Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
11 Nov 2013 14:23 #40725 by DaOne
Andy,

I have seen your macros and I must say that is great work. :) Basically the IPS system builds on what your already doing. Instead of a one time op you can basically build a program by recording all those simple steps so you can make another part or many quickly. You can still do just a single op at a time if you want. On a lathe its great because most programs are simple anyways and it beats hand coding. The Haas TL-1 lathe here is used exclusively like this.

Here is the docs on the lathe side for a Haas TL lathe. Starts on page 34...

www.productivity.com/content/customer/do...as%20TL%20Manual.pdf

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2013 21:20 #40737 by andypugh

Basically the IPS system builds on what your already doing. Instead of a one time op you can basically build a program by recording all those simple steps so you can make another part or many quickly

I am pretty sure that this is exactly what NGCGUI does. But you would need input from someone who actually uses it, like JT.

More
21 Nov 2013 02:51 - 21 Nov 2013 02:52 #41031 by newbynobi
Do you like to see gmoccapy 0.9.9 ?

I just uploaded a new video, demonstrating the new DRO I will introduce with the next release.

please give me feedback, because I would like to delete the DRO button.

Norbert

gmoccapy with new DRO
Last edit: 21 Nov 2013 02:52 by newbynobi. Reason: forgot the link

More
21 Nov 2013 03:32 #41037 by sliptonic
Axis has the menu File->properties which shows, among other things, the estimated run time for the currently loaded file. Is there a way to get this info in gmoccapy?

More
21 Nov 2013 03:48 #41040 by probamo
@sliptopic
regardless Axis/Gmoccapy the time estimated to run the code to the end you can find in the CAM programs (while creating the code - such as Vectric Aspire for instance)

Norbert,

awesome :woohoo: , brilinat work. I support you to delete buttons and reduce the code.

I would kindly ask you to advise, can I somehow place gmoccapy in 2.5.3 edition to make real test woth my CNC, and another, change invent a fancy name of your work instead 'gmoccapy'. As long as LinuxCNC is developped and more people is getting informed, more will like your work, and trying to pronounce the name of application (no english native) would be difficult. It is my personnal oppinion which can be easily ignored.

More
21 Nov 2013 03:51 #41041 by newbynobi
Halo sliptonic without name,

Yes and No, as axis did solve that matter, it should be possible to get the necesary information. I have that on my ToDo List, but at the very end.
So please do not expect a short solution.

Norbert

More
21 Nov 2013 04:03 #41045 by newbynobi
Halo probamo,

the CAM solution is not what is expected, because many people do the coding by hand or using subroutines.
The informations are extracted from EMC_CANNON as far as I know.

Regarding the name, I was thinking a lot about the name, it come from:

g from gscreen, whitch is the base code of gmoccapy
mocca from a German GUI written in free pascal, I have used the base layout from that GUI
py from python, as the GUI is written in that language

What is a name you recommend?
I am planing launching a very, very industrial version, and a name for that would be great.

Also to everybody, the development is slowing down now a little bit more, because no one does the documentation, so I will have to do that, because I do hate undocumented software and other also. So I will go on with the WIKI and at the moment it is not as up to date, as I do wish to.

There are two major thinks I plan to include next:

- Get rid of popup dialogs, they are cumbersome to handle and cost a lot of code, I thing the questions to the user should be integrated in the GUI, IMHO they should aperear in the INFO Frame at the botton part of the GUI

- Implement a tool measurement after a M6, with settings on the settings page and a included remap function, resulting in a very easy implementation of a tool length switch for the user, Give the position and the search way in the settings page, connect the switch, as hardware and as hal pin and enjoy.

But first docu, docu and docu...

Norbert

Norbert

More
21 Nov 2013 04:32 #41051 by mariusl

Do you like to see gmoccapy 0.9.9 ?

I just uploaded a new video, demonstrating the new DRO I will introduce with the next release.

please give me feedback, because I would like to delete the DRO button.

Norbert

gmoccapy with new DRO

Yes Norbert I agree, remove the button. The way you have it now makes sense to me. Good work man. This program is really one of the best on Linuxcnc now.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
21 Nov 2013 06:16 #41064 by probamo
Norbert,

you made it - we like it, we commented - you improve it.

Why not simple name - NORB

Then you may add - mill, lathe etc.

Cheers,

Dejan

P.S. Regarding popups, I support idea.

More
21 Nov 2013 15:28 #41076 by newbynobi
Halo Dejan,

I think if we select an new name, it should explain more, what the GUI does, and have a relation to LinuxCNC, but unfortunately I have no good idea at the moment.

LCNC-Gui ?
LCNC-Machine control
???

At the moment it should remain gmoccapy, spelled geemoccapi, but I am open for the very, very industrial version.

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds