A Widescreen Blender-Style Interface

More
07 Aug 2018 03:33 - 07 Aug 2018 03:35 #115719 by BrendaEM
Bevins, torch, you mean, like this?

(BTW, while not a feature, I made the elevator boxes a little nicer for the mock-up.)

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Aug 2018 03:35 by BrendaEM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2018 03:41 - 07 Aug 2018 03:43 #115722 by bevins
Is it usable now? Really nice.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2018 03:43 by bevins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrendaEM

More
07 Aug 2018 03:53 - 07 Aug 2018 04:04 #115723 by BrendaEM
Unfortunately, it's just a mock-up, but I've been taking constructive input in this thread. This stage will be ending soon, as there is nothing else I can do. On the bright side: I've been trying to develop a user interface system, which is not-so-easy to do if you have to write the code, as well.

I've also taking input concerning: lathe use, automatic tool changes, probe screens, the file menu, other others.

If what you mean by "...turning off the offsets..." might be accomplished by the coordinate system selector, found in the lower middle, just under the button that would let the user set the selected coordinate system to the present location.

The interfaces is based on several others, all in the style of Blender3D.

It was my hope to give something back to the LinuxCNC community, in the best way I thought I could. Soon, it will be up to all of you to decide if the design gets brought to life, or not.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2018 04:04 by BrendaEM.

More
12 Aug 2018 20:46 #115981 by BrendaEM
I had to do my yearly reinstall on my laptop computer, and we lost a pet. Not a good week. Both myself and my computer are functioning a little better now.

More
23 Aug 2018 16:41 #116493 by BrendaEM
I am starting on my final presentation, and the icon export.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Lcvette, grijalvap, KCJ, Joco, snoozer77, Immutef

More
27 Aug 2018 18:40 #116667 by Lcvette

I am starting on my final presentation, and the icon export.

very excited Brenda! looking forward to more GUI options for the LCNC community!! keep up the fantastic work!

Chris

More
04 Sep 2018 13:31 - 04 Sep 2018 13:33 #117052 by BrendaEM
I got the screenshots exported for the presentation, which is always disorienting because there are so many layers. I am going to do a presentation video to explain how I hope it will work, in spite of both my crappy voice-over work, and level of speaking ability.

I am sorry that progress is slow. I also had a font issue with the new version of Inkscape, which I filed a bug report, which tripped me up, well that and the pending issue of losing my place to live, which is why this proposal has to be done soon. Thanks for your patience.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2018 13:33 by BrendaEM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ, Joco

More
04 Sep 2018 15:38 #117061 by KCJ
Thanks Brenda for the hard work and perseverance! Can't wait to see your final presentation / proposal of this UI.

Cheers,
Kurt

More
07 Sep 2018 05:20 - 07 Sep 2018 05:23 #117174 by BrendaEM
Still working on the presentation. I am trying to come up with a kind of script so I don't stammer quite so much, at least enough to keep me from wandering. There's only 23 screenshots, but there's something to be said for all of them.

I am going to try to give credit where do for all of your help, inspiration, and ideas. I am sure I will miss someone.

I am going to get it a little attention, as well. Perhaps it will incite other people to help.

(I got OBS Studio for screen capture/annotaion. It's a great piece of software, free, and free from crap. It can stream video as well.
OBS Studiohttps://obsproject.com/ )

This is a really f'ed up part of my life, so thanks for the patience. : )
Last edit: 07 Sep 2018 05:23 by BrendaEM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
08 Sep 2018 05:47 - 08 Sep 2018 05:53 #117210 by BrendaEM
The presentation text is done. I likely will forget to thank someone.
I can start on the video. When it's done, I am just going to post it to my youtube channel.
No, it's not monetized, anymore, but I like the attention.

After the video is done, I am going to output the icons and package it up.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2018 05:53 by BrendaEM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, Robi63, Immutef

Time to create page: 1.309 seconds