Work with probe

More
16 Dec 2020 03:53 #192100 by alkabal
Replied by alkabal on topic Work with probe
Imo the more easy approach is put in the GUI for probe diameter your Bit diameter + 2* the edge lenght of your touch plate

I'm unsure about the result so keep safe i suggest using a fake drill like a paper writer envelopped with some conductive aluminium or something like that.

Br
The following user(s) said Thank You: ulistermclane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2020 11:17 - 16 Dec 2020 11:18 #192121 by ulistermclane
Replied by ulistermclane on topic Work with probe
I will try this as soon as my touch plate is ready; but I think it will work- cool! Thanks again for this nice extension.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2020 11:18 by ulistermclane.

More
15 Jan 2021 06:38 #195409 by gerrg
Replied by gerrg on topic Work with probe
I'm not sure if this post is still active/open to questions, or if it'd be better to create a new post, but we'll see.

So last night i installed the probe screen and finally got it all working, but when i tried to run some gcode today, I kept getting a "linear move on line 33 would exceed Z's positive limit". I got this on every gcode file i had made, and had even run some of them before in the past without issue.

each of these files has a Tx M6 command, which is where the problem comes in. something weird is happening in the M6 remmap which i think is causing the problem. If i remove the Tx M6 line, the program runs just fine, but i'd like to keep it in there and fix the problem for when I have gcodes that do that tool change commands in them.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've attached my .ini and .hal files incase that helps, but can provide other files if needed to. Thanks for the help!
Attachments:

More
15 Jan 2021 14:43 #195433 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Work with probe
Sounds like the problem has to do with your M6 remap. Can you post the code for that.

More
15 Jan 2021 14:53 #195434 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic Work with probe
I'm have the same problem. It goes through all of the motions to measure the tool but the resulting offset is wrong. Sometimes with the error you are getting and sometimes just not starting the at the top of the part. I have just been studying and testing. I really want to understand how this works and never really had to get too deep into G-Code or parameters before. The CAM program was keeping me dumb. LOL. Watching this thread with interest.

More
15 Jan 2021 16:12 #195450 by gerrg
this is the remap line in the ini file:

REMAP=M6 modalgroup=6 prolog=change_prolog ngc=psng_manual_change epilog=change_epilog

so i'm pretty sure the attached file is the remap code

on the probe screen there is a checkbox that says to use remap M6 or something along those lines, but it's currently unchecked. I haven't tried to check this box yet, though i probably should just to play around with it :-).

Thanks for your help!
Attachments:

More
15 Jan 2021 16:24 #195453 by Todd Zuercher
Need to clear up some basic assumptions about your machine.
When you jog the Z up, is this moving the spindle up or the table up?
(It should be spindle up or table down.)

When Z is at it's max travel position the spindle should be the farthest away from the table possible. (Is this true?)

More
15 Jan 2021 16:31 #195456 by gerrg
jogging up (with the + button on the gui or with the page up button on the keyboard) moves the spindle up (away from the workpiece)

and yes, when Z is at it's most positive value, it's farthest from the table. So for example when i home my machine, it moves the spindle to position 0, and then I can't move any further positive, but i can move it down to -150mm or so.

More
15 Jan 2021 16:39 #195458 by Todd Zuercher
In your ini file you have MAX_LIMIT = 5.0 for the Z axis. That is saying that the machine can move 5mm up past the home position. Is that possible without hitting a limit switch? Your home offset of 2mm only moves the home (G53Z0) position 2mm down from the home switch.
The beginning of the M6 probe cycle is going to move the Z to G53Z4.9 is that move possible?

More
15 Jan 2021 16:47 #195459 by Todd Zuercher
If the highest you want to be able to move is Z0 or the Z home switch is also the +limit switch, you should probably set the MAX_LIMIT = 1.0, then set Z_SAFE_TRAVEL_OFFSET = -1.0. That will make the probe routine move to G53Z0 for the safe height.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds