Help needed to get my 7i76E + 7i85S + 7i73 on my mill going.

More
26 Jul 2017 08:43 #96451 by tecno
Hi Rod,

No I have not seen this one, very nice job from Norbert. Now printed and I will read the document.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2017 08:46 #96452 by tecno
P1 is connected to 7i85S
P2 is unused
That is on 7i76E board.

P1 and P2 are used on 7i73

Have printed out your sheet as well for reference.

More
26 Jul 2017 15:05 #96476 by tecno
Have followed the fine document Norbert has written, but still I cannot get ETH connection 10.10.10.10 W3 UP still reports network error.
All LED's on board as per the manual, network cable controlled = OK

Having issues with my network down to the workshop so I have to walk up and down to read write these messages. Will try to solve the issues so life will be much easier. My Devolo adapters (ethernet over powergrid) are behaving badly suddenly and used to work reasonably before.

Any suggestions what to try next?

More
26 Jul 2017 16:19 #96488 by tecno

This is the message I get. Anybody to give advise what to do?

Cheers
Bengt
Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2017 17:09 #96493 by tecno
There must be something odd with the Ethernet driver as I am having problems with 3 different PC's and none of these will accept eth connection, Tested now with my ElitBeook 8440P and it also behaves like this, WiFi works OK down here in the workshop.

But no go with 10.10.10.10 on the 7i76E board. So my conclusion is something odd with driver for eth.

More
26 Jul 2017 17:34 #96494 by tecno
Well looks like Ive been barking on the wrong tree ;)

After several tries I managed to tie the PC to be 10.10.10.11 and now it is alive but with errors of course like limit switch on joints 0 1 and 2.

More to play with tomorrow.

Cheers
Bengt

More
27 Jul 2017 03:08 #96529 by rodw
Make sure the 7i76e is powered up before booting your machine. If in doubt see if you can ping the ip address. I have found sometimes that the network needs to be restarted so I have written a little script to do that on Linux Mint as it was a bit trickier than Debian.

More
27 Jul 2017 08:18 #96539 by tecno
The mill is powered up before I can get to start the PC.

Will try to do things step by step, first fix limit switch errors and the see whats next in line.
I am sure more questions will arise during the day ;)

Cheers
Bengt

More
27 Jul 2017 10:53 #96546 by tecno
So as suspected next in line is how to get Output 15 to go active = Enable all signal to go active as soon as LCNC is loaded.
This will activate the security relays and then I will have power to the motor drives and other peripherals..

File Attachment:

File Name: combimill_...7-27.ini
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: combimill_...7-27.hal
File Size:16 KB
Attachments:

More
27 Jul 2017 11:24 #96548 by rodw
I might be wrong and someone else more experienced might give other suggestions but to me it sound slike you are fighting the system here. My understanding is everything is off when you first start up LinuxCNC (eg in estop). The next step is you toggle the machine on (Gmocappy big green button).

So this is the point you would turn on all of your relays. Thats when I do.

Try this, I think I've got it right (motion, halui and iocontrol have most of the control signals)
machine_enable <= iocontrol.0.user-request-enable
machine_enable =>  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-15

I notice you call that pin a charge pump. I don't see that is required on the 7i76e (well I have not used it). The board has its own internal watchdog.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 1.625 seconds