Work with probe

More
19 Jan 2021 22:24 #195927 by gerrg
Replied by gerrg on topic Work with probe
right now, my probe is a piece of copper clad with 24V connected to it, and the input to my mesa card connected to the bit. I think this is an okay method, but i'm also welcome to any input there :-)

right now I'm able to probe to find my Z height and such, but right now the problem is when I run my Gcode, it goes to the tool change line, asks me to insert Tool #3 or whatever, and then basically stops. I can refresh the gcode and run it again, and then it doesn't ask me to insert Tool #3 (since i assume it remembers that's what's currently loaded) and then executes the gcode as normal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2021 22:56 - 19 Jan 2021 22:58 #195933 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe
What does psng/python look like?

If that is a file name then perhaps you should rename it. It's just possible that there is a namespace clash.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2021 22:58 by andypugh.

More
20 Jan 2021 02:48 #195968 by gerrg
Replied by gerrg on topic Work with probe
psng/python is a folder with a bunch of python files it in. See below

More
22 Jan 2021 20:10 #196269 by andypugh
I _think_ that the -u in the EMBED_TAB_COMMAND needs to point to an actual Python file, not to a folder.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gui/gladevcp....ladevcp:embeding-tab

Note also that there are two formats to embed a tab, depending on the user interface being used.

More
01 Feb 2021 08:57 #197290 by Jaro
Replied by Jaro on topic Work with probe
Good day.
I want to follow up on this thread and ask for advice.
I installed ProbeScreenV2 over the weekend. I use Linuxcnc 2.7.15 and UI Gammocapy 1.5.11. so far I have tried measuring and positioning with the application. all functions run ok, but the problem I have is that during the activity in the MIDI window I do not see the running script, although the called function is executed correctly. I don't know what the problem is.
also, the DRO window measures the position when the Probe Screen is started only if I have set zero values before starting the measurement. if I release two functionalities in a row, the window remains static - it does not measure values, although the probe will do what it has.
I tried to install ProbeScreen V1 with the same result, the functionality works, but I don't see the running script and after the second run the DRO is frozen.
can you please advise me what to try, set ..... to make it work correctly.
thank you very much
Jaro

More
01 Feb 2021 09:07 #197291 by andypugh

but the problem I have is that during the activity in the MIDI window I do not see the running script, although the called function is executed correctly. I don't know what the problem is.

I think this is probably normal. The display is of the loaded G-code file, and does not switch to the running code when an external subroutine is running.

If you want to see the G-code execution for debugging you could try loading the relevant .ngc file from the probe "macros" folder. That might show the executing line while that routine is running. (but I have not tried this)

More
01 Feb 2021 20:15 #197331 by skrap58
Replied by skrap58 on topic Work with probe
Hello, I have installed the probe screen V2 and everything is working except a fullscreen issue. When I run axis in full screen via the .axisrc I can see the output section of probe screen but I cannot minimize axis to access anything else on my computer. If I change this line in axisrc root_window.attributes("-fullscreen",1) by removing the -fullscreen then I can minimize axis but I do not have the output section of probe screen. I do not know if this is the setting I need to change. I think what I need to do is change the size of the probe screen. But, I do not know where to do this. I am running 2.7.10 on linuxmint 19. I have a 17" monitor with a resolution setting of 1600 x 900. if someone could point me in the right direction it would be surely appreciated. I have attached the .axisrc file.
Attachments:

More
09 Feb 2021 07:17 #198124 by CBollweg
Replied by CBollweg on topic Work with probe
Hello everybody,

I have installed the probe screen V2 and would like to use the jog keys stored there. However, these do not work. Transferring the data from GUIHUE / GitHUB also brought no change. What do I have to do to be able to use the jog buttons? Thank you in advance for your help.

Christian

More
09 Feb 2021 19:09 - 09 Feb 2021 19:11 #198184 by andypugh
I think that there is a mis-match between:
github.com/verser-git/probe_screen_v2/bl...probe_screen.py#L391
and
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/python..._linuxcnc_command_tt
As a result of the joints-axes changes in LinuxCNC 2.8.

Try:
        if self.distance <> 0:  # incremental jogging
            self.command.jog( linuxcnc.JOG_INCREMENT, 0, axisnumber, direction * velocity, self.distance )
        else:  # continuous jogging
            self.command.jog( linuxcnc.JOG_CONTINUOUS, 0, axisnumber, direction * velocity )
Last edit: 09 Feb 2021 19:11 by andypugh.

More
09 Feb 2021 19:55 #198192 by CBollweg
Replied by CBollweg on topic Work with probe
Hi Andy,

that didn't make an Change.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds