Ethercat HAL driver

More
15 Feb 2021 16:05 #198946 by jc2ktr
Replied by jc2ktr on topic Ethercat HAL driver

ok, maybe encoder 1 is not displayed correct in offline mode....

Cyclic Position Mode, Control Loop in the drive. That meens no PID in Linuxcnc, all tuning is made in indraworks. Right?

Yes i want the Drive to do all the Controll stuff, i tuned the drive already but TwinCAT messed all up.
The Encoder is unfortunatley only displayed in Online mode on in indraworks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2021 16:46 #198950 by db1981
Replied by db1981 on topic Ethercat HAL driver
ok, i understand.

Indraworks and Twincat is running on the same PC? The ethercat par file has been created after you connected twincat to the drive?

your steps at the moment are:
-power up the drive
-connect to twincat, start twincat
-conncet to the linux PC
-start linuxcnc , drives goes op?

-without the twincat step, the drive stays safeop or preop ?

please post your (linuxcnc) ethercat_conf.xml

More
15 Feb 2021 18:05 - 15 Feb 2021 18:06 #198952 by jc2ktr

ok, i understand.

Indraworks and Twincat is running on the same PC? The ethercat par file has been created after you connected twincat to the drive?

your steps at the moment are:
-power up the drive
-connect to twincat, start twincat
-conncet to the linux PC
-start linuxcnc , drives goes op?

-without the twincat step, the drive stays safeop or preop ?

please post your (linuxcnc) ethercat_conf.xml

Indraworks and Twincat is running on the same PC?
Yes Indraworks and TwinCAT are running on the same PC/Windows installation LinuxCNC on the same Machine on a Stand alone installation.

The ethercat par file has been created after you connected twincat to the drive?
The HCS01.1E_W0009_mpb20v26_ethercat.par was created after the TwinCAT connection to the drive.

The HCS01.1E_W0009_mpb20v26_eth.par was created after the the initial Setup to the drive, but before TwinCAT interference.

My steps at the moment are:

-Setup the drive, do the Scaling and Initial Setup in Indraworks over Ethernet. (only once)
-Change the MasterCommunication to EtherCAT COE (only once)
-Restart the Drive start TwinCAT --> Scan for boxes --> Configure PDO´s --> activate Configuration (only once)
-Restart PC load LinuxCNC --> Start LinuxCNC Clear E-Stop & Enable the Machine --> Drive goes from INIT-->SafeOP-->PO-->OP
-Jog the Drive with false Scaling (Changing the Scaling in HAL file leads to F2037 Excessive position command difference

Without TwinCAT step the Drive stays in INIT-State

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat_r...2021.xml
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2021 18:06 by jc2ktr. Reason: Edit

More
15 Feb 2021 18:20 #198953 by db1981
are you able to use indraworks after the step
-Change the MasterCommunication to EtherCAT COE ,-Drive restart ?

If yes, please post an parameter file after this, before the use of twincat.

at the moment its not 100% clear for me, why twincat is necessary for PDO config.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jc2ktr

More
15 Feb 2021 18:30 #198954 by jc2ktr

are you able to use indraworks after the step
-Change the MasterCommunication to EtherCAT COE ,-Drive restart ?

If yes, please post an parameter file after this, before the use of twincat.

at the moment its not 100% clear for me, why twincat is necessary for PDO config.

Yes i can use IndraworksDS after Change but i only if TwinCAT is in run state, only then i can Connect to the drive.

I will try tomorrow if i get somehow the connection to the drive without TwinCAT running, maybe it is somehow possible.

More
15 Feb 2021 18:44 #198956 by db1981
ok, don't try this will not work. Twincat sets an EoE Gateway for the ethernet communication through ethercat.

Please explain your step -Configure PDOs , are there no pdo's listet after the box scan?

More
15 Feb 2021 18:54 - 15 Feb 2021 18:56 #198958 by jc2ktr

ok, don't try this will not work. Twincat sets an EoE Gateway for the ethernet communication through ethercat.

Please explain your step -Configure PDOs , are there no pdo's listet after the box scan?

After Changing the MasterCommunication to Ethercat there are 2 pairs of PDO´s preconfigured, this is preconfigured from IndraworksDS.

see Attachments

I reconfigured the PDO´s to get more options like this:

Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2021 18:56 by jc2ktr. Reason: Edit

More
15 Feb 2021 19:51 #198966 by db1981
i have added an line to your ethercat_conf.xml, please put the additional file in your machine config folder.

try to start your config without the twincat workaround.

this are the init cmds for your drive, for your desired PDO configuration. You can put them manually in your ethercat config with
an "sdo_config" line or as an external .xml file.

These commands are sent in the transition between preop and safeop state, before the master configs the pdos, goes to realtime and in op mode.

with beckhoff or sercos drives this list is very long, because it contains the whole drive configuration. These drives configurations are empty after power loose. I hope this is not so with the indradrives.

At CIA Can Profile the scaling and weigthing is handled with other units, as descriped in the indradrive manual for this firmware. but first get the drive to op without twincat, then we can get an aim at the scaling.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Name: indradrive...nfig.xml
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jc2ktr

More
15 Feb 2021 21:06 #198980 by jc2ktr

i have added an line to your ethercat_conf.xml, please put the additional file in your machine config folder.

try to start your config without the twincat workaround.

this are the init cmds for your drive, for your desired PDO configuration. You can put them manually in your ethercat config with
an "sdo_config" line or as an external .xml file.

These commands are sent in the transition between preop and safeop state, before the master configs the pdos, goes to realtime and in op mode.

with beckhoff or sercos drives this list is very long, because it contains the whole drive configuration. These drives configurations are empty after power loose. I hope this is not so with the indradrives.

At CIA Can Profile the scaling and weigthing is handled with other units, as descriped in the indradrive manual for this firmware. but first get the drive to op without twincat, then we can get an aim at the scaling.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Name: indradrive...nfig.xml
File Size:4 KB

I know these Commands, they are listed in the startup tab from TwinCAT, i think they are stored in the drive, because i only had to use TwinCAT once to configure them.
But i did not know how to use them without TwinCAT.

Thanks i do a reset of the drive tomorrow and set it up with your additional XML and then get it hopefully to work.

Greets Sven

More
15 Feb 2021 21:10 - 15 Feb 2021 21:10 #198982 by db1981
ah ok,

if you once did start the drive with Twincat, you can start it again direct with linuxcnc after an power cycle?
Last edit: 15 Feb 2021 21:10 by db1981.

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds