Ethercat HAL driver

More
14 Feb 2021 16:26 - 14 Feb 2021 16:26 #198812 by db1981
Replied by db1981 on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Hello,
the drives get its SDO Parameters at the startup from the Ethercat master, so if this is a drive in which you can't permanently save the initcmds, you will start with an empty drive config.

if you don't tell twincat the values of the idn's, it will change the drives config.

Why do you need twincat to make the drive controlable with linuxcnc?
Last edit: 14 Feb 2021 16:26 by db1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jc2ktr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2021 20:36 - 14 Feb 2021 20:42 #198838 by jc2ktr
Replied by jc2ktr on topic Ethercat HAL driver

Hello,
the drives get its SDO Parameters at the startup from the Ethercat master, so if this is a drive in which you can't permanently save the initcmds, you will start with an empty drive config.

if you don't tell twincat the values of the idn's, it will change the drives config.

Why do you need twincat to make the drive controlable with linuxcnc?

I don´t know where to set up the IDN´s in TwinCAT, in the Tutorials it was mentioned to first set up the drive and then let TwinCAT configure the PDO and the Telegrams.
I saved my Drives Parameters after the Initial Setup of the Motor and Encoder in Indraworks, when i change the Master Communication to Ethercat CoE and i reboot the drive, i can not get the Drive in OP state under Linuxcnc, it only boots in INIT state, and the Status light on the Ethernet jack don´t show any Activity. it seems that TwinCAT is needed to Setup the PDO´s and some other settings. I don´t know much about EtherCAT and/or Rexroth Servodrives to tell what´s going on in the background. I tried to get the drive working without TwinCAT but was not succesfull so far.

I also tried this way Linuxcnc ethercat vs Indradrive rexroth HCS01

But i don´t speak Czech, and the Translation from Google Chrome is sometimes a bit Tricky to understand.

And also the Configuration tutorial for IndraDrives don´t get me very far, in both Tutorials is TwinCAT or the Ethercat Configurator used to Change/Map the Drives PDO´s

But these Tutorials are rarther old and the actual Firmware and XML configuration file from Rexroth is capable to use Canopen over EtherCAT (cia402) to control the drive, And the Tutorials are meant for Servo over EtherCAT.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2021 20:42 by jc2ktr. Reason: Edit

More
14 Feb 2021 21:07 #198841 by db1981
Linuxcnc ethercat can also do native SoE Drives.
What ServoDrive is this exactly?
Do you have an working Twincat Setup for your drive?
If yes, please select the drive in the left tree -> right click -> export box,
select the drive in the left tree -> actions menu -> export xml.

post the .tce and the .xml file.

More
14 Feb 2021 21:44 #198850 by jc2ktr

Linuxcnc ethercat can also do native SoE Drives.
What ServoDrive is this exactly?
Do you have an working Twincat Setup for your drive?
If yes, please select the drive in the left tree -> right click -> export box,
select the drive in the left tree -> actions menu -> export xml.

post the .tce and the .xml file.

It is an Rexroth HCS01.1E-W0009-A-02-B-ET-EC-NN-L4-NN-FW with the Firmware version MPB20V26.

What do you mean with working TwinCAT Setup? I can Enable the Drive and jog it around, but not very far and then it gets a Position Following Error.

I can post the Files tomorrow when i´am in the Office/Shop where my Testbench is.

Thank you for your help so far.

More
14 Feb 2021 21:53 #198853 by db1981
okay, please post also your indraworks version and the config file.

More
15 Feb 2021 11:31 - 15 Feb 2021 11:32 #198918 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Ethercat HAL driver
these is interesting thanks db1981
Last edit: 15 Feb 2021 11:32 by bkt.

More
15 Feb 2021 12:13 #198924 by jc2ktr

okay, please post also your indraworks version and the config file.

My IndraWOrksDS is 15V10

i packed Various files in a zip File.
Like 2 INdraworks parameter Files, the Twincat Project .tnzip, Rexroths Device description and the TwinCAT XML and XTI.

I did not find a Entry to save the Drive as .tce file.

It were also possible to grant you acces over TeamViewer or Anydesk if neccesary.

Great Thanks Sven

File Attachment:

File Name: Antrieb8In...2-15.zip
File Size:58 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Feb 2021 15:31 #198941 by db1981
Hello Sven,

tce is twincat 2, but its ok so....

Are the indraworks par files working configurations?
Is controlling from the motor with indraworks ok? I can't find an assigned motor-encoder.... (but i haven't used indraworks before)

What will be your planned setup? Cyclic Position Mode - Current and Velocity Controller inside the indradrive - Position Controller in Linuxcnc or in the drive?

More
15 Feb 2021 15:50 #198943 by jc2ktr

Hello Sven,

tce is twincat 2, but its ok so....

Are the indraworks par files working configurations?
Is controlling from the motor with indraworks ok? I can't find an assigned motor-encoder.... (but i haven't used indraworks before)

What will be your planned setup? Cyclic Position Mode - Current and Velocity Controller inside the indradrive - Position Controller in Linuxcnc or in the drive?

Yes the Indraworks files are Working. In Indraworks i can control the Drive and move it or give it cyclic position Values, and it moves. only the Ethercat parameter file is messed up and the Motor is not moving in Correct scaling.

I can even control it under Linuxcnc and jog it around.

I want to use the Cyclic Position Mode under LinuxCNC as far as possible, it is functioning at the moment except the false messed up Parameters.

I´ve done a comparison in Indraworks of the two parameter Files and used VScode to alter the EtherCAT .par file to match with the Ethernet one. except those entries which are for the MasterCommunication.

Even it is a trial and error Method.

Thanks Sven

More
15 Feb 2021 16:01 - 15 Feb 2021 16:04 #198944 by db1981
ok, maybe encoder 1 is not displayed correct in offline mode.... What kind of motorencoder did you select for X4?

Cyclic Position Mode, Control Loop in the drive. That meens no PID in Linuxcnc, all tuning is made in indraworks. Right?
Last edit: 15 Feb 2021 16:04 by db1981.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds