LinuxCNC on Linux Mint Debian Edition 6

More
15 Mar 2024 12:44 #295956 by bkt
at least I install with these kernel (linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php ) "not usual" If I understand well tommylight for test an N95 board .... result is ridicolus .... so think something is really wrong ....

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2024 12:45 #295957 by bkt
need to try with other rt-preempt kernel ...

More
15 Mar 2024 14:00 #295961 by tommylight
When you install LinuxCNC it will also install the correct kernel.
And that is not a real time kernel. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
16 Mar 2024 10:11 - 16 Mar 2024 10:15 #296040 by bkt
so .... sorry a misunderstanding of mine.

I went from memory and remembered some time ago you said that LMDE6 was already rt_preempt.... so all I had to do was download and install it..... the kernel I now have says preemt_dinamic.... similar to rt_ of ubuntu.. .. so I understood that I needed to download and install LMDE6 to have rt_preempt .... too easy, right?

Well clarified the fact you are saying that I have to install a patch right?

What do you recommend as a patch for a poor mini PC with N95 processor? I don't have big needs, 2ms of realtime would already be ok.

what sugget on thesse link can be ok? forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=407613

regards
Last edit: 16 Mar 2024 10:15 by bkt.

More
16 Mar 2024 10:35 - 16 Mar 2024 10:37 #296044 by bkt
seems right that link .... reult is not so comfortable ...but not apply any trik and not define nothing on bios ..... so think can be better than these .... I hope to obtain a better deviation than these .... so system can be stable.

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Mar 2024 10:37 by bkt.

More
16 Mar 2024 11:14 #296048 by cornholio
That's fine for mesa hardware, but why the 2ms servo thread ?

It's not a pi**ing contest to get the lowest latency (sorry I'm from Australia and can sound a bit rude at times, but no harm meant). Don't get caught up trying the get lower & lowers latency if you are using an external hardware step generator. I think Pete for from Mesa said that trying to get latency under a certain figure does nothing to improve the system.

Although Miley Cyrus, like Danni Minoque, could mess things up. Just ask Jacques Villeneuve ;)

More
16 Mar 2024 12:56 #296058 by tommylight
No patches, no install, nothing, just install LMDE6, reboot, then
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install linuxcnc-uspace
Nothing else.

More
16 Mar 2024 19:30 - 16 Mar 2024 19:36 #296091 by bkt
@ tommylight  .... precisely:
after install LMDE6 from linux mint sites need to do almost one of these two steps
sudo apt install linux-image-rt-amd64
 and you'll get the default real-time 6.1 kernel
sudo apt install -t bookworm-backports linux-image-rt-amd64
 and you'll get the latest available from backports.

After you can use apt for install linuxcnc 2.9.0 or other packages using gedbi install only .... not test on 2.10 version ... but in 2.9.0, 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 only.

in my case isol cpu get  bad result .... but  set grub in these way:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="-original paramters- intel_idle.max_cstate=0 processor.max_cstate=0 idle=poll"

I improve to 40% more or less the latency performances with sdev to 2,3 istead of 4,1 ...

And I'm not disable audio and vt-x from bios .....

@cornholio ... don't worry.... the fact is that I'm always under pressure.... sometimes I can't be sociable...once many years ago I had a helmet like that..... now one with the star like us navy.... but it's been on a shelf for a few years.
.... by the way, how come on dmax there are all these Australians looking for gold in the red lands? I've been seeing these things in the evening for two Saturdays already.... they've intrigued me.... not so much about the gold.... so much about digging up dirt in places that aren't exactly my Alps. Is these so usual or fashionable? or only a tv show?

P.S. terrible these new wisiwig on forum ..... 

Last edit: 16 Mar 2024 19:36 by bkt.

More
16 Mar 2024 19:42 #296093 by bkt
about video .... is random .... i've not a preferred music in particular ..... but i've some type of preferred snow 

More
21 Mar 2024 17:34 - 21 Mar 2024 17:41 #296482 by bkt
[color=#e74c3c]E: [/color]Unable to locate package ethercat-master
[color=#e74c3c]E: [/color]Unable to locate package libethercat-dev

seems not able connect repository .... what the name of right repositories for these two libs? so I can add to my list .... using command or adress of rodw obtain only these messages at least .... and ethercat was not installed with Lcnc 2.9.2 deb package ....

git clone gitlab.com/etherlab.org/ethercat.git ethercat-master
fatal: repository 'gitlab.com/etherlab.org/ethercat.git' does not exist
Last edit: 21 Mar 2024 17:41 by bkt.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds