How to connect Home switches for dual motor on 3 Axis machine [2.8 Pre Master]

More
More
04 Feb 2018 19:35 #105414 by denhen89
Thanks, i watched the videos.

I installed ground wires inside the box. On tomorrow i i will try to make some pictures and hope you can tell me if its done correctly, but i am pretty sure there is missing something.

Current situation (again something new):
My both LPT cables were going through the 3meters steel tubing of the main machine frame, just so they are hidden and i will never fell over them and in same time not destroy anything. I just took them out there, because i felt on the X motor still some kind of of strange vibration and also everytime i started the Spindle with M3 command and also put it off with M5 the X moved again, but for an very short moment.
Before i that i already connected the shield (shielded wire from VFD to SPINDLE) to the spindle EARTH pin, so the shield is now connected on VFD EARTH pin and also on the EARTH Pin on the spindle connecter together with the EARTH (yellow/green) wire.
So on the VFD ground pin there are now 3 wires connected:
VFD Power cable Earth wire
Earth wire from VFD to Spindle
Shield wire from VFD to Spindle

Now i had no problems any more when spindle is running and also not when i start it or put it off.

But, i found one other problem, which might be not an big problem, but there has to be some option to fix it.
First of all: I am using an 8 plug power strip. There i had connected the Main control box plug for all the PSUs (steppers, both BOBs), the VFD, the air compressor and the Water cooling pump for the spindle.
What is important to say: The water pump is an 230V (80W 6A) but has no EARTH wire ! It sits in an metal housing which i had left over from an epoxy hardener and this housing is (not directly, but stands on the aluminum plate where the X axis ball nut housing is mounted) connected with the main frame.
When the Water pump is connected to the same multi plug strip where all other hardware is connected, then when turning on or off the spindle then the X axis motor again makes an short step.
What i then did to see if it has something to do with the VFD:
I tryed to plug the VFD to an different plug form an different room which has an other main fuse:
Problem is still there.
Then i connected the VFD back to the multi plug strip, but took of the Waterpump from this multi plug strip.
Problem disapeared!
So, i have to connect the Water pump the an different Plug. It CAN NOT be connected to the multi plug strip where the VFD and the PSUS/Boards/etc. is connected.

Actually, that wouldnt be an problem at all, but for me its important that i do never forget the to turn on the Water pump, that why i wanted to have it connected to the multi plug. Then i could use the Main switch of the multi plug strip to turn all eletronics and dont have to fear to forget turn on the pump.
I could connect the pump to the VFD, so when turning on the spindle with M3, the water pump will be also running, but i want that the pump continues to run even the spindle is not any more running, so i continues to cool even the spindle is off. Dont want to use timer relay or anything, so it would be great if you could tell me what i can do in that sitatuon.

Thanks in advance!

How i can solve that problem or what actually causes the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds