Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
22 Oct 2013 02:47 #40145 by newbynobi
Helo probano,

I like the Icon!
Under what licence are they?
I like mdi and run( auto.), bu i miss manual mode.

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2013 02:55 #40147 by newbynobi
Halo Jim,

At the moment there is no way for you to change the button behavior, the open button in edit will disapear with the next release.

But you are able to modify the extensions of the files to show.
Please edit your ini and add a FILTER line for each extension you want to be shown. If you want to see also sh files, just add a line

sh Shell Files

To the filter section. Please take one of the existing lines as example, because i am not on my PC now, i can not tell the exact content.

Norbert

More
22 Oct 2013 03:02 #40149 by jj89074
I will look into that, thanks.

One other thing:

On my machine the optional stop button (M1) works the opposite of how I think you want it to. Right now, a programmed optional stop (M1) will occur if the button is NOT active (pressed) even though the "pop-up help text" describes it working the other way.

It could be my machine.

Thanks,

Jim

More
22 Oct 2013 03:29 - 22 Oct 2013 03:34 #40150 by mariusl
Norbert,
Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I looked at the pins and it seems ok but for one missing setting. We have a pierce gap but require a cutting gap/height as well. This is not the same as the travel height.
The "step size" setting can change to a percentage (of the feedrate) instead of the 0.0001 . I will use this in the component to adjust the z travel speed.
The lock percentage must be able to go up to 98% for very thick steel.

What happens is as follows. When we get a M03 the torched is moved towards the job at a probe speed (from the INI) until the switch is made. We know the switch offset so we travel back that much and set the z zero. Then we travel up to the pierce gap and start the torch. We wait for an arc good signal and then move the torch down to the cut height/gap. The thc looks at the up/down signals and will adjust the z up or down at a speed percentage of the feed rate. At the end of the cut the torch is retracted to the travel height. Ans the process repeats.

Edit: Oh the one thing that gets changed on the fly while cutting is the target voltage. A large plus and minus button to change the value would be very useful instead of the spinbox.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 22 Oct 2013 03:34 by mariusl.

More
22 Oct 2013 23:41 #40182 by probamo
Norbert,

all of them I have made using GIMP, therefore there is no proprietary on them. Unfortunately, for the ''keyboard'' icon I cannot find source file, though I made it too. For the others I still keep Gimp files. Therefore, feel free if you like them to use them.

Kind regards,

More
22 Oct 2013 23:41 #40183 by probamo
For manual, is JOG enough or you refer to something else?

More
23 Oct 2013 01:21 #40197 by newbynobi
Hallo probano,

i meen the ICON for the mode selection button.

Norbert

More
25 Oct 2013 22:22 #40289 by probamo
Norbert,

can you please make a screeshot of the icon, so I can see what is it about. I am abroad at the moment, can't see gmoccapy.

Thanks

More
26 Oct 2013 16:50 #40305 by newbynobi
Sorry for comming back so late. I am forced from my wife to do some work on our house;-)

I do mean the mode buttons.

Norbert
Attachments:

More
26 Oct 2013 18:23 #40312 by probamo
Norbert,

for the top first - jog icon
for the mid one - mdi icon
for the last one - run icon

This is what I was thinking while creating the icons.

Please let me know your comments,

Cheers,
Dejan

PS. Boss (wife) is always right, should respect. :laugh:

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds