Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • takgu
  • takgu
05 Oct 2025 06:02

Undefined Reference to hal_export_funct Linker Error in LinuxCNC HAL Component

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Hello,I am encountering a persistent linker error while building a HAL component for LinuxCNC, despite correctly identifying the location of the required function. I would appreciate any assistance from members who have experience using
hal_export_funct
. 1. The Problem I am trying to link my component, but the build fails with an "undefined reference" error for a HAL API function. 2. The Setup and Findings ItemDetailsInitial Linker Option
-L/lib -llinuxcnchal
Error Message
undefined reference to hal_export_funct
Source of ErrorI confirmed that the function
hal_export_funct
is not defined in
liblinuxcnchal.so
.Function LocationI found that
hal_export_funct
is defined in the real-time library:
/rtlib/hal_lib.so
.Attempted FixI updated the linker options in my build system (a
.pro
file using qmake) to include both libraries:
-L/lib -llinuxcnchal
and
-L/rtlib -lhal_lib
.Resulting ErrorThe linker now reports that it cannot find the
-lhal_lib
library.
Sheets로 내보내기 3. The Core Issue The linker path to the directory (
/rtlib
) is accurate, and the library file (
hal_lib.so
) containing the function is confirmed to exist there. However, the build system or linker seems unable to successfully link
-lhal_lib
.Could this issue be related to:
  1. A specific linker flag order required for real-time libraries?
  2. A misunderstanding of how the HAL and RTAPI libraries should be linked together (especially since
    hal_init
    is present in both
    liblinuxcnchal.so
    and
    hal_lib.so
    )?
  3. An incorrect way to specify the library name (
    -l
    ) when using an absolute path or a custom library path (
    -L
    ) in the build system?
Any guidance on how to correctly force the linker to recognize and use
hal_lib.so
for
hal_export_funct
would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.
  • Ayden25
  • Ayden25
05 Oct 2025 05:31
7i76eu connection issues was created by Ayden25

7i76eu connection issues

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I switched w13 and w14 as the instructions declare and I am still getting 127.0.0.1 in either default and eprom.At any rate I am getting a error on boot www.facebook.com/share/p/1BkDAYUf7Q/Fb post with the image of my error. I changed the ip of the pc to match the 127.0.0.1 to match what people are doing with 10.10.10.10 but still no luck any thoughts cant find any eu specific info or a 7i76eu specific profile on linux cnc.
  • unknown
  • unknown
05 Oct 2025 00:12
Replied by unknown on topic Installing LAN driver for RealTek 8111H

Installing LAN driver for RealTek 8111H

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

I would still fix the raspi thing, it'll bite later on.

And the kernel supplied RealTek drivers aren't the best.
Displaying 13201 - 13203 out of 13203 results.
Time to create page: 1.232 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum