Work with probe

More
31 May 2020 10:08 #169502 by Marcodi
Replied by Marcodi on topic Work with probe
Anybody an idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2020 04:09 #170069 by verser
Replied by verser on topic Work with probe
Now the Probe Screen application supports only three axes. The rotation axis or fourth axis is not yet supported. Also, XHC pendant not yet supported. Several pendant actions need the machine to be in manual mode, whereas others need the machine in MDI mode. Requesting the mode to be changed by the xhc hal component. I do not use such a device and do not yet have the opportunity to make corrections. My apologies.

More
04 Jun 2020 17:33 - 04 Jun 2020 17:36 #170108 by Marcodi
Hi verser,

I believe you didn't understand very well what the problem is .

There are only 3 axis!

You have a probe action to probe for a rotation of the workpiece (not an axis)

And the auto-rotate button. When the auto-rotate button is ON , than you say that any other probing action would be done in the rotated coordinate system. But that is not working in your program. We are still working here in an XY plane so no rotational axis anywhere.

The auto rotate button is not working.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2020 17:36 by Marcodi.

More
04 Jun 2020 17:56 #170110 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Work with probe
Been following this ( and everything else on this forum) so having trouble understanding what exactly it is that you are trying to achieve.
If you think that you can put the material rotated at any angle on the XY plane and have the sensor find the edges and then adjust the gcode to follow that angle, that can not be done without some major upgrades to your mill.
If that is what you are after, there is something that does that but for the Z axis only, used for 3d printers due to bed levelling issues .
If that is not what you are after, you will have to do a better explanation, because that is how it is coming through.

More
04 Jun 2020 18:36 #170116 by verser
Replied by verser on topic Work with probe
Ah, I get it now :).
There were a lot of useful edits to version 2 for coordinate system rotation, so I would recommend using version 2.

When the auto-rotate button is ON , than you say that any other probing action would be done in the rotated coordinate system.

This is not quite true. When the auto-rotate button is ON , then after measurement using one of the rotation buttons the coordinate system will automatically rotate by the measured angle and any other probing action would be done in the rotated coordinate system. When the auto-rotate button is OFF , then after measurement using one of the rotation buttons you get the value of the angle without rotating the coordinate system.
You can also rotate the coordinate system at an arbitrary angle manually - type an angle in the Angle field and click the button on the right to approve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel

More
04 Jun 2020 21:00 #170133 by Marcodi
thanks verser,

I do have 1 important more question though as it remains unclear to me on this point:

When the auto-rotate button is ON , then after measurement using one of the rotation buttons the coordinate system will automatically rotate by the measured angle and any other probing action would be done in the rotated coordinate system

I understand the part about the automatically rotate by the measured angle when auto rotate is on.

But than:

You say: " any other probing action would be done in the rotated coordinate system.". This should mean that X and Y movemrnts should no longer be horizontal and vertical but moving under the measured angle.

when I use your probing now X and Y movements still act as if the working plane has not rotated and give me a wrong corner point.

Cause that is where my problem lays. Imagine you put a square workpiece on the table and it is under an angle of 12 degree and you need to set the XY 0 point exactly in a corner of the workpiece. As it is under an angle it is than you need a probe to find out the perfect corner. Your probe screen would be perfect it the probing action for finding a corner would follow the rotation angle. So you can easily find the exact corner point of the workpiece.

I specifically installed your probe screen because I thought that when a workpiece is rotated your probe actions were able to probe for a corner point when a workpiece is rotated because that is very difficult to do without probe. If a workpiece is perfect aligned with an X or Y axis you don't need a probe to find a corner. This action of probing in a rotation angle is enormously useful. Cause you no longer have to align anything with one axis to work. You probe, find the corner point and run the gcode while the rotation is set to ON so the coordinate system is rotated.

I hope you understand what I mean. If not I will have to post a video to show the problem.

Your probe screen is golden but if probing under an angle is not possible. The use is very limited. If that is possible, this should be standard included in any linuxcnc distribution.

More
08 Jun 2020 00:13 #170551 by Marcodi
Hi verser,

Have you had any time to look at the issue I am encountering.

More
08 Aug 2020 18:25 #177699 by Agapemachinist
Replied by Agapemachinist on topic Work with probe
Ok I am still doing my best to learn all of this.. I have tried to get Probe screen to load in Gmoccapy but was only partially successful. I would much appreciate if someone could please tell me step-by-step how to get this functioning.
I got the screen to come up. But it seems oddly out of proportion.

Also would there be a way to integrate this into Probe screen.. forum.linuxcnc.org/40-subroutines-and-ng...ration-renishaw-mp12
I think this is almost a must. Considering it compensates for the switch in the probe itself. I wish I was able to take the Renshaw macros I have work and just convert them. But unfortunately they're incredibly long and complex

any and all help welcomed

More
17 Aug 2020 20:55 - 18 Aug 2020 16:55 #178533 by tomala89
Replied by tomala89 on topic Work with probe
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Aug 2020 16:55 by tomala89.

More
18 Aug 2020 07:47 - 18 Aug 2020 16:58 #178572 by tomala89
Replied by tomala89 on topic Work with probe
Hey, this is my ini.

After turning on the M6 T6, the machine goes to the exchange point, but no message in linux pops up. What could I have done wrong?
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Aug 2020 16:58 by tomala89.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds