 #231208 by tommylight

More
09 Jan 2022 02:53 #231210 by Aldenflorio
Replied by Aldenflorio on topic 7i76e
I’m confused by that reply

More
09 Jan 2022 03:18 #231211 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i76e
The same question was there about powering 7i76E.
For the rest leave everything factory set, only change the IP address jumper if you want but it is not required, it will work also with factory set at 192.168.1.121.

More
10 Jan 2022 18:34 #231328 by Aldenflorio
I figured it out. I just had to change the ip in pfthing

i am now encountering another issue though. My motors are not moving. They are only lightly buzzing. I have double triple and quadruple checked that all the pins were set up correctly based on the motors manual. Though they still face this issue. How do I test to see which white actually goes to which one? I don’t want to fry the motors

My motors:
cutt.ly/GfrJ5DD

More
10 Jan 2022 23:01 #231357 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i76e
Are they buzzing when jogging or when standing still?
If they buzz when jogging,
-set the step time and step space in hal/ini/pncconf higher, at least 5000 for both
-check the drives at what current they are set
-lower the jog speed a lot in GUI and try jogging again.

More
12 Jan 2022 18:47 - 12 Jan 2022 18:55 #231582 by Aldenflorio
They are buzzing while the are standing still. They don’t move when they are told to. I have them being sent 30v. The motors are the same  as last time and jog. The step space and step on time are both set to 5k. The direction hold and setup is 2500. No matter the jog time it doesn’t change.

it seems like it’s wired wrong but I wired it just as the place I bought them from said. 

these are my drivers and they are at factory settings cutt.ly/ffrKn7K
Last edit: 12 Jan 2022 18:55 by Aldenflorio.

More
12 Jan 2022 19:59 #231598 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic 7i76e
Unplug the motor wires from at the drive and check the continuity between A+ and A- and B+ and B- wires. (You are checking the wires to the motor and the motor itself.) The resistance between both A wires and both B wires should be the same. Also there should be no continuity between any of the A and B wires.

Another possibility is that you might have your step and dir signal wires mixed up, but often that results in the drive only moving one direction, not buzzing.

More
12 Jan 2022 20:21 #231602 by Aldenflorio
There doest seem to be any issue with the continuity or any issues with the wires connecting when they shouldnt. i checked many times if my wires were mixed up but they are not. Would it harm the motors to have them mixed up? maybe i could switch them around and see if that changes anything.heres the thing too, i have four motors and went about all of them the same way. im having this issue with all of them, maybe someting in mi hal and ini files is jacked. check them out if you dont mind
Attachments:

More
12 Jan 2022 20:25 #231604 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic 7i76e
Hooking the motor up wrong won't hurt the motor, but it could mess up the drive. What is the voltage and current rating on the motor?

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds