Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

11 Jan 2024 21:28

Connecting Multiple Smart Serial Devices to a 7i76e

Category: Driver Boards

I might add you can flash the 7i76E with the correct firmware with my Mesa Configuration Tool.

JT

Thanks JT
11 Jan 2024 20:01

LinuxCNC PNCconf error on RasPi 4

Category: PnCConf Wizard

Hello,I am running LinuxCNC (2.72) on a intel pc for some years successful. Now the harddrive on the intel pc is broken and I would like to run LinuxCNC on a RasPi 4.I created the raspi image and I booted the raspi and now I am trying to create the configuration using PNCconf.When I try to finish the X Motor settings I get an error PNCConf encountered an Error ......locale.Error: unsupported locale settingCan anybody help me to fix this problem, so that I can configure my cnc on a raspi 4, please. (I cannot use the config files from the older version, because there are some changes in the config file /s, and I am pretty sure I have to create now config files for version 2.9.2.I am using a Mesa Card 7i76e (which was/is successfully used by my old config)Any help is highly appreciatedBest regards Hartmut

11 Jan 2024 19:15

XHC-WHB04B-6 and LinuxCNC 2.9.1

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Hello Andi,
thank you so much, i know the Video of talla83, this guy is a pretty well teacher of Linuxcnc.
Today i tested a lot of things it different versions of Linuxcnc, and i have a hot suspect of the source of this problem.
With the version 2.8.4. with a configuration of a Mesa 7i76e is working very well, with the same configuration but with a Mesa 7i96S doesnt work the Jogwheel of the xhc-whb04b-6.
I rewritten the configuration by of the Mesa 7i76e to a Mesa 7i96S manually and its working too.
My big suspect is the pncconf program, i am sure here get the Hal a value that prevented to work the xhc-whb04b-6.
Tomorrow i will check something about the values in the hal, because i need to understand the source of the problem.
I will report my experience.
I see, a lot of people here has exactly the same problem.
10 Jan 2024 20:02 - 10 Jan 2024 20:02
Replied by 0x2102 on topic Spindle config EtherCAT

Spindle config EtherCAT

Category: EtherCAT

I haven't done nor tested this but the CIA402 comp should work for your spindle in CSV (velocity mode).

I would probably use Pncconf to generate a test machine with a Mesa 7i76e for example and Spindle StepGen.

Use the test machine HAL to copy out the spindle section, remove the stepgen lines and connect our velocity-cmd and velocity-fb to the CIA402 comp.

Connect and set your Spindle CIA402 to CSV mode.
10 Jan 2024 11:06

I might add you can flash the 7i76E with the correct firmware with my Mesa Configuration Tool.

JT
10 Jan 2024 00:04

Which linux distro is easiest to start with to select for LinuxCNX as of today?

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

If I go for parallel port at first, how much kHz I can expect?

1kHz up to 50kHz, that depends only on the PC used, but the usual range is 10-25kHz.

If I am to look for a MESA, what to start with with good value per $?

Mesa 7i96S, this can be found quite often in stock.
All Mesa boards are very good value per $, that is a given, finding Mesa boards has become quite hard, despite PCW doing everything possible to keep a steady stream.
Other boards
7i92T
7i76E
7i95T
09 Jan 2024 22:41 - 09 Jan 2024 23:45

Glad I asked.
So it's a point to point system like RS-232 but better. Got it.
09 Jan 2024 22:16

The reason we chose RS-422 is that:

1. All communications are done in parallel (so speed is the same regardless of the number of devices)
2. No marginal RS-485 termination issues (Async RS-485 devices need kludgy bias resistors to define the state
of the un-driven bus so suffer from lowered noise immunity compared to always driven full duplex RS-422)

I am very greatfull for that, i still have traumas from using RS232 and RS485, a lot! :)
09 Jan 2024 22:00

Each SSerial device needs its own channel (they are RS-422 full duplex devices, not RS-485
half duplex) So you would need a 7I74, 7I85 (or just a SP491 chip wired to and expansion port)
to have more than the one built-in SSerial port on the 7I76E.

The reason we chose RS-422 is that:

1. All communications are done in parallel (so speed is the same regardless of the number of devices)
2. No marginal RS-485 termination issues (Async RS-485 devices need kludgy bias resistors to define the state
of the un-driven bus so suffer from lowered noise immunity compared to always driven full duplex RS-422)
09 Jan 2024 21:56

Nope each smart serial device requires it’s own smart serial channel.
So for 2 smart serial devices you need 2 channels.

The 7i74 plugs into a Mesa db25 connector but you’ll need firmware to suit store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=produc...83_87&product_id=117
09 Jan 2024 21:51

I do not think so, pretty sure each needs it's own channel.
So far i have always used a 7i74 to connect multiple SSerial devices, it can do 8 channels and it needs a DB25 to IDC26 cable, both easily found.
Might also need changing the firmware on 7i76E.
As usual, might want to wait for PCW as he knows best.
09 Jan 2024 21:41

So I have been contemplating using a 7i73 and a 7i71 connected to a 7i76e's smart serial line. However I have never done
it , and so far my searches have come up with little. As I understand it they work on the RS-422 protocol . If I understand that
correctly you have to run it kind of daisy chained. Meaning the cable probably runs to the 7i73 then from the 7i73 to the 7i71
then you have to set the device in the middle (7i73) to un-terminated (W10 W11 down) and the 7i71 to terminated
(W10, W11 up). Correct?

08 Jan 2024 18:33

Mesa 7i76e Spindel Setup in LinuxCNC Configuration

Category: Basic Configuration

Oh no, i did not had this.

Now it works.. Thank you very much PCW. You brought my maschine to life!
Main things should work for now..
08 Jan 2024 17:49

Stepper Treiber Alarm Ausgang

Category: Deutsch

Ein timedelay wäre ein Möglichkeit. Würde aber im Ernstfall auch bedeuten das die Maschine Zeitverzögert abschaltet. Vielleicht kann ein Power On taster helfen die Maschine einzuschalten. Solange der Taster gedrückt wird ist der Fehler quittiert. Und hat der Antrieb wirklich ein Problem dann geht die Maschine nach loslassen des Tasters wieder in Störung.
Zu deinem NotAus. 
Ich habe alle Antriebe mit dem *amp-fault-in Signal verbunden. So gibt es auch gleich Meldung wer schmerzen hat.
Wenn du ihn zusätzlich auch mit in den Notaus haben möchtest gibt die E-stop kette.
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/man/man9/estop_latch.9.html
Habe so meine Messtaster eingebunden. 
net toolsensor     <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i84.0.1.input-23-not
net toolsensor    => estop-latch.1.fault-in 
07 Jan 2024 21:02 - 07 Jan 2024 21:03

Mesa 7i76e Spindel Setup in LinuxCNC Configuration

Category: Basic Configuration

Do you have:

addf near.0 servo-thread

in your hal file?
Displaying 256 - 270 out of 638 results.
Time to create page: 1.128 seconds