Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
26 Sep 2013 12:55 #39202 by newbynobi
Halo,

If terminal says en-US then the locale settings of your computer is set to american Englisch .
So gmoccapy does everything OK if it starts in Englisch.

You can try to rename the rs folder to en, but better would be to correct the locale settings from your computer.
I had never the need to do that, so I only can tell you to check on the Ubuntu pages for a solution.

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2013 19:39 - 26 Sep 2013 19:43 #39218 by newbynobi
A quick search bring up the following to fix it:

The upshot is that you need to install the relevant language pack
sudo aptitude install language-support-en

Then set the default locale as desired
update-locale LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

Log out and log in again to pick up the default locale. Then check it with
echo $LANG

This should show the default locale set earlier.

Untestes, but may be a beginning. Sure you have to change en_GB.UTF-8 to your country, may be it is sr_RS.UTF-8

I found till now:

Serbian (Bosnia and Herzegovina) : sr_BA
Serbian (Montenegro) : sr_ME
Serbian (Serbia and Montenegro) : sr_CS
Serbian (Serbia) : sr_RS
Serbian : sr

But you told me you renamed the folder to rs, but it must be sr, shouldn't it? Check this out please!

Norbert
Last edit: 26 Sep 2013 19:43 by newbynobi.

More
27 Sep 2013 04:10 #39244 by probamo

Just serbian seems to be a language of long words;-)

Norbert,
please tell me in the Settings, in which of the three columns I have to workaround, to fit the window size, the second or the third one.

Regarding localization of 10.04, I tried so many times to install serbian in Languge Support w/o success. In fact instaltion of Serbian languge passed as a sharm, but unfortunately such installed support is not seen in the list of the languages !??? I search on Google, there are instructon how to change the language which I followed, but none. Doing this back and forth my gmoccapy slowed down while loading the application and even Estop button while pressing on it does not take my wish to start the "machine", permitting me to go on the next button to "start/stop switch".

I will use wiki instruction again to install 2.6.0 and give a fine tuning for translation.

Regarding "rs" or "sr", please keep what 10.04 accept, to me it does not matter. However, if LinuxCNC is translated on 12.04 edition, this shall be checked once again.

Cheers,

Dejan

More
27 Sep 2013 13:27 - 27 Sep 2013 13:28 #39256 by newbynobi
Halo Dejan,

it doesn't matter which column you edit. If one getting shorter the other one gets more space so the Widgets will fit in the screen.

I will look for a little bit of time and try to find a solution for you.

Did you try renaming the locale folder to "en"?

The latest push contains the translation, but the folder is called cs instead of rs, I will fix that.

You can try to enter:

LANG=rs_CS.UTF-8
export LANG

Then echo $LANG should give rs_CS.UTF-8

If you now start gmoccapy and your translation is placed in the folder "rs" the GUI should start in your language.

Please keep me informed.

Norbert
Last edit: 27 Sep 2013 13:28 by newbynobi. Reason: typo

More
28 Sep 2013 01:22 #39281 by probamo
This with LANG does not work at all :(

Nevertheless, please note the following advise for improvement:

Main display:
1. having loaded 0.9.7.4 and wanted to home each axis separately, homing X &Y were OK, but homing Z did not work displaying the message:
"cannot home while shared home switch is closed". Don't know what happened, just homed!!! Even this kind of message does not exist for translation.
However the option homeall works.
2. In JOG Rates, there is no translation for "continuous" though there is local word for such meaning at least in Serbian. The last option in rates is in Inch, not in mm. Either remove this option, and place ignore limits check box somewhere else due to symmetry or modify it in mm as well.
3. G54 is referent coordinate system, nothing to be translated, but Abs. can be. I have no option for it. The same applies for DTG and GTD
4. Show or hide tool path do not take translation.
5. When using keyboard, and jogging the axes, pressing Shift does not double the jogging speed. It should be instead.
6. Unit for velocity in main display shall be indicated

MDI display:
1. There is no option to translate Command at the top of the G-code commands.
2. Go to ZERO (home) machine would to be good to have as well as GO ZERO (home) of referent coordinate system

Settings:
1. Tuned up for windows view
2. When change the data for Spindle, min/max/starting, no changes affected in Main display but only when you restart application
3. What does mean MPG faktor?
4. What is unit for maximum velocity mm/s?

Tool page

1. No option for translation of data in new opened window, after pressing touch-off z

Automatic mod:
1. pressing button starting from the line, new window is opened, named Restart Entry, not translated
2. when you want step-by-step and press the button, what is going on? I have feeling nothing happens.

In general some of the icon are very nice, however some of them are unreasonably big (run, stop). I would change the icon for keyboard, find someone high-tech as well as for MDI. Manual and Automatic mod.

Otherwise, I may say the thing are move on in appreciated direction. Soon I will make trial run in sim mode, and hopefully the first cut as well.

Thank you so much for everything.

Hope language issue would be sorted out soon.
May I help you in any way, just let me know.
If you add more new lines for translation, please let me know.

With very best regards,
Dejan
Attachments:

More
29 Sep 2013 00:35 #39331 by newbynobi
Halo Dejan,

sorry for the late answer.

Main display:
1. having loaded 0.9.7.4 and wanted to home each axis separately, homing X &Y were OK, but homing Z did not work displaying the message:
"cannot home while shared home switch is closed". Don't know what happened, just homed!!! Even this kind of message does not exist for translation.
However the option homeall works.

That is not a problem of gmoccapy. In sim mode we use simulated home.hal, that makes the problem. If you want to home a certain axis and get that message, just jog the axis a little bit in negative direction and it will work.

2. In JOG Rates, there is no translation for "continuous" though there is local word for such meaning at least in Serbian. The last option in rates is in Inch, not in mm. Either remove this option, and place ignore limits check box somewhere else due to symmetry or modify it in mm as well.

OK, The Continious Button I missed, I fix it very soon!
The last increment is on purpose in inch, just to show, that it is possible to mix them. You can change that very easy, just edit the INI file. The buttons are generated dynamically on start, reading the INI File. See also the section "jog increment hal pins" of the WIKI.
So here is everything OK!

3. G54 is referent coordinate system, nothing to be translated, but Abs. can be. I have no option for it. The same applies for DTG and GTD

OK I will introduce this in the locale.po file.

4. Show or hide tool path do not take translation.

I check this one, Don't know why this happened.

5. When using keyboard, and jogging the axes, pressing Shift does not double the jogging speed. It should be instead.

You are right, I did not implement that jet. I will note that on my to Do List.

6. Unit for velocity in main display shall be indicated

I removed that on purpose, otherwise the label has to change according to G20 / G21.
I that really necessary?

MDI
1. There is no option to translate Command at the top of the G-code commands.

Jepp, that it unfortunately a widget whitch does not support the translation.
We have to find out who did that think and check if it would be possible to include for translation.

2. Go to ZERO (home) machine would to be good to have as well as GO ZERO (home) of referent coordinate system

Here you can do what ever you want! It is just a sample macro. Please read the MACRO section of the WIKI for more details.

Settings:
1. Tuned up for windows view
2. When change the data for Spindle, min/max/starting, no changes affected in Main display but only when you restart application
3. What does mean MPG faktor?
4. What is unit for maximum velocity mm/s?

1. Ok, looks good now, would you please send me also the po file? I need that to merge it with the new files, otherwise xou will have to translate everything again, also the steps you have done allready.
2. I will check this and fix it.
3. It is an factor witch is apllied to the counds we recieve. It is explained in detail in the WIKI section settings
4. Max Vel is in machine units per minute

Tool page
1. No option for translation of data in new opened window, after pressing touch-off z

My mistake, I will have to check that!

Automatic mod:
1. pressing button starting from the line, new window is opened, named Restart Entry, not translated
2. when you want step-by-step and press the button, what is going on? I have feeling nothing happens.

1. it is a part of gscreen, I will have to check how to include that one.
2. Every time you press that button linuxcnc will run one step, meaning one line of code and than wait for you to press the button again.

In general some of the icon are very nice, however some of them are unreasonably big (run, stop). I would change the icon for keyboard, find someone high-tech as well as for MDI. Manual and Automatic mod.

Feel free to send new icon, I will be pleased to include them. You can change them by just replacing the icon you find under /share/gscreen/skins/gmoccapy/icon/

May I help you in any way, just let me know.

A great help would be checking and adding thinks to the WIKI!
Or make VIDEOS to show gmoccapy in you tube.

Norbert

More
29 Sep 2013 03:10 #39334 by newbynobi
halo Dejan,

nearly all you mentioned is solved, I send a new patch to Chis.
As soon as he pushed that, I will give more details.

Norbert

More
29 Sep 2013 22:38 - 29 Sep 2013 23:10 #39353 by newbynobi
gmoccapy_0_9_7_5 - translation and small bugs solved

ver 0.9.7.5
- Serbian translation now included, meaning gmoccapy is now available in 4 languages,
English, German, Spanish and Serbian
- translation of the Continuous Jog Button now possible
- solved a bug, when selecting the contentious jog button when it was translated
- added ABS, DTG and GTD to translation file
- added "show or hide tool path" to translation
- corrected a bug changing spindle bar min and max values changed the widget only on restart
- added to translation the complete gscreen.py file, even if there are a lot of things
nobody need to translate, but that gives the possibility to translate the entry dialogs
and some button labels, i.e. run from line

Jorge: Would you please check the Spanish translation.
Dejan: Please add the missing translations to Serbian translation

Unfortunately I missed to change the cersion number in the handler file, so you will see still 0.9.7.4.
Sorry for that! I will make now a patch to correct that!

Norbert
Last edit: 29 Sep 2013 23:10 by newbynobi.

More
30 Sep 2013 00:07 #39361 by probamo
No problem Ićll do so, just shortlz, how can I update gmoccapy. I tried git pull but something went wrong.

Thanks

More
30 Sep 2013 00:19 #39363 by newbynobi
Halo Dejan,

a git pull should work!
What went wrong?

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds