A Widescreen Blender-Style Interface

More
11 Sep 2018 04:10 - 12 Sep 2018 04:55 #117319 by BrendaEM
The presentation intro is done, which is only the beginning, but there are 38 files in the presentation.

: O

Edit: Did some more presentation stuff tonight. I should have the video done in a week, likely sooner.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2018 04:55 by BrendaEM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Immutef, FritziAnn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2018 03:59 - 13 Sep 2018 04:08 #117445 by BrendaEM
The presentation: Intro, File, and Run, Large-Jog, Large-Run menus are done.
I am not great at this whole talking thing, but that's a big part of explaining things.

I wanted to make things glow a bit while explaining them, too, which makes lots of edits, like this:

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 04:08 by BrendaEM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 Sep 2018 04:07 - 16 Sep 2018 03:03 #117501 by BrendaEM
As for the presentation, Edit, Ncam, MDI, Readout, Location, and Tool, are done.
Three more big menus to go, and two short blurbs.

(I am getting a rhythm doing this Color-Key highlighting stuff, which I never did before. Actually, I am darkening everything else, momentarily.)

Edit: As for the presentation, Probe and Settings are also done. Remaining Are: Machine, Plugin, and Help.

Edit: Phew! The audio recording is done. The presentation will be a 17 minute affair. My best is all I can do.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2018 03:03 by BrendaEM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Joco

More
16 Sep 2018 20:05 - 16 Sep 2018 20:10 #117614 by BrendaEM
The user interface proposal video is done. I should have it up by the end of tomorrow--depending on how much is left of my psyche after going to the dentist.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2018 20:10 by BrendaEM.

More
16 Sep 2018 21:52 #117622 by BrendaEM
The user interface proposal is online in this thread. Thank you everyone for your help and encouragement. I will get the graphic source files ready this week.

forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/35243-widescr...l-by-brendaem#117619
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, snoozer77, Immutef

More
16 Sep 2018 22:15 #117630 by KCJ
Very nicely done presentation Brenda. Thank you for the significant amount of time and effort you have put into explaining what you intend, it makes it much easier for whoever ends up implementing it.

Cheers,
Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrendaEM

More
17 Sep 2018 02:23 #117636 by BrendaEM
Thank you for your support, and Hazzy's influence.

More
21 Oct 2018 23:06 #119180 by BrendaEM
As I stated I would, I uploaded the SVG source files here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/35403-brendae...roposal-source-files
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ

More
27 Oct 2018 00:43 #119495 by Askjerry
Brenda EM - I saw your screen... sorry but I did not read all 35 pages of this post...

I have been making a BUNCH of pyVCP panels for people... and worked on a couple of GLADE panels as well... but I have NO IDEA how to change any of the rest of the display. Yours is something like what I would LOVE to accomplish. Can you please point me to any reading material / video / etc. that actually explains how to go from an Inskape SVG to a functional replacement screen?

I mean... Inkscape I know...I can export PNG files... done it thousands of times... but putting it together to make an interface that looks like what you have... I don't know where to start. At this point... I'd love to just be able to modify anything on the left side of the standard screen... changing button sizes, styles, etc.

Any help very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jerry

More
27 Oct 2018 02:06 #119499 by KCJ
Jerry, the screenshots in this thread are Brenda's "artists renderings" (if you will) of how she intends the screen to look. The screen has not been implemented yet, and, without meaning to belittle it in any way, is nothing more than a collection of SVGs at this point.

You would probably be interested in Chris Morley's QtVCP branch, and my QtPyVCP project which is a branch of Chris' branch (gets complicated). Both use Qt widgets which can be styled using CSS, which makes it very easy to fully customize the look and feel of the UI. I posted some mock ups of a few of Brenda's UI elements done in QtPyVCP some pages back in this thread, including the CSS code.

There are some fledgling docs for QtPyVCP, I'll try to add some examples as soon as I can: qtpyvcp.kcjengr.com/

And here is a thread with a mostly functional VCP Lcvette build using it: forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/34996-another-gui-project-underway

There are also several threads discussing Chris's QtVCP.

Cheers,
Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds