Ethercat HAL driver

More
13 Jul 2016 06:16 #77371 by zerix
Replied by zerix on topic Ethercat HAL driver
First, I installed linuxcnc then installed EtherCAT realtime HAL driver follow section installation from wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EtherCatDriver. Finnaly, I installed Ethercat master from www.etherlab.org/de/ethercat/index.php follow instruction in installation archive. I downloaded linuxcnc 2.7, then i downloaded linuxcnc 2.6. PC is 64-bit bitness. when i create coonection between master and slave, master tries to find slaves, but it can't. slave show that ethercat port switch on. ethercat green LED switch on, but there is no data exchange. mater writes that it "waiting for device(s)..." and "Link: DOWN"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 07:01 #77372 by sirop
Replied by sirop on topic Ethercat HAL driver

First, I installed linuxcnc then installed EtherCAT realtime HAL driver follow section installation from wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EtherCatDriver. Finnaly, I installed Ethercat master from www.etherlab.org/de/ethercat/index.php follow instruction in installation archive. I downloaded linuxcnc 2.7, then i downloaded linuxcnc 2.6. PC is 64-bit bitness. when i create coonection between master and slave, master tries to find slaves, but it can't. slave show that ethercat port switch on. ethercat green LED switch on, but there is no data exchange. mater writes that it "waiting for device(s)..." and "Link: DOWN"

1. Was it the installation method with deb packages from wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EtherCatDriver ?
If so, you installed 32 bit version for wheezy which is above all of 28-Jan-2015 , so not the latest.
If this installation methods somehow succeeded, then a version of EtherLab master was also installed.

2. You write that you then installed an EtherLab master. If this part of installation also succeeded, then you might have now two concurrent versions of EtherLab masters ...

So rather begin with a clean Linux and to keep it short:
1. Install this github.com/sittner/ec-debianize .
2. Then install this github.com/sittner/linuxcnc-ethercat
The following user(s) said Thank You: zerix

More
13 Jul 2016 08:47 #77374 by DaPeace
Replied by DaPeace on topic Ethercat HAL driver
Hey Guys,
i want to use a EL7041 (without the 0000) to drive one axis of my mill.
The other axis are stepper-drives that get the step/dir-signal from a lpt-breakout.

I want to use the internal counter to drive the stepper and dont want to use any encoder.

Ive setup the maximum current and the voltage according the drive-specs and powersupply.
My question is: in TwinCAT i can choose predefined pdo-assigments.
What do i need to choose to use that stepperdrive in linuxcnc without encoder?

Regards, Jan

More
13 Jul 2016 09:56 #77375 by sirop

Hey Guys,
i want to use a EL7041 (without the 0000) to drive one axis of my mill.
The other axis are stepper-drives that get the step/dir-signal from a lpt-breakout.

I want to use the internal counter to drive the stepper and dont want to use any encoder.
Regards, Jan

The Pdo entries (their hex indexes) as used in EL7041 are enumerated in these lines:
github.com/sittner/linuxcnc-ethercat/blo...041_1000.c#L160-L216 .

So if your question is about changing this hardcoded PDO setup within linuxcnc-ethercat,
then you either have to edit lcec_el7041_1000.c or use a generic component setup.

If you have questions wrt generic component, feel free to ask.

More
13 Jul 2016 10:07 #77376 by DaPeace
Replied by DaPeace on topic Ethercat HAL driver
cgc wrote in this thread that the EL7041-1000-driver is working. I can load it without getting problems.
But as far as i understood i need to pre-configure the driver via twincat and in twincat i can select different drivemodes that deliver different pdos.. my question is what i need to setup to get that working without changing anything inside the driver?

More
13 Jul 2016 10:39 #77379 by sirop

cgc wrote in this thread that the EL7041-1000-driver is working. I can load it without getting problems.
But as far as i understood i need to pre-configure the driver via twincat and in twincat i can select different drivemodes that deliver different pdos.. my question is what i need to setup to get that working without changing anything inside the driver?

If the hard coded PDO entries for EL7041 within linuxcnc-ethercat is that which you need, then
you do not have to change anything.

If you need some other DOs, then you need edit lcec_el7041_1000.c or use a generic component setup.

Page 126 ff. of download.beckhoff.com/download/document/...rminals/el70x1en.pdf
tells you about default and non-default PDO assignment.

More
13 Jul 2016 12:12 #77385 by zerix

1. Was it the installation method with deb packages from wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EtherCatDriver ?
If so, you installed 32 bit version for wheezy which is above all of 28-Jan-2015 , so not the latest.
If this installation methods somehow succeeded, then a version of EtherLab master was also installed.

2. You write that you then installed an EtherLab master. If this part of installation also succeeded, then you might have now two concurrent versions of EtherLab masters ...

So rather begin with a clean Linux and to keep it short:
1. Install this github.com/sittner/ec-debianize .
2. Then install this github.com/sittner/linuxcnc-ethercat

I reinstall linux and try to install this programms, but resulte doesn't change. master tries to find slaves, but find nothing. slave blinks ethercat-LED. Master is "waiting for device(s)..."

More
13 Jul 2016 12:28 - 13 Jul 2016 12:28 #77387 by sirop

I reinstall linux and try to install this programms, but resulte doesn't change. master tries to find slaves, but find nothing. slave blinks ethercat-LED. Master is "waiting for device(s)..."

It is hard for me to guess what went wrong. Even if no PDOs are configured on your slave,
ethercat slaves
should yield the slaves seen on the network. Maybe, a hardware problem? Do you need to use a crossover cable for your slave?
Waht about the ERROR (ERR) LED ?

Otherwise, please provide the exact installation steps of EtherLAB master and linuxcnc-ethercat component as well as the output of ethercat slaves command.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2016 12:28 by sirop. Reason: typo

More
13 Jul 2016 12:55 #77389 by zerix

It is hard for me to guess what went wrong. Even if no PDOs are configured on your slave,
ethercat slaves
should yield the slaves seen on the network. Maybe, a hardware problem? Do you need to use a crossover cable for your slave?
Waht about the ERROR (ERR) LED ?

Otherwise, please provide the exact installation steps of EtherLAB master and linuxcnc-ethercat component as well as the output of ethercat slaves command.

steps:
1st Download ethercat master from IgH
2nd Untar the file: tar xvfj ethercat-1.5.2.tar.bz2
3rd download debian folder from sittner
4th copy debian folder (3rd step) to /ethercat-1.5.2/ (2nd step)
5th sittner instructions:
#cd ethercat-1.5.2
# cd debian
# ./configure -a
# cd ..
# dpkg-checkbuilddeps (and install missing deps)
# dpkg-buildpackage

You get two files some files: ethercat_1.5.2-1_i386.deb, ethercat-dev_1.5.2-1_i386.deb .....

6th # sudo dpkg -i ethercat_1.5.2-1_i386.deb
7th edit /etc/default/ethercat with your configuration (in the file there are useful comments)
8th # sudo update-ethercat-config
9th # sudo dpkg -i ethercat-dev_1.5.2-1_i386.deb
10th restart the machine to get the driver loaded at start.
Then try ethercat connection, but it doesn,t work. then i try to install second package. steps:
1)git clone github.com/sittner/linuxcnc-ethercat.git linuxcnc-ethercat
2) cd linuxcnc-ethercat
3)make
4) sudo make install
finally, i try again ethercat connection, result doesn't change.
Servo invertores uses usual ethernet cable. Error LEDs don't blink or switch on.
Command "ethercat slaves" does nothing. it seems like:
#ethercat slaves
#
And nothing more.

More
13 Jul 2016 13:42 #77395 by sirop

Servo invertores uses usual ethernet cable. Error LEDs don't blink or switch on.
Command "ethercat slaves" does nothing. it seems like:
#ethercat slaves
#
And nothing more.

Sometime IN and OUT ports of an EtherCAT drive are mixed up,
see page 11 of www.delta.com.tw/product/em/motion/motio...E_UM_EN_20150430.pdf .
Did you also follow Chapter 2 of the user manual?

You might try look through dmesg output... Nothing else comes to my mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zerix

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds