Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • jc2ktr
  • jc2ktr
22 Oct 2025 15:23
Replied by jc2ktr on topic Festo CMMT-ST

Festo CMMT-ST

Category: EtherCAT

Sorry for the late Answer,

yes i had this Error in Festo Automation Suite too first. I don´t really know what i´ve done that it works now.
 

File Attachment:

File Name: cmmt.ini
File Size:2 KB
 

File Attachment:

File Name: EtherCAT_CMMT.hal
File Size:4 KB
 

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat_CMMT.xml
File Size:2 KB

i put my working config in the Attachments.

 
  • RotarySMP
  • RotarySMP's Avatar
22 Oct 2025 15:06
Replied by RotarySMP on topic Lathe Macros

Lathe Macros

Category: Other User Interfaces

Thanks Andy. It was easy enough to edit the infeed angle for that one thread, and I did remember to edit it back, but having a conversational entry for this would be nice.
  • Routerworks
  • Routerworks
22 Oct 2025 14:50

How to create profile for path that is not closed loop

Category: CAD CAM

For what it is worth, I have been working with Inkscape and find it is excellent for creating engraving paths and generating g code. Much easier than using Freecad. However Blender still seems the best for bas reliefs and generating their g code. Freecad has is best for CAD drawings and generating milling g code. Image2gcode may be on option however I use a windows computer for developing my g code and linuxcnc strictly for operating my router.

Your seggestion of using inkscape for carvings or engraving makes life much much easier than the other routes. These softwares seem to be the big three for coverng 2D to 3D g code with free software.
Thanks again for your advise as it is saving me tons of time generating engraving paths from curved drawings or text.

Thanks again
  • Gartenzwerg
  • Gartenzwerg
22 Oct 2025 14:30
Replied by Gartenzwerg on topic Tipps für aktuelle LinuxCNC Hardware gesucht

Tipps für aktuelle LinuxCNC Hardware gesucht

Category: Deutsch

..ich antworte mir mal selbst:

Bin nochmal aufmerksam durch beide Dateien gegangen, und habe ein paar Fehler gefunden und ausgebessert.

Jetzt fahren alle Achsen, und auch die Endschalter funktionieren.

Einzig die Spindelsteuerung fehlt in der GUI, den Sprühnebel Knopf habe ich aber mittlerweile.

 

File Attachment:

File Name: diadrive20...22-2.ini
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: diadrive20...22-2.hal
File Size:9 KB
  • andypugh
  • andypugh's Avatar
22 Oct 2025 14:20

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

I think 6.1.0-30-rt should probably be OK. (though I think that the packages were built on 6.1.0.10-rt )
  • Lcvette
  • Lcvette's Avatar
22 Oct 2025 14:13
Replied by Lcvette on topic Probe Basic backplot error when loading file

Probe Basic backplot error when loading file

Category: QtPyVCP

I think this was resolved in the develop branch, multiple offsets but was something we found also, you can upgrade to the develop version which should resolve the issue
  • DerKlotz
  • DerKlotz
22 Oct 2025 13:58

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

Hello,
you answered one of my posts. Can you help me installing the right kernel. I don´t know how to do it.

"Try repeating after typing
sudo apt purge raspi-firmware
If you still gets errors, share the output of uname -r as it appears it is trying to install an incorrect kernel version. "

I got this message 6.1.0-30-rt-amd64
  • andypugh
  • andypugh's Avatar
22 Oct 2025 13:32
Replied by andypugh on topic linuxcnc.command().mdi() vs .program_open()

linuxcnc.command().mdi() vs .program_open()

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Why not just write a simple G-code program to probe your 5 points and log the data to file?
(probeopen proberesults.txt)
G53 G0 Z 100
G53 G0 X0 Y0
G38.2 Z0
G53 G0 Z100
G53 G0 X0 Y1000
G38.2 Z0
G53 G0 Z100
G53 G0 X1000 Y1000
G38.2 Z0
G53 G0 Z100
G53 G0 X1000 Y0
G38.2 Z0
G53 G0 Z100
G53 G0 X500 Y500
G38.2 Z0
G53 G0 Z100
(probeclose)
M2
  • newbynobi
  • newbynobi's Avatar
22 Oct 2025 13:26
  • andypugh
  • andypugh's Avatar
22 Oct 2025 13:20 - 22 Oct 2025 13:24
Replied by andypugh on topic Additional hardware-button for coolant

Additional hardware-button for coolant

Category: Gmoccapy

On my lathe I fitted a 3-position switch, labelled with "on - auto - off". This allows me to override the G-code if required, to either on or off.

The HAL to do this looks like this:
net coolant-off hm2_7i84.008a.input-25
net coolant-on hm2_7i84.008a.input-26

loadrt mux_generic config="bb4"
addf mux-gen.00 servo-thread
net coolant-off mux-gen.00.sel-bit-00
net coolant-on mux-gen.00.sel-bit-01
net coolant-flood mux-gen.00.out-bit => hm2_7i84.008a.output-08
net coolant-auto iocontrol.0.coolant-flood mux-gen.00.in-bit-00
setp mux-gen.00.in-bit-01 0
setp mux-gen.00.in-bit-02 1
setp mux-gen.00.in-bit-03 0

Possibly not the simplest way, I suppose that it could have been done with simple AND and NOT components

coolant-out = (coolant _flood OR coolant_on) AND (NOT coolant_off)

Or even LUT5.
Truth-table for LUT5
coolant_flood | 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
coolant_on    | 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
coolant_off   | 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1

coolant_out   | 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0

LUT5 Mask = 14 (0x0E)
  • TripleM
  • TripleM
22 Oct 2025 12:50

Additional hardware-button for coolant

Category: Gmoccapy

Hello,
I would like to add a hardware button for cooling, for example.
Currently, my *.hal entry looks like this:
net coolant-flood     <=  iocontrol.0.coolant-flood => hm2_7i96s.0.7i84.0.0.output-11

This allows me to switch the coolant on and off via the GUI.

How can I add the hardware button (push button)?
I want to be able to continue switching it on and off in the GUI and see that the cooling is switched on. 

Thanks   
  • Cooped-Up
  • Cooped-Up
22 Oct 2025 12:47
Replied by Cooped-Up on topic Maho MH800e Retrofit Project

Maho MH800e Retrofit Project

Category: Milling Machines

Well yesterday and this morning before work I was able to not only correct the wiring for the encoders which works now, but also figured out my issue with the 2x20 pin header wiring issue. I now realize a note I read on another document that the output is not alternating between the top and bottom row but is straight across the top then the bottom. Now that the wiring is squared away I just need to figure out the gearbox shifting logic to make the machine in theory functional. Well that and build the operating panel which the screen is on its way.
  • Unlogic
  • Unlogic
22 Oct 2025 12:43 - 22 Oct 2025 13:32
Replied by Unlogic on topic Optimum Optimill MH50V CNC conversion

Optimum Optimill MH50V CNC conversion

Category: Milling Machines

The mill has continued to work great but as I started to mill larger parts and use the full 50 cm z-height of the machine my existing chip cover proved to be inadequate with chips ending up all over my garage.

I had already increased the size of the polycarbonate chip guard once before because of this reason so this time I decided to do "the final chip guard". In all honesty a full enclosure would probably be the way to go but I don't have space for that which is why I'm sticking to chip guards that sit on the table instead.

To get started I ordered a large sheet of 4 mm polycarbonate.

 

I then started a very analog process of designing the actual size and shape using the cardboard box that the polycarbonate sheet was delivered in.

 

Once I hade the decided size and shape I purchased some aluminum extrusions which I cut slightly too long and then milled to size in order to get square corners.

 

 

 

While at it I decided to add some more polycarbonate on each side of the column to protect everything behind the machine from chips. They attach with magnets so that they can be removed just by pulling them off.

 

Here is how it looks all assembled.

 

 



The door took a bit of thought to figure out what would be the best solution so that it wouldn't be in the way for operations which don't require it to be in place.

In the end I decided to go with this design so that it's very easy to remove. When removed I just set it down on the floor in front of the machine leaning against the stand.







 
  • unknown
  • unknown
22 Oct 2025 12:39
Displaying 12331 - 12345 out of 12885 results.
Time to create page: 1.271 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum