Touch Plate Explanation please

More
18 Nov 2021 22:10 #226924 by shortcircuit48
I gave up. Back to the roll up fag paper, that's advanced technology
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2021 19:59 #227318 by shortcircuit48
I hate getting beat so I came back as it did work, so no reason why it should not work again. I have gone through the configuration several times but just not getting there. I have the touch button displayed and it does appear to operate. I assume that when activated is should start the "MDI" commands but nothing happens? Am I missing something in the "Advanced Configuration Options"?
I am very much a senior citizen(76) and finding my mind is not as sharp as it used to be so help is appreciated.

More
23 Nov 2021 00:05 #227345 by andypugh
Gmoccapy goes it's own way where touch plates are concerned, but it is documented:

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gui/gmoccapy....uto-tool-measurement

I haven't read back through all 5 pages to see if that link has already been posted. If it has, then sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shortcircuit48

More
26 Nov 2021 10:21 #227635 by shortcircuit48
Andy, I thank you for your reply. I have looked at the link you have provided and attempted numerous "fixes" to no avail.
My initial probe problem was resolve at page 3 by ACIERA who provided a INI file and Gladevcp folder which resolved the problem. However I attempt to replicate the installation and am not making any progress. The touch button appears to work but does not activate the MDI commands although I can enter them manually. Not sure where I should be looking so any direction would be much appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds