NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
07 Jun 2017 15:56 #94243 by FernV

...the updates today included a update for Linuxcnc to 2.7.9

This is THE update that will use the deb package and will update NativeCAM automatically. It seems that it will not be included at this time with lcnc but I already tested a package hosting service that gives full satisfaction at this time

I will make a few more tests with ncam and post here maybe tonight how to use it in 2 or 3 very simple commands. In the meantime, do NOT use nondeb_setup.py

Fern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2017 16:04 #94245 by gmouer
Hi Fern,
Thanks for the fast reply, as you always do.

If I understand you correctly, the updates I took today, for lcnc, corrupted my NativeCam installation because the deb updating of NativeCam is only partially implemented at this time and was included in the update to Lcnc 2.7.9

I will wait for your suggestions. I had hoped to make some parts using NativeCam but it will have to wait for a solution.

Thanks again,
George

More
07 Jun 2017 16:23 #94248 by FernV

If I understand you correctly, the updates I took today, for lcnc, corrupted my NativeCam installation because the deb updating of NativeCam is only partially implemented at this time and was included in the update to Lcnc 2.7.9

Pretty close ...

With previous stable versions of lcnc, we had to modify some of lcnc essential files and they were overwritten on every lcnc update, what it did with this new version.

However many would be ncam users had problems installing it and having to redo it many times frustrated many. So there was concensus at lcnc to do something about it and the code was modified to use 2 new subdirectories for applications like NativeCAM. The modifications were included in the pre-release version but now have been released in this stable version.

After a deb package is installed, you will never have to worry about updating or re-install the deb unless you uninstall it

Fern

More
08 Jun 2017 02:21 #94275 by FernV
Hi George

You will find the instruction on how to setup as a deb at
forum.linuxcnc.org/40-subroutines-and-ng...eb-package-now#94274

Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: licantrop

More
28 Jun 2017 16:55 - 28 Jun 2017 16:59 #95115 by eFalegname
Hi Fern,
I'm having some problems with my tool change, I still do not understand how manual tool change works in NativeCam, maybe I have to delete all my previous tool change configuration, Could you clarify my doubt, please?
here you have my ini file:

File Attachment:

File Name: eF_NCam.ini
File Size:6 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: tool-job-begin.ngc
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: tool-zero.ngc
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: tool-change.ngc
File Size:3 KB

Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jun 2017 16:59 by eFalegname.

More
28 Jun 2017 17:06 - 28 Jun 2017 17:16 #95117 by eFalegname
Then I also would need a helping hand regarding implementation of % to wrap the Gcode, so I have a small list of wishes :laugh: :laugh: ....
Last edit: 28 Jun 2017 17:16 by eFalegname.

More
28 Jun 2017 17:15 #95118 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed

Hi Fern,
I'm having some problems with my tool change, I still do not understand how manual tool change works in NativeCam, maybe I have to delete all my previous tool change configuration, Could you clarify my doubt, please?
here you have my ini file:

There is no special way to use manual tool change with NativeCAM, it is standard LinuxCNC
I looked at your ini file and there are lot of options I see for the first time, I would certainly have to disable many to use it.

Could you explain more about 'problems with my tool change'

What do you mean by 'wrapping the code', what code do you want to wrap with what code ?

Fern

More
28 Jun 2017 17:24 - 28 Jun 2017 17:27 #95120 by eFalegname
Since I find difficult to explain it in English I copied and pasted from the linuxcnc manual what I mean with wraping the Gcode:
20. File Requirements

A G code file must contain one or more lines of G code and be terminated with a Program End. Any G code past the program end is not evaluated.

If a program end code is not used a pair of percent signs % with the first percent sign on the first line of the file followed by one or more lines of G code and a second percent sign. Any code past the second percent sign is not evaluated.
Warning
	Using % to wrap a G code file will not do the same thing as using a program end. The machine will be in what ever state the program left it in using %, the spindle and coolant may still be on and things like G90/91 are left as the last program set them. If you don’t use a proper preamble the next program could start in a dangerous condition.
Note
	The file must be created with a text editor like Gedit and not a word processor like Open Office Word Processor.
Ex. of my Gcode :

File Attachment:

File Name: fillets.ngc
File Size:1 KB

I don't use any M2 or M30 to finish my Gcode in order to not change the current Work Offset or restore G54
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jun 2017 17:27 by eFalegname.

More
28 Jun 2017 17:41 #95123 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed
The gcode file is auto-generated with pre-amble and post-amble by NativeCAM every time you make a change. You can create pretty complex parts by selecting basic or advanced shapes and other options without writing a line of gcode yourself.

If it can not do what you want, you can add custom code or file (see in Miscelaneous). You do not write the whole file but only what ncam can not do. Your custom code or custom file is inserted at the position you defined.

There is a learning curve to write gcode and my plan is to add more features.
Play with it in the simulator and even mill some parts.

Fern

More
28 Jun 2017 17:42 - 28 Jun 2017 17:44 #95124 by eFalegname
I have two plates. The fixed plate on the worktop serves to refer the first tool by setting its length equal to zero, after the NativeCam installation the tool doesn't go to the fixed plate anymore:

Last edit: 28 Jun 2017 17:44 by eFalegname.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds