NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
29 Jun 2017 17:44 #95184 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed

...I have saved my defaults values and then hid coolant compensation and tool length functions.

Hidden state is saved with custom defaults values so hide before saving. You do not have to delete those before saving again

...It would be nice to add a 45 and 90 degree hatch option to the engraving function.

ncam calls truetype-tracer which is the work of Chris Radek and others from a python script. truetype-tracer is compiled for different os versions and I have no plans now to create a new tt-tracer

...Are you planning to implement tool wear compensation, maybe G41.1 D#; G42.1 D# for simplicity?

I will consider your suggestion

...Imho a calculator is more useful than a simple virtual keyboard.

I agree

...In the rectangle function, you should increase the corner options as in the image bellow

I will also consider this suggestion

...Sorry for the long list of wishes, is that I'm very enthusiastic about your work.

PLEASE, DO NOT STOP REQUESTING NEW FEATURES

...I don't see any updates for debian stretch.

Update of NativeCAM on your system will be automatic AFTER a new version is pushed

Fern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2017 09:01 - 30 Jun 2017 12:06 #95202 by eFalegname

...Sorry for the long list of wishes, is that I'm very enthusiastic about your work.

PLEASE, DO NOT STOP REQUESTING NEW FEATURES
Fern

Hi Fern,
on a wood router cnc cabinet parts have to be left side and right, for that reason a mirror feature is very important, a sort of G50-G51 Gcode in mach3 not implemented in linuxcnc. Under the Group "Offset-Rotation" could you add a Mirror toolpath function maybe flipping and shifting the current workoffset (not rotating it) and not reversing the toolpaths to mantain the same milling direction?

forum.linuxcnc.org/40-subroutines-and-ng...-mirror?limitstart=0

Cheers,
Floris
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jun 2017 12:06 by eFalegname.

More
30 Jun 2017 11:26 - 30 Jun 2017 11:27 #95207 by Todd Zuercher
The problem with simply mirroring a tool path, is it reverses the path direction of cut. (conventional milling to climb milling for example.) That can have unintended consequences, especially when milling wood. Such as corners chipping off, or pieces cut different sizes, and poor surface finishes. (I generally just set up 2 files a left and right one, even on machines that have the mirroring code.)
Last edit: 30 Jun 2017 11:27 by Todd Zuercher.

More
30 Jun 2017 13:16 - 30 Jun 2017 23:00 #95210 by FernV

...on a wood router cnc cabinet parts have to be left side and right, for that reason a mirror feature is very important, a sort of G50-G51 Gcode in mach3 not implemented in linuxcnc. Under the Group "Offset-Rotation" could you add a Mirror toolpath function maybe flipping and shifting the current workoffset (not rotating it) and not reversing the toolpaths to mantain the same milling direction?

Hi Floris,

I do not know what shape you want mirror but there are possibilities with "Polyline'. The only restriction is pocketing.

Version 0.1.4 is available now and it should be installed on your computer.

Open the example 'Lathe cnc conversion/sensors bracket.xml'.
I designed the right half of the profile with 4 elements and then mirrored everything from the beginning. Changing dimensions of those elements will be reflected on the left side.

This works inside an item but for a whole shape, you first create the polyline you want (closed or open) like the strange one here, then add a 'Polyline mirror'.
You can mirror on X or Y axes, offset, rotate, mill clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Can these work for you ?

Fern

P.S. In this new version, I added 'Dynamic diameter' in Tool change. You have to replace old 'Tool change' for the new one.
Tell me if it works like you wished
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jun 2017 23:00 by FernV. Reason: correct version number
The following user(s) said Thank You: eFalegname

More
30 Jun 2017 14:07 #95213 by Clive S
When generating code.

G20 gets inserted after the preamble with G21 G17 etc How can I stop this please this means the G20 changes back to imperial

Many thank for a great product

More
30 Jun 2017 14:14 - 30 Jun 2017 14:18 #95214 by FernV

When generating code.
G20 gets inserted after the preamble with G21 G17 etc
How can I stop this please this means the G20 changes back to imperial

DO NOT USE G20/G21 IN THE PREAMBLE
NativeCAM identifies metric or imperial in TRAJ section of your inifile.

Fern
Last edit: 30 Jun 2017 14:18 by FernV.

More
30 Jun 2017 14:19 #95215 by Clive S

When generating code.
G20 gets inserted after the preamble with G21 G17 etc
How can I stop this please this means the G20 changes back to imperial

NativeCAM identifies metric or imperial in TRAJ section of your inifile

Fern

Thanks for the rapid response I have metric in the TRAJ ini I do have G21 to the preamble under preferences

I forgot to mention this is with master 2.8 build

More
30 Jun 2017 14:26 #95216 by FernV

...I have metric in the TRAJ ini I do have G21 to the preamble under preferences

Do you really mean that even with metric in TRAJ you get a G20 ???
This is not affected by lcnc versions. The only reference is TRAJ section unless no inifile is specified then it defaults to imperial

Fern

More
30 Jun 2017 14:38 #95217 by Clive S

...I have metric in the TRAJ ini I do have G21 to the preamble under preferences

Do you really mean that even with metric in TRAJ you get a G20 ???
This is not affected by lcnc versions. The only reference is TRAJ section unless no inifile is specified then it defaults to imperial

Fern

Fern sorry you lead you astray. I think I have been doing things incorrect.

I was trying to run this not embedded ie stand alone. I achieved this (incorrectly it seems) by commenting out the Glade line in the ini file this seemed to work fine but I was wrong.

When I try with NativeCAM embedded everything is OK

So can you please inform me the correct way to run it as stand alone. Thanks

More
30 Jun 2017 14:38 #95218 by FernV
Clive,

This how metric is identified, it must be either 'mm' or 'metric'
default_metric = ini_instance.find('TRAJ', 'LINEAR_UNITS') in ['mm', 'metric']

Fern

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds