How to connect Home switches for dual motor on 3 Axis machine [2.8 Pre Master]

More
24 Jan 2018 21:18 - 24 Jan 2018 21:19 #104969 by Grotius
@Denhen,

If you have one working home sensor x input on your system. You can use this input for your x axis motors on both sensors.

They will trigger after each other. It's not my way. I use a synchrone axis in the portal to keep both mothers in line anytime.
But that's a secret nobody know's.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2018 21:19 by Grotius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2018 21:20 #104970 by denhen89
Okay, i plugged the Y2 switch to the Z Home switch microphone connector and its the same behavior. Then plugged Z switch to the Y2 home microphone connector, and its working!
So, the switch should be broken or the wire somere (i had to make it longer because ther 90cm or so, wasnt enough, so it might be that somewhere there where i connected the wires its broken.

I think i am right with this..

More
24 Jan 2018 21:23 #104971 by Grotius
You see, one working sensor make your project working !!

That;'s why i say just try one sensor.

More
24 Jan 2018 21:23 #104972 by Mike_Eitel
Sounds promising !
I'm sure you will find it. Sensors are often current protected, so i believe you will be up soon.
Mike

More
24 Jan 2018 21:26 #104973 by denhen89
I am going to check it now and will write as soon as its working or not, but it has to work.

Thanks so much for your help guys!

More
24 Jan 2018 21:41 #104978 by rodw
Progress is always good.

This video gives a good description of pullup/down resistors but it sounds like you don't need one.

I would start tracing with a multimeter and continuity tester from the sensor 12 volt through to the BOB. Maybe disconnect its signal from the BOB first. Are you seeing the voltage change at the sensor? Did you wire it correctly? Can you see voltage at the BOB end? If you get that far maybe swap pins as suggested earlier.

More
25 Jan 2018 09:33 #104994 by Clive S

I am going to check it now and will write as soon as its working or not, but it has to work.

Thanks so much for your help guys!

You also might have to connect the two -ve power supplies together

More
25 Jan 2018 17:40 #105008 by denhen89
Hello guys!

Sorry for the late reply. I worked yesterday until 02:30 o clock in the night, but the homing work i got doine pretty quick after my last post. It was an problem with the wire. Unfortunately some other problem came, which are not important to mention, but thats why i havent wrote anymore to inform you that the homing process is working properly and at it was so late that i just wanted to go to bed.

Maybe its also not that important to mention, but today i found out that my motors on the long axis (Y) stalls almost at the end of the axis. I am using rotating nuts, so my screws needs to be fixed at the ends and actually i have it done pretty good or lets say, like it should be, but the plates which holding the screws are mounted with 8 (4 each side of one plate) M6 screws, and when i tighten the screw, the plates gets pulled to the middle of the router on the upper side and the screws gets pushed down at the ends, so thats why the motors was stalling at about 7m/min. I checked 2 plate and corrected it, but the screws just cant hold the plates in place, so tomorrow i have to align them and spot-weld them to the main frame. Without properly tigthen screws, i achieve 8,5m/min on the long axis, but they are vibrating pretty much in the middle at this speed, so i think i can achieve even more travelspeed. The gantry weights about 100kg and the steppers are nema 23 4Nm (Leadshine AM882 drivers) so i think 8,5m/min is totally okay.

I am really happy that its almost done and the first 3d milling (without spindle :D) run very good at 6m/min.
I am very very helpful for all your help. Awesome community.
As soon as everything is finished, i will upload an video to youtube and post it here. Maybe someone is interested to see the machine running.

PS: Special thanks to rodw
@Clive S: The two small 12V/3A PSUs are connected together.

Br,
Denis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel

More
25 Jan 2018 18:04 #105009 by Clive S
Denis . Glad you got it all working:) For completeness were the hal and ini files altered or as published?

More
25 Jan 2018 19:41 #105011 by denhen89
:))
I had to make some changes on the work area size, homing settings like offset etc. In the INI file but havent change anything in the hal if i remember correctly, but to make sure, i will upload them on tomorrow, as soon as i am on the cnc pc!

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds