Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry)

07 Dec 2023 04:54 - 07 Dec 2023 05:11

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Still waiting on SPI patches. Not too sure how much traction it will get. Will probably need someone to join in and make some noise. I've lodged an issue on github, but no responses.

Maybe someone may like to ask a question on the emc mailing, as I can't do that myself. And the reasons why are not up for discussion.
07 Dec 2023 02:06 - 07 Dec 2023 02:09
Replied by chuckp47 on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

I installed this image (drive.google.com/file/d/1H_q0Ra-27ZDOhqu...x1f/view?usp=sharing) and it boots on my Pi5. Latency seems much better than Pi4. Is this the most recent thing?  I thought I saw something about SPI patches?
04 Dec 2023 18:23 - 04 Dec 2023 21:34
Replied by elovalvo on topic Locations of LinuxCNC

Locations of LinuxCNC

Hi.
This Links don´t work  !!!
i need Install Linuxcnc 2.10 , where I see the .deb File ?

Thanks

At the moment these links are available:
(tested on Debian Bookworm)
linuxcnc-uspace_2.10.0~pre0_arm64.deb
linuxcnc-uspace-dev_2.10.0~pre0_arm64.deb 

The new .deb files, updated to 1 December 2023, can be found in the file linuxcnc_2.10.0~pre0_arm64.zip  at this link. 

linuxcnc_2.10.0~pre0_arm64.zip

This version works on both 
- Pi 4 ( forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...-pi-5?start=0#285240)
and 
- Pi 5 (forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...-pi-5?start=0#285243)
with 
Raspberry Pi OS with desktop
Release date: October 10th 2023
System: 64-bit
Kernel version: 6.1
Debian version: 12 (bookworm)
04 Dec 2023 14:30

Window moves/rescales on editing program, sound error, MDI to jog error.(2.9.1)

Category: Gmoccapy

I have encountered various weird issues since installing LinuxCNC 2.9.1 on my raspberry 4.
I have a previous thread about it here www.forum.linuxcnc.org/39-pncconf/50549-...nd-mesa-7i96?start=0 more related to PnCConf issues. I figure this is more gmoccappy related so a new thread seemed more reasonable.

Problem 1:
Everytime I edit a program, the window rescales/becomes bigger. After editing a program ~10 times, it's now so big I can't even reach the edit button.
After restarting LinuxCNC everything is back to normal and I can afford myself another ~10 edits.. Any idea what could cause this/how to fix?

Problem 2:
Everytime there's an error, I get an extra error window complaining that gmocapy can't find or can't play a sound. No idea where to even start troubleshooting this one.

Problem 3:
I have reoccuring issues switching from MDI to jog mode. It seems I get stuck in either.
I start LinuxCNC, enable machine and jogging works but I cannot type in MDI mode. I have to right click and then leftclick in MDI to be able to type anything at all. If I only leftclick it selects the field but it's like the keyboard doesn't work.
Once I can type in MDI, the jogging no longer work, even if I change to jogging or program screen/menu.
Only way to make jogging work again is to disable and enable the machine, which makes MDI not work. And around it goes...
Any ideas what could cause this, how to fix, where to look etc?

Any help is much appreciated!
03 Dec 2023 21:07

locale error: unsurported local setting on Raspberry Pi 4

Category: PnCConf Wizard

The missing local was the:
en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

I only needed this one activated. Now everything works.
03 Dec 2023 17:39

Debian 12 - 2.10 master branch image for the Raspberry Pi 4b/400

Hello. I'm new to the forum. During the day I'm an embedded firmware guy. I've built products using the RPi4 (CM4) and an Olimex Lime board. I want to use LinuxCNC to control an ornamental lathe. I've got an RPi5 here now, as well as a Mesa 7c81 with an RPi4 on its back. I know I have more questions than I can post right now, but I look forward to learning more here. I'm particularly interested in how the RPi5 port is coming.

Here's the result of the latency plot on the 4G RPi4b running the LinuxCNC 2.9.1 Debian 12 Bookworm PREEMPT-RT ISO.  Doesn't look too good,  Is this normal?  We're planning to use DM542 style drivers, so maybe it doesn't have to be perfect, but...  I guess I should try the RTAI based one.  Or maybe I should just jump into the RPi5 project?
02 Dec 2023 20:57 - 02 Dec 2023 20:58

Thank you for your help.
I brute forced it, by activating all locals. (After figuring out, that I have to use the "Spacebar" to activate the different settings xD)
It works, but I will try which one is the problem.
Next try I only activated only the de_ an en_ ones, which also worked
I´ll post the right one in this thread in the future.
02 Dec 2023 16:16

How to tell if i have a 7i96 or 7i96s

Hi all I am upgrading my system from Raspberry Pi to PC and do not remember if I have a 7i96 or 7i96S is there a way to tell and what firmware is running? 
Also, should I upgrade the firmware if I have not touched it since it was built back in June of 2021.  I see the PnCConf Wizard now has firmware options to pick from.  
02 Dec 2023 16:16

How to tell if i have a 7i96 or 7i96s

Hi all I am upgrading my system from Raspberry Pi to PC and do not remember if I have a 7i96 or 7i96S is there a way to tell and what firmware is running? 
Also, should I upgrade the firmware if I have not touched it since it was built back in June of 2021.  I see the PnCConf Wizard now has firmware options to pick from.  
01 Dec 2023 22:20
01 Dec 2023 08:23

I´m not sure, what to do.
I checked the locales and everything seems fine.

(don´t mind my tipo)
30 Nov 2023 20:59
30 Nov 2023 19:48

Hey everyone,
After using Intel Nucs for my Mill, I thought I try it on the small Raspberry Pi 4 for my Lathe.
But I encountered a Problems in the PnCConf Wizard.
Step bevor error:
Install the newest Linuxcnc Image for RP4 via Raspberry Pi Imager (No settings aplied)
Chance keyboard layout to german
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install network-manager*
Change the ethernet IP Adress to 10.10.10.1
Start PnCConf Wizard
Select 7i76s
Do the first couple of pages until the page for the X-Motor comes up. (nothing special there)
Input a Value into the stepper Scale
Test the Stepper= it works.
Then the following error occurs.

I can´t read anything into the error message

Since than i tried:
My 7i76e: Same error
A Intel Nuc from my Mill: No Error, works just fine
Reinstall Linuxcnc: No change
Chance Raspberry Pi: No change
Searched the forum: Didn´t find my specific problem

And now I hope, you can help me with my error

30 Nov 2023 18:16

Installing on Mint 20.3

Hi all, I am switching from my raspberry pi to a PC.  I had installed LinuxCNC on Debian 10 buster but could not get my Wifi adapter to work so I switched to Mint 20.3 and now I have my wifi working but I cannot install LinuxCNC.  i am following this forum artical LinuxCNC on Linux Mint 20 quick and nearly easy install  I get files not found error on the commands. are the links broken or is there a different proceedure to follow? 

Displaying 811 - 825 out of 1060 results.
Time to create page: 0.853 seconds