Debian 12 - Bookworm Live installer ISO for linuxcnc (x86_64)

More
17 Sep 2023 02:32 #280972 by rubes
hmmm guess I cant even do that right.
I meant to say I probably deserved that Tommy...but you use what you know, right? I'm just an old guy that still remembers 8" floppies!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2023 02:45 #280974 by rubes
ok...thanx again. That did alot more stuff so we must be getting closer. But in the end it reported an error;

I did dig up a USB drive and burned the ISO to that...but still the exact same things. I am going to re-download the ISO and start over.
Attachments:

More
17 Sep 2023 05:49 #280978 by rodw
Its hard to say without seeing the context.
I had the same problem recently on a Debian desktop PC. I had been giving it a hard time with an ARM64 cross compiler.
I could not resolve it so reinstalled Debian (using the same installer as used here)
Note this is a clone of the existing Linuxcnc installer and some stuff was preexisting so not my work!

More
17 Sep 2023 13:33 #281005 by rubes

Note this is a clone of the existing Linuxcnc installer and some stuff was preexisting so not my work!

I get it...im just not a linux geek so was hoping for a "simple" autoinstall in prep for getting the machine going. I am much more machinist than computer guy. I know just enough about them to get into some real trouble but am learning much more 'bout this than I expected to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
17 Sep 2023 20:48 #281019 by tommylight

I'm just an old guy that still remembers 8" floppies!!

Close enough, i am the 5-1/4" generation! :)

More
18 Sep 2023 11:40 #281066 by rodw
This image has been updated to fix the error in /etc/apt/sources.list file (when the upload finishes in about half an hour)
Sources.list should now include the all important non-free-firmware so you get any odd network card drivers that are not fully open source.
Please ensure you remain connected to the internet.
Its a 3.6 gb file so google drive or your ISP could terminate your download given the size. That is out of my control sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Sep 2023 19:08 #281099 by rubes
although I no longer need this because I used the process tommylight showed in another thread and it worked perfectly (including the access to the mirror site)...I figured I'd give it a go since I have several days invested already.

this worked much better for me.
sudo apt update shows all packages up to date. Still shows that one repository has changed a value? but seemed to work fine.

I also did the python and probe basic installs and they completed without any errors.

BUT...there is always a butt(and sometimes I feel like its me :-),,,I cant get any configs to load...not even the sims.
attached below is the log I get when I try to load the axis sim.

and if I try to load a qtdragon sim;

This is just FYI, as I have a working system from other methods.
Attachments:

More
18 Sep 2023 20:27 #281103 by rodw
Thanks for the feedback. I've been sleeping! If you could you do
cat /etc/apt/sources.list
and share the output.
We should see non-free non-free-firmware on the lines starting with deb
I don't think the message about non-free-firmware is any concern, but that output will confirm

Re the QTVCP error, That has been reported several times recently on the forum, It could just be a missing dependency. Hopefully somebody will advise.

More
18 Sep 2023 20:54 #281105 by rodw
From another thread, please run 
 sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri xserver-xorg-core

and try again.

I will try tonight

More
19 Sep 2023 07:22 #281136 by ississ
I noticed that debian 12 installer does not fill apt/sources.list "correctly" if there is no network during the install.
It leaves only one line for dvd/usb and all net related is missing.
So if there was no network sources.list must be filled in by hand before going further.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds