Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry pi 3)

26 Nov 2023 04:10 - 26 Nov 2023 05:04

In using ECR60+NPN(GPIO), I encountered an issue.

Category: EtherCAT

After following the documentation to compile and configure everything, there were no errors during runtime. Additionally, I would like to point out a mistake in the documentation: 'joint.N.is_custom-homing' should be 'joint.N.is-custom-homing', otherwise it results in an error.
[EMCMOT]
EMCMOT = motmod
COMM_TIMEOUT = 1.000
BASE_PERIOD = 200000
SERVO_PERIOD = 1000000
HOMEMOD = armcnc_homecomp
#*******************
# AXIS X
#*******************

net x-pos-cmd <= joint.0.motor-pos-cmd
net x-vel-cmd <= joint.0.vel-cmd
net x-pos-fb <= joint.0.motor-pos-fb
net x-enable <= joint.0.amp-enable-out

net x-pos-cmd => cia402.0.pos-cmd
net x-pos-fb => cia402.0.pos-fb
net x-enable => cia402.0.enable

setp cia402.0.csp-mode 1
setp cia402.0.pos-scale 10000

net x-statusword lcec.0.0.cia-statusword => cia402.0.statusword
net x-opmode-display lcec.0.0.opmode-display => cia402.0.opmode-display
net x-drv-act-pos lcec.0.0.actual-position => cia402.0.drv-actual-position
net x-drv-act-velo lcec.0.0.actual-velocity => cia402.0.drv-actual-velocity

net x-controlword cia402.0.controlword => lcec.0.0.cia-controlword
net x-modes-of-operation cia402.0.opmode => lcec.0.0.opmode
net x-drv-target-pos cia402.0.drv-target-position => lcec.0.0.target-position
net x-drv-target-velo cia402.0.drv-target-velocity => lcec.0.0.target-velocity

net debounce-home-x debounce.1.0.in <= armcncio.gpio.x-home
net both-home-x debounce.1.0.out

net both-home-x => joint.0.home-sw-in
net both-home-x => joint.0.neg-lim-sw-in
net both-home-x => joint.0.pos-lim-sw-in

net x-request-custom-homing <= joint.0.request-custom-homing
net x-is-custom-homing => joint.0.is-custom-homing

Following the above configuration, the problem still persists. When homing, the motor moves, but the tool position in the AXIS simulation does not change.

I am hoping to use a different GPIO connection for homing operations, such as the GPIO17 on a Raspberry Pi, instead of the internal method of the EtherCAT driver. I am not sure if the method you mentioned supports such an operation?
26 Nov 2023 02:25 - 26 Nov 2023 02:30

Debian 12 - Bookworm Live installer ISO for linuxcnc (x86_64)

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

That raspberry pi bug seems to have returned to Debian core code. Its not a Linuxcnc thing

It never left, Rod, not in this ISO you provided. I am aware you mentioned several times you fixed it, apparently it is still there.
12.1 and 12.2 BookWorm do not have this issue, 12.0 did since it's pre-release.
Did not have time to check the official ISO version yet although i had downloaded it before it was released to public, bumped into it by accident! :)
Edit:
Question, when you do a new ISO build, did you delete absolutely everything before starting?
The working folder must be clean, otherwise... this happens.
26 Nov 2023 00:52

Issues with Raspberry Pi4 and Mesa 7i96

Category: PnCConf Wizard

I don't know. HOw do you do it?
26 Nov 2023 00:51

Debian 12 - Bookworm Live installer ISO for linuxcnc (x86_64)

From the screen dump, you have nothing to upgrade so its not an issue.
That raspberry pi bug seems to have returned to Debian core code. Its not a Linuxcnc thing
SO the error is in relation to the  rasppi firmware it thinks is installed.

try sudo apt remove z50-raspi-firmware or
sudo apt remove raspi-firmware if it errors
26 Nov 2023 00:27

Hey rod when you compiled the kernel did you set the governor default to performance ?
25 Nov 2023 22:48

Beginner: RPi Pico as a board

Category: Driver Boards

Well, if you decide to try any of the remora STM options, let me know. The my lathe is using an encoder with 16384 ppr to get spindle speed without issue, and 200 pulse/mm is definitely do-able with remora.

Also, your link doesnt work when I click it, which is odd, it looks the same url.
iosoft.blog/2020/07/16/raspberry-pi-smi/
25 Nov 2023 22:29 - 25 Nov 2023 23:27

Beginner: RPi Pico as a board

Category: Driver Boards

Wow, a big thanks to all who replied here!

I'm attempting to process it all, so by my simple math my 5um scales will generate 200 pulses per mm, can hal_gpio on RPi4 support me moving my wee lathe handles as fast as I could without dropping pulses, from what I read it should do that no problem?

In saying this I was kinda wanting a digital RPM readout (and maybe it's phase 1 of an ELS) on the lathe (I have installed a 1024PPR encoder driven by the headstock spindle) which I think gives 4096PPR, so at 2000RPM that would be like 140K pulses per second...but this is definitely a future project (after I added a VFD/3PH) and if I was just using it for RPM (no ELS) then I would probably swap out the encoder for something simpler...

​​​​​​The priority is definately getting MDRO up on my lathe for the two TTL scales.

I did run MachineKit for a while, I do have a DE0 but that was all a bit too hard.

Blackpill look interesting, I don't think I have one of these boards though.  Same with BBB.

I also read the RPi5 has a half hidden PIO thats better than the RP2040s one.

In addition this looks interesting, maybe as an interface to use instead of SPI:
Pi SMI
25 Nov 2023 22:20

You may have lost some latency reducing setup when you upgraded

On the RPI4 I think isolcpus 2,3 and force turbo mode are usually required

isolcpus and a couple of other latency reducing settings are already set in the 2.9.1 image. Following another thread may have broken things.

I would reinstall. This image should replace the one on the downloads page when Andy gets to it. It does not make any real changes, just sets up the apt environment better for future updates and also include networkmanager because people did not know the wifi could be configured using sudo menu-config

drive.google.com/file/d/12poZ2QAoC4vhvuJ...CN2/view?usp=sharing
25 Nov 2023 21:40

Not sure whats going on but it sounds like something
generic is broken in the LinuxCNC/OS configuration

What kind of latency do you get if you run the latency histogram?

latency-histogram --nobase --sbinsize 1000

25 Nov 2023 21:13

Searched around regarding isolcpus and force turbo mode, found this thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...th-preempt-rt-kernel

Used this:
echo -n 'isolcpus=1,2,3 idle=poll processor.max_cstate=1' | sudo tee -a /boot/cmdline.txt
echo -n 'performance' | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
and
echo -n 'force_turbo=1' | sudo tee -a /boot/config.txt
Not sure if that's correct but it seems to show up in the right files.
Restarted the pi after this.

Unfortunately this seems to have made the problem worse.
As soon as I start linuxCNC I now get "error queueing read".

25 Nov 2023 20:18

You may have lost some latency reducing setup when you upgraded

On the RPI4 I think isolcpus 2,3 and force turbo mode are usually required
25 Nov 2023 19:19

Back at it. Was trying to use G71 but seems it didn't exist in the version I had installed.
This pushed me to install "linuxcnc-2.9.1-bookworm-rpi4.img.xz" from linuxcnc.org/docs/html/getting-started/getting-linuxcnc.html.
After having a bunch of issues(seems menu-config didn't correctly set locale) I managed to get it semi-working.

New problem is I'm getting "hm2/hm2_7i96.0: error finishing write!" which seems to make the mesa card throw an error and stop working.
This happens within a minute of starting LinuxCNC but also happens if I test the axis in PnCConf.
Only change here is that I've upgraded to 2.9.1, previously it worked fine even after an hour. So I suspect it's software related.

I've been searching the forum and found some threads but I'm not understanding things.
-From what I gather this could be due to latency spikes in the network communication?
-A possible 'fix' is to change what kernel I'm using, but how do I change kernel?
-Another thing I've seen mentioned is to increase servo period but does not seem to fix the issue?

Any help is much appreciated as I'm yet again stuck so close to the finish line.

25 Nov 2023 16:52

2.9.1 bookworm image install problems

Hello everyone! I am relatively new to linuxCNC, as well as linux overall and am having trouble installing the 2.9.1 bookworm image (found on the linux cnc downloads page) onto my  Raspberry Pi 4 (8 gig version). The current problem is that after the install it asks for a user name and password to login. I have tried to use the Raspberry pi imager to set the password prior to install with no success. How should I move forward? Is there a previous release that may work? Is there another method to get LinuxCNC on my PI? 
25 Nov 2023 06:03

Debian 12 - 2.10 master branch image for the Raspberry Pi 4b/400

Checked that the governor is set to performance.

But yeah if it is overheating it will throttle down. A heatsink\fan might help.

But if the NUC is ok I'd stick with that.
25 Nov 2023 02:33

Debian 12 - 2.10 master branch image for the Raspberry Pi 4b/400

Thanks for the info and the time you put in making the PI image. I must just have a bum pi4, I get the sculls error at boot but it boots up and runs. I downloaded the image you have linked to this thread and loaded my config after setting the network interface to 10.10.10.1 and leaving wifi off, I ran it for a bit and I got realtime servo thread errors and then the joint following errors, same config runs on my I5 Intel NUC. I wonder if my pi is is overheating or has some other hardware issue. I need to find another pi4 and try again. Thanks!
Displaying 841 - 855 out of 1058 results.
Time to create page: 1.000 seconds